A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YA, In case he might need to breath ! Ha!
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

This is IT!

[ame= ]YouTube - Life in Tokyo #53 A Phallus Festival[/ame]

Comment

it appears...

that the crew of Darren's have been on this mission for many decades. Flyin' looks around at her mates and is amazed at how fine everyone is still looking. She runs over to the ships controls and finds their position at sea very alarming....then it hits her!!!

They are in

And Everyone knows that the Bermuda Triangle is where Father Time and Mother Nature are having sex...so this could get really crazy!!!

Flyin know that she needs to get the crews attention and they need to figure out how to escape this void, without disaster to their ship ! She also realizes that they must tread carefully for if they warp themselves back out of this triangle without careful planning...
        oh the image is awful....
        ...she can't even comprehend....
        ....oh poor doubter and angel are happy but so OLD!!!

Comment

wanted to share my thoughts

I was talking with my good friend Doubter this morning about goals that I am going to make for myself this upcoming year. As I was talking to him, some very interesting points came to mind, and I would like to share them with you.

Next month will mark 2 years since I quit smoking, and 1 year since I quit drinking. So basically, I have been on a self-improvement mission for the past 2 years.

2 days after my 1 year milestone of not smoking, I quit drinking.
          I was part of a group that were all reaching their one year milestone around the same time. We all looked forward in eager anticipation of celebrating our one year. I was the only one that set new goals for myself for the next 12 months. Within a month or so after their 1 yr celebration, several members of this group started feeling somewhat depressed... they had reached their goal...but now what?? I am so glad that I started up on a new project for myself...I kept the momentum going, and also used the skills that I had learned from quitting nicotine & applied them to my sobriety.

And I want to keep this momentum ongoing.

Now here is what I started thinking about this morning:
          These past 2 years I have improved myself...but I have done that by NOT doing something....by NOT smoking.... by NOT drinking. This is something that does not take real time away from us...it actually gives BACK time because we are no longer doing these actions. So in essence, this is a passive form of action.
          As I look towards the month of July coming up, I have been seriously contemplating on what my goals are for this next year. I really like (and I think NEED) to have a focus in my life to keep myself happy & love my life. For the past 2 years I have given up things... now my focus will be on DOING. I plan on giving myself more time to read... write.... do my artwork...exercise....meditate...and volunteer.

The interesting part is.... what I have worked so hard for these past couple of years really in fact took no time out of my life. My new goals will.
          And so time management is going to be a big part of this so that I can accomplish my goals without feeling overwhelmed.

I'm excited about focusing on new goals for this next year. This is what keeps me feeling alive, young... and joyfully jumping out of bed each morning with anticipation of what great things the day has in store!
          I encourage everyone to set up goals... and to grow into a better person.
          Keep learning. Find the love in your heart & in others. Love life. Keep moving forward.
          Learn to love yourself & become the person you were meant to be. Become a beacon for others to find their way... shine... shine in your own unique light.

Angel
          AF 6 years
          NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

additional thoughts

I'm so glad that I wrote down my thoughts in a post earlier this morning. When I reread it, many things came into focus that had previously been obscure to me.

In the past 2 years, I have spent my energy on REMOVING negative elements in my life.
            It's now clear to me, I needed to overcome these obstacles first before I was ready to welcome & embrace the positive elements I want in my life.
            I was not ready before...but I can now see that I have been preparing myself for this new stage of my life.
            Preparing myself in many ways....

by doing the emotional work that is required to overcome addictions so that one is happy with living a new lifestyle free from chemical addiction...

distancing myself from negative, toxic, petty-minded people & only surrounding myself with positive, energized individuals that are kind, gentle, loving souls....

by giving myself the time & patience required to make life-altering changes. I have learned how to be gentle & kind to myself.... have learned how to love who I am- everything from my talents that I never gave myself credit for, to the quirkiness that makes me unique. I have learned not only to love & respect myself, but to like myself as well. I am now my own best friend...not my worst enemy.

Yes, these past 2 years have certainly been an interesting part of my journey.
            And the journey continues.

It was easy to put labels on my past endeavors:
            July 2006 quit smoking
            July 2007 quit drinking
            I've been having a difficult time trying to pinpoint exactly what I'm setting out to do this next year, to somehow put all that I want to do in a nutshell, and it suddenly came to me after reading my last post....

July 2008 started living healthy in Mind, Body, and Soul.

