900 Days of xtexan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

900 Days of xtexan

Hey Neil!! WHO are you callin' "not a spring chicken" at 52!!!!!!! :soapbox2: (I just turned 50 in March )

Congratulations on your successful 5K run - especially with the hills! And thank you SO much for once again sharing your journey of another 100 days with us. You are such and inspiration.

Your words about learning to "just be" at peace strike a cord with me. I tend to be "always on the move" in life either mentally or emotionally or physically - unless drunk. I know I will need to find a better sense of peace and "just being" without the stupor of AL.

I look forward to reading your 1,000 day words of wisdom. And what a cool number that is. Hopefully by then I will be on day 112 AF myself....walking in your wise footsteps.

Thank you for sharing so much of yourself.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

:jumpwow: Neil !!

Once again, another beautiful, well written, inspirational story of your journey. Congratulations to you on your 900 days.....truly amazing.

Also, awesome job on improving your 5K by 4 minutes. There is alot to be said about that too !

Thank you for sharing with us. :thanks2:
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

Neil,
        Thanks for your post, I've been waiting for this.
        By the way 56 years old here.
        Phil
        Love and Peace,
        Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

Neil,

900 is a tremendous accomplishment. Thanks for staying in the loop of MWO. It is good to have scouts up ahead.

July

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

[QUOTE=xtexan; 2. You have to develop ?intestinal fortitude?, which is a euphemism for ?guts?. In order to deal with adversity, and hard times, one had to develop a resolve and courage deep within.

This quote stood out for me is so true, deep within. your post is very inspiring. Thank you Xtexan for sharing this with us just love it when people read a post and can pickout quotes that means something to them. Great Post Neil.

[b]Congratulations 900AF days WOW
            and Well done and a :goodjob: on you beating your 5k ran record.[/b]

P.s See you at 1000mark, Solid as a rock. :thumbs:

Love

Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

CONGRATULATIONS XTEXAN!

Thanks for your words of wisdom once and again. It is great hearing about all the milestones you've achieved, as well as your thoughts and feelings on the journey of getting there. It has been more than an inspiration to me.

I'm glad you are going to let yourself relax a little more. You deserve to "enjoy" your sobriety a little more. You've worked so hard. Enjoy.

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

Thank you Neil for sharing and being so open. It truly helps the rest of us. See you at 1000!
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

Bravo brother Neil. wonderful.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

Neil - I just had to bump this back up to the top ~ as I want to be able to read this often, and point others to it as well. It is a rare gem here at MWO to have those of you who are LONG term abbers posting. I LOVE reading your thoughts and journey. I LOVE the life commitment you have and the fact that you have gained strength with each passing milestone.

Thank you so much for sharing
                    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

900 Days of xtexan

I AM desperately trying to catch you up....all my admiration to you...I have read this a few times too...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...

:goodjob:
                      ?We are one another's angels?
                      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Working...
                      X