• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Alive & furiously kicking

Angel!
    LMAO!!!!

How in the world can any mere mortal in this dreary world be so creative??
    Angel surely must be one of those aliens even Arthur C.Clarke( R.I.P.!) & Issac Asimov failed to divine.
    Also Angel, don't resort to unfair tactics in your quest to score brownie points. I was busy practising my skills of repartee trying to soak up all humour wisdom buried in the vaults of previous threads/ discussions.(And of course shamelessly plagiarising those without IPR concerns thereafter...)...Close your eyes...Recollect Rocky Balboa running up the steps of Philadelphia Art Museum or Mental Asylum or whatever...and then entering the ring to emerge victorious... That was how I was aiming to feel after my research exertions. And you in your impatience and probably with a lurking fear that I'm putting the intervening period to good use to sharpen knives and recharge ammunition, have put paid to my vision.
    Also, howmuchever I wish to appear all-knowing, sage and wise in my posts, you are succeeding in drawing the child out of me..... Keep drawing him away...
    Ya, for the record and to stay however obliquely relevant to the site ( and expecting that this line ensures that I don't get thrown out) , 20th day alcoholfree..
    ..tkeene..sorry for not succeeding in my earlier intention....
    ..Doggygirl..this post is actually an endurance test for your liking...
    Doubter - Founder Member of the Official Angel Fan Club
    P.S.: Probably being ensnared into the clutches of a new addiction.....MWO!!!
    RJ! Next business idea..... de-addiction site for MWO addicts.... First subscribers, Angel & D.
    *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Hi Fallen,
      Thank you so much for inviting me to this thread. I'm late for work, but when I get home I look forward to reading all the posts! I'm not an abstainer (except from cigarettes) is that ok?:thanks:
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Not only do we rock, we know how to fling them too

doubter;294629 wrote:
        don't resort to unfair tactics in your quest to score brownie points.
        :blah:

*Angel tosses limited edition 2001: A Space Odyssey over a cliff & watches Doubter bound after*

"There...that should take care of him for awhile" she smirked with an evil grin... "Now where was I??
        Oh yeah.... as I was saying ladies....it's all about practice & honing our skills. I have searched far & wide, and have finally come up with highly effective & motivating training course for all of us here. You know, it's very important that we stay sharp & on guard at all times."

Click Here
        (select pink arcade game... speakers on)
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

vettech25;294795 wrote: Hi Fallen,
          Thank you so much for inviting me to this thread....
          I'm not an abstainer (except from cigarettes) is that ok?
          Welcome Mimi! So glad you found your way over here!!
          (Oh...just for the record, I don't mind being called by my last name....we're very informal around here, except for Mr D LameName that seems to have a permanently wedged stick up his.... oh never mind) lol

Of course it's alright that you're here..... you never know, I just might turn you into a convert
          Although there are people here that are not long termers (yet), or are in the stages of moderating... this is a place where I can practice the tools that have kept me sober for this many months, which include humor, reflection & friendship.
          That being said, I'm sure as I type this, RJ has been busily setting up a new category & in the process of transferring this thread.... rumor has it, that we will now be located under "Useless". :H
          AF 6 years
          NF 7 years

Comment

Just popping in to say Hi to everyone! I'm going to have LOTS of cathing up to do once the Figure Skating event is over. Just wanted you to know FA that I still plan to continue as a Long Term Abster In Training.

Have a fabulous AF Day everyone!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AMELIA;291735 wrote: Welcome Fallen.
              I liked your posts and quote very much.
              I am very much in that place (your first post). I have been drinking excessively for 17 years and I am sick of everything about it. I have recently moved and managed to rid myself of much of the external stress that I felt.
              I have managed to get myself to an environment that is relaxing and will enable me to live out my long held dreams (on the work front).
              Alcohol is no longer an option for me if I want to realise my dreams.
              Thank you for both your posts, they struck a chord with me.
              Thank you for reaching out and congratulations on your 7 months of sobriety. I can imagine that what your write is so true about being sober for an extended time.
              I look forward to experiencing it for myself.
              xx
              Amelia,
              I feel the same as you..It's like Al stole my ambition in life...I feel like I'm only a small bit of the person I use to be.
              :l

Comment

Doggygirl;294871 wrote: Just popping in to say Hi to everyone! I'm going to have LOTS of cathing up to do once the Figure Skating event is over.
                And a good day to you my friend! So glad to hear you're enjoying yourself... that's what it's all about! We'll be here..... anxiously awaiting your return

AF 6 years
                NF 7 years

Comment

FallenAngel;293641 wrote: First of all my Doubting friend, DON'T YOU DARE change your postings...otherwise, I'm so OUTTA HERE!! LOL

Ok,.... I'll start the ball rolling on strategies that I have used over the past months to stay sober.
                  I think one of the most important issues for me, is that I don't become a "dry drunk"... a drinker that doesn't drink, but still wants to. This is where so much of the emotional work comes in. We must start trying to look at ourselves with total honesty... and search for the real reasons why we drink, even though we keep telling ourselves that we don't want to.
                  Someone once asked me if I would pour alcohol down a baby's throat. I answered "Of course I wouldn't! Why would you suggest such a thing??" They then replied.... "So why do you think it's ok to pour it down yours??"

