Mother's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother's Day

Wow, I used to post here so often, but have found it hard to do since Bear died. I miss him so much. Still. But this is still sort of my home place on MWO. The place I can write the most honestly. I know Bear still reads this.

As many of you know, I have been sober now for a few years, but the journey still goes on for me. It's not just that the stuggles still come and go, but the changes keep coming after 20 plus years of being a hard drinker. Yes, believe it or not, they still continue to come in slow and subtle ways.

I'm thinking tonight about the changes in my marriage. I'm very private about my marriage so won't go into too much detail, but I can say that my relationship with my husband of 26 years has improved so much. But it took several years of hard work on my part to get him to really get him to trust me again. It's not like he never trusted me. He always loved me and supported me through my hard times - thank God - what a wonderful friend. He has always been my best friend but it took several years before the total trust came back. It was never his fault. I don't blame him. I don't know if I would would have put up with what he did.

My message here is that alcohol abuse can hurt the most precious parts of your life in the most subtle ways. Don't expect magic overnight. It takes many years to recover and I am still in recovery. It is quite an interesting journey. I don't know when or if it will ever be over. I am just so happy to be on it.

Kind thoughts to all who read this.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Mother's Day

Good reminder, Mags. What was done might take awhile to be undone, unraveled and healed. Thanks.

Comment

Mother's Day

YES IT IS THE LONG ROAD GETTING SOBER AND SO WORTH EVERTHING YOU EVER WANTED BACK IN YOUR LIFE .. AMEN AND THANKX MAGS SENDING BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU AND YOURS
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Mother's Day

Mags... :h

Yes the changes are continuous. Some for me are subtle and some, as you know are dramatic. I watch my life unfold in a whole new way. I was meant to be sober for this and am grateful that I am.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Mother's Day

Mags, very wise words, thank you for sharing.
          I cannot believe the changes in myself and my relationships either. Sobriety is truly a gift and I cherish it.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mother's Day

good thought full post,when i read posts like that it makes me think what an awful waste of a life i had,but hopefully no more

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mother's Day

thanks Mags .... good reminder
              ?We are one another's angels?
              Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Mother's Day

Mags....it is a life time journey..... I remember a friend, that knew I was going to AA said to me...Hay you been going to AA for a long time, when will you be cured !?! Ha! What the normal person does'nt know........Keep up the fight everyone ! Here's a little chuckle for Mother's Day : When is Mother's Day..........9 months after Father's Night ! ...Ha! Sorry lady's LOL IAD.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Mother's Day

IAD - you always make me laugh.

Thanks buddy.
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Mother's Day

Peonies...

Mags - love the ant on the peony!! May the ants do there work...opening buds and may we open, as well!

Comment

Working...
                    X