Angel,
            a shining crazy diamond
            AF 6 years
            NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

i love it angel so positive just what i need to read to keep me going and keep me positive thinking love you my friend
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Angel,

Wise, wise, wise words and plans! I have been on the path of a healthy mind, body and spirit for years through meditation, prayer, reading and holistic health and eating. But it was not until this year that I realized how much drinking destroyed my work in all the other areas I was practicing. Slow learner here! I am very thankful that our journeys have crossed. You are a true inspiration!

Guy
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Angel,

This thread certainly has its twists and turns.

First of all, I want to tell you how much I admire you for what you have accomplished in your life the last two years. I know how hard it is to overcome one addiction. You have done that twice. You really do inspire those of us who are just starting out on our journey.

Having said that, I would also like to tell you how priveleged I feel to be your friend. I think that you are one of the most caring, supportive and encouraging friends I have ever had. I know I can count on you to be honest, no matter what. I hope you know how much I appreciate all you have done to help me.

Angel, I believe that no matter what you decide to do in your life you will be a success and I wish you joy and happiness always.

Your friend,

Time:h

Comment

My take on Angel's thoughts

FallenAngel;348178 wrote: It was easy to put labels on my past endeavors:
                    July 2006 quit smoking
                    July 2007 quit drinking
                    I've been having a difficult time trying to pinpoint exactly what I'm setting out to do this next year, to somehow put all that I want to do in a nutshell, and it suddenly came to me after reading my last post....

July 2008 started living healthy in Mind, Body, and Soul.

Angel,
                    a shining crazy diamond
                    Angel!

As time has so aptly mentioned, this thread really has its own unfathomable twists and turns.

Wonderful to see that you have put your thoughts so eloquently for all of us here to ponder upon and internalize.

When I first came to this site three & a half months ago, I was reeling under the impact of probably my most embarassing moment in life- a sad barroom brawl - which made me realise that my alcohol dependency ( which being in denial, I was not ready to admit earlier) was actually downgrading my quality of life. That's when I've taken this long break from my affair with al.

Slowly, the realisation is sinking in that being free from substance abuse is bringing about fundamental changes in the way I perceive life and my reactions to it.

As you have so wisely mentioned, once we come out of the alcoholic haze that we have inadvertantly pushed ourselves into, its time for all of us to substitute this debilitating dependency with far more positive goals.

At this point of time, I'm actually in the process of standing back and reevaluating my priorites in life (The eternal Doubter, that's me...lol..). Never thought that quitting alcohol shall bring about such a primal shift in my thought pattern.

Another observation. Many abstainers - Guy & you in this thread - keep mentioning exercise, reading, meditation, prayer, volunteering and such other pursuits as better substitutes for alcohol. I just realised that I'm now spending far more time indulging in these activities than I ever did while drinking. And I spend more quality time with my family too.

Knowing you as I do, I am cent percent confident that you will succeed in all your positive goals.

Thanks for putting up such a thought-provoking, truly inspirational post. You are special.

AlittlelessofaDoubter
                    *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

i remember the day i met you...

Dear Angel,

I will never forget the day I met you. I was a sorry soul looking for a light of hope, I entered chat and you were the only person in there. You were so happy to ignore your laundry and sit and have a convo! I will never forget learning LMAO, ROFLMA, BEG and many others....thank you for opening my eyes to the world of acronyms! That day you opened my eyes to many other things too, soberity. You held my hand firmly with words of wisdom and a strong council that has never left my memory. Fortunately for me our chats have continued, and unfortunately so has the ignorance of house work!

I like your idea of a new leaf, taking this wonderful energy and channeling down a new course. I look forward to hearing about these adventures and continuing this wonderful relationship with you!

Thank you for all you do!
                      (((ANGEL))))
                      xo
                      your flyin' sisterhood soul mate!

Comment

Hi guys heard I'm due for a fling, love cap

Comment

Welcome Back Capt'n, My condlences......I'm working on a experimentlal catapolt, mind you it's only experimental !
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

[img width=448 height=361]embed width=[/img]
                            I'm working on a experimentlal catapolt, mind you it's only experimental ! SURE IS IAD(mind you it's only experimental !) . done any tests yet HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
                            Cap the practical lol I am Back thanks to my Da

Comment

Sorry Capt'n My URL thing got screwed up !!! Ha! Re-read my last thread mate !IAD ! ( Just had the formula written down, not the actual pics. ! Ha! )
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD thanks.... I like it alot You are the poster guy!!!!!!! .
                                cap

Comment

Working...
                                X