So often we forget about that child in all of us that we lost connection with...they are still there...frightened & alone, wondering why we abandoned them when they needed so desperately to be loved & nurtured.
                  That's where we need to start.
                  Go searching.... they are there....
                  but so often, we don't know where to look or if we would recognize them after all these years.

Behind a locked door, huddled in the far corner of the room, you will find them.
                  Take them into your arms & embrace them..... tell them how sorry you are for leaving... and that you will never abandon them again. As you look into that beautiful familiar face, you will see a glimmer of hope in their eyes...
                  and forgiveness in their heart.

Welcome back dear child of mine.
                  I have missed you.
                  Take my hand as we walk out of the dark
                  and into the light.
                  OMG FA !!! That is so good....that is what my psych said. Are you a psycho?? I mean psychologiest?
                  :l

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AMELIA
                    I am very much in that place (your first post). I have been drinking excessively for 17 years and I am sick of everything about it.

Jaded;294877 wrote: Amelia,
                    I feel the same as you..It's like Al stole my ambition in life...I feel like I'm only a small bit of the person I use to be.
                    Yes, I know what you mean... with AL in our lives on a constant basis, it really did sap the life energy out of us, leaving us tired (with life & everything) that having another glass seemed like the only thing that interested us...
                    and for yet another day, it controlled our lives .
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

Comment

Jaded;294987 wrote: Are you a psycho??
                      I have been called that on occasion.... among other things! LMAO
                      :teeter:
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

Comment

OK, yeah, I've spent the last 45 minutes reading this thread and LMAO!! First, my aplogies for using your last name only--Ms. Angel. That's my vote. Ms. Angel. :wings:
                        I too was thrilled to find the "More" button, I'm glad to see you using it to the fullest! Also TG for Cindi to explain some things.....Esp when Doggygirl had the little pencil thingy and didn't know it!:H
                        I will definately keep coming back here, I love a good laugh. And I agree with the suggestion for a site for people addicted to MWO--I spend way too much time here!!
                        Hey, thanks again Ms. for inviting me here, it means alot.

:hallo::hallo:
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Doggygirl;294871 wrote: I'm going to have LOTS of cathing up to do once the Figure Skating event is over.
                          cath'e-ter n. tube put in the bladder to remove urine.

Wow DG.... I had no idea how seriously you take this Figure Skating... I thought for sure bathroom breaks were allowed. I am in awe of your commitment. :bow

AF 6 years
                          NF 7 years

Comment

vettech25;295008 wrote: That's my vote. Ms. Angel.
                            OMG OMG OMG!!! >>> you are so right Mimi!!
                            I don't know WHAT happened.....I guess I must have skimmed over the part too fast about choosing username and thought they were asking after boozing, what's usually to blame...
                            I get it now...they wanted my name....well no biggy, and I can be all formal & uppity like Mr D LameAssName too and use my full handle: MsGuidedAngel.

Thank you so much!! :h Between you & Cindi, I'm really getting up to speed around here!:racer:
                            AF 6 years
                            NF 7 years

Comment

Truce

Hey Doubter...C'mere... :no:
                              don't worry.... I ain't gonna hurt ya..... see??? No weapons! eace:
                              Doubter... dammit...get over here!
                              :sulk:

Alright... keep a buffer zone between us... sheesh
                              all I wanted to do was be the first one to congratulate you on 3 weeks! :clapclap:
                              AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

Comment

:angel:A simple thanks for everything, Angel.:thanks:

.. And rest assured, this crazy old coot will not touch another drink in March come hell or high weather..

And me scared?!!!:boxer:

Think Doubter & think... Rocky....John Rambo.. ( minus those unintelligible grunts..'Hey maan, do you know my Mom used to hit me black & blue when I was a kid cuz she couldn't make any head or tail out of my neanderthalian blabbering and that's why I ended up all harebrained, ketchup-slathered and greasepainted all over my sculpted body pretending to be so macho in my movies..and so vacant in my upperstory...')

Think Doubter & think....the Terminator
                                ... all those bulging biceps and outrageously outsized guns minus the vacuous stare ...

It's not only all prim & uppity here... :no:
                                ... Got the picture, Angel....

Hasta lavista, baby
                                D

P.S : MsGuidedAngel??...goodone but ponder over... MisdirectedVerbalVolleyist?...

And a very warm welcome to you Mimi!!... this place is uplifting!....Let's have fun together...& some learning too..
                                *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Working...
                                X