Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Glad you slept well... Angel tossed & turned

tlrgs;307397 wrote: hi there fallen...hows it going today.

It would go a lot better

if you would stand still!
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Glad you slept well... Angel tossed & turned
      ANGEL too many lashings take care behave. Look after you for a second

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Comment

Angel needs some TLC (and more duct tape)

Captnjack;307419 wrote:
        ANGEL too many lashings
        You think that's what it is?? I thought it was this fever I've been suffering with lately.
        Maybe I should take a day off from my duties.... you guys could entertain pamper me for a day... we could start out with a nice cruise out on the ocean....that would be nice...... can I bring D.B. along??
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

Comment

A Mystery to be Solved....

Angel needs your help

(to be continued)
          AF 6 years
          NF 7 years

Comment

Where's Chuck?

Mosaic

A story by
            Charles ****** (to protect personal privacy)
            Abraham Lincoln Middle School, Laguna Beach, CA

Ned lived in an old house by the sea. From where he slept, all he could see was the ocean.

The man who built the house had been rich. The house had beautiful stairways and three balconies. There was also a secret door. It led to the mirror room.

The mirror room was only about six feet by six feet. It was covered by mirrors?on the floor, on the walls, and on the ceiling. There was one stool in it, nailed to the floor.

Ned didn?t visit the mirror room very often. It was his secret, and he didn?t want his parents to know about it. They might turn it into another kind of room.

He would go there for about 15 minutes at a time. He sat looking for the end of the endless line of Neds. He looked until his eyes grew tired. Then he would go to his bedroom and watch the ocean.

One afternoon, Ned was sitting on the stool. He was looking down the line of Neds. Suddenly, he noticed something moving toward him. It came closer & closer.
            It was a tiny dot, coming right for him. The dot grew. Then he could see arms and legs. It turned into a man, walking down the lines of Neds. The man grew life-sized.

The man stopped, across from Ned, on the other side of the glass. He sat down where the other Ned was supposed to be. He looked at Ned with a strange smile.

?Hello, Ned,? he said. ?How are you? You?re probably wondering what I?m doing here. Well, I?m a business man. I do business with my friend back there.? He pointed in the direction that he had come from. ?Maybe you?d like to hear a story.?
            Ned looked at the man with wide eyes. The man cleared his throat, and began.

?Once there was a boy. He lived right by the sea. One room of his house was covered with mirrors. The mirror room was his secret. He loved to come and sit in it. One day a man came through the mirrors. He said that he would tell the boy a story. The story was this:
            ?Once there was a boy who had a secret room. It was covered with mirrors. The boy was sitting in the mirror room one day. A man came through the mirrors and told the boy a story. The story was this:
            ?A boy sat in his secret mirror room. A man came through the mirrors. He told the boy a story that went like this:
            ?Once a boy sat in a mirror room. A man came through the mirror and told him a story. It went like this?.?

After searching all night, Ned?s parents called the police. They broke through the wall. They found thousands and thousands of Neds, in little pieces, twinkling in the light.
            AF 6 years
            NF 7 years

Comment

Hi
              hope you are feeling better A. That story I can relate to, too many Neds. Close your eyes imagine a cruise on a beautiful sparkling ocean where the sea sparkles like diamonds and then imagine a big screeching sound as your sister parks the boat again on a rock. I do believe you guys need a lesson in seawoman ship.
              Unfortunatley cant help have to run took the day off work going sailing.

All the best take care
              Capt

Comment

sounds wonderful

Captnjack;307610 wrote: hope you are feeling better A.
                Close your eyes imagine a cruise on a beautiful sparkling ocean where the sea sparkles like diamonds
                Mmmmmmmm..... yes, I can imagine that.... thank you Capt'n

[ame= ]YouTube - Cowboy Junkies - Mariners Song[/ame]

The last of man's great unchained beasts lies lapping at my door
                I would give it what it wants, but I do know,
                it would just ask for more
                AF 6 years
                NF 7 years

Comment

Angel , I love the story and it's presentation! Funny how that was written during elementary school years but still resounds today!

Now Capn, what is this? Are you complaining about low # of AF days?
                  Now truth be told...your # is higher than mine, so I guess I should be the one bowing (and apologizing for having to involve the coast guard in our rescue)

Congratulations and keep up the good work...we are here for morale and support. No slacking in the patting ourselves on the back!:wd::

IAD...what's this...alpha male?

Please take a look at angel's and my last collaboration...enjoy, their will be a test on Friday!!! Don't study the tips too much, publishing dept made us put them in...

Angel, should we use some photos of Guy's fling in the next issue?

Comment

321 just a test look out
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Where's Chuck??

Back in the 70's in English class, we were given a small collection of short stories that were written by other middle school students in the U.S. The story "Mosaic" captivated me from the first time I read it. I was amazed at the writing skill & imagination that a person of that age possessed... and have saved this story for about 30 years. Several years ago I made a calligraphy project from part of his story. I've been planning on making a book out of glass & mirror with the entire story to go along with the sculpture.
                      I have always wondered what became of Charles... did he put his talent towards a writing career?? Maybe he is a well-known writer.... I wonder. I would love to find this person, and let them know how their story written so many years ago has been so cherished... and even inspired art projects. I do have his last name, but didn't want to put it out on a public forum... if anyone is interested in helping me "find Chuck".... please pm me... thanks.

Excerpt:
                      ?Once there was a boy. He lived right by the sea. One room of his house was covered with mirrors. The mirror room was his secret. He loved to come and sit in it. One day a man came through the mirrors. He said that he would tell the boy a story. The story was this:
                      ?Once there was a boy who had a secret room. It was covered with mirrors. The boy was sitting in the mirror room one day. A man came through the mirrors and told the boy a story. The story was this:
                      ?A boy sat in his secret mirror room. A man came through the mirrors. He told the boy a story that went like this:
                      ?Once a boy sat in a mirror room. A man came through the mirror and told him a story. It went like this?.?
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

Comment

All in due time

IAD;307077 wrote: " Domince & Submission ! I' m
                        not worthy, I'm not worthy..........! IAD !
                        A Masochist is standing on a street corner. A Sadist walks up to him & the Masochist yells out
                        "HIT ME HIT ME!"
                        The Sadist looks at him and calmly says 'no'.

IAD-
                        Just thought I'd let you know that your fling
                        has been delayed.

AF 6 years
                        NF 7 years

Comment

If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

[ame= ]YouTube - Red Green Show - Dog Wash[/ame]
                          AF 6 years
                          NF 7 years

Comment

Hi
                            Just checking in hope every one is well
                            By the way I had the most wonderful sail today to say happy birthday 7 days sober
                            Kind breeze no work mobile OFF SPARKLING BAY FULL OF DIAMONDS.

All the best Cap

Comment

For my chatroom Darrens

Kids In The Hall

[ame= ]YouTube - Hooker 4 Life[/ame]
                              AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

Comment

I'm so proud of you!

Captnjack;307801 wrote:
                                By the way I had the most wonderful sail today to say happy birthday 7 days sober

.....OFF SPARKLING BAY FULL OF DIAMONDS.

A huge congratulations on your first week!
                                I'm so glad you did something special to celebrate it! And look at you... now you're already into your 2nd week! ...my my.... how time flies when we're having fun!

P.S.
                                You keep talking like that, you're going to melt the northern ice caps! lol
                                AF 6 years
                                NF 7 years

Comment

Working...
                                X