How Things Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Things Change

I just read this post again for the first time in a long time. I think of Bear. I sound so clumsy. He would have said what I tried to say in a much shorter and sweeter way. God, how I miss him. I think of him so often.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

How Things Change

Mags, thank you for that inspiration. We CAN do it eh..... Know what you mean about the phantoms buzzing around you head at night, I have been thinking of things that I haven't thought about in a long long time, things I haven't dealt with obviously but buried in the voddy bottle. I know this will get better only if I remain sober, nothing goes away with the bottle, only stalls until we face it.

Thank you.

Lx
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

How Things Change

Mags,

Three years sober. Wow.

I remember so many things you have told me in the past as you tried to help me with my sobriety.

"Some days it is all you can do to just put one foot in front of the other." I remember that when I am really down and just mutter to myself, "One foot in front of the other, girl."

"It gets better and better." Thank God!!

"You are my evil twin." Why do I have to be the evil one????

Your story and your fight out of your hell are an inspiration to me and lets me know I can fight my way out, too.

Thank you and know your evil twin sits here and is grateful she has had the chance to know you.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

How Things Change

Mags way to go!!
          It is more helpful than you can imagine to hear from someone that has been able to turn their back on al .Right now not drinking is not the problem, but the dealing with life at times feels like an exposed nerve.It hurts .
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

How Things Change

I'm on day 9, and not drinking is quite difficult, and the exposed nerve of life hurts too.

Comment

How Things Change

caysea and CS04

Hang in there guys. That's all I can say. It is too hard to keep quitting over and over again. Make this one last.

I don't want to sound brutal or anything, but there is no totally painless way to do this. The supps and the support and friendship here help so much. And the rewards in the end are more than worth the pain.

Welcome to life. It's a crazy wonderful place!!!!
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

How Things Change

Mags - I am ALWAYS drawn to your posts. You are a veteran now of living as a Non Drinker. Thank you for staying on this site to let those of us who have committed to a AF life - see those who are out there into the 'years' zone. I love you lady and think you are an amazing example. AF for life,
                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

How Things Change

Mags, thank you. 3 years is amazing absolutely wonderful. Dealing with problems without hiding behind the booze is the real issue. I agree if others can do it then we all can do it.
                  Congrats
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

How Things Change

Great post, Mags.

You're right about having to learn to deal with pain. Drinking has only delayed feeling all of it. I am ashamed that I have not been a human being for a long time. Had chance for happiness and screwed it up.

Perhaps another day it will knock on my door - but this time, I'll be a whole person, instead of a shadow of one...

Congrats on your 3 yrs. Sobriety is hard, but great. Eventually, the pain will be worked out. It may take a long time (in my case), but at least I'm heading in a Positive direction for a change.
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

How Things Change

Mags I really admire you ... 3 years ...arggghhh I am only nearly half way to 3 years ... oh well...onwards and upwards....

I am back in positive mode...sobriety is better than alcoholic haze I used to be in...

Good for you Mags
                      ?We are one another's angels?
                      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

How Things Change

Heavenly, 1 1/2 years is a HUGE accomplishment.

Mags, thanks for sharing that. I'm so glad this thread got bumped up and I got to read it. It's a treasure. Well done.
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

How Things Change

Hi Mags, I'm glad it got bumped up as well because I haven't been on here much lately so I missed this. A huge congratulations on three years AF, that is some achievment. You're right about the changes, great big shout from the rooftops changes during the first year, then much more subtle under the surface ones, but changes nontheless. Keep it up.

Love,
                          Louise xx
                          A F F L..
                          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
                          X