Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Love this

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Love reading this post,says it all really.

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Bump - thanks Mario!
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Bump

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

thanks Mario....really makes you think
            and the book Hippy posted is terrifying
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

:hxo:l

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

hippie37;672751 wrote: Very Powerful Mario Thanks for sharing it. I was so intrigued by this I had to google it and read more. Came across this book.

I Am Your Disease: The Many Faces of ... - Google Books

Overview:
                "Mom, nobody wakes up one day and decides to be an addict." The stories contained in this book are about people from every walk of life, socioeconomic levels, religious and ethnic backgrounds whose lives were intertwined with people who didn't "decide to be an addict." They all share one common bond - living with, and loving an addicted person. Contained within the pages of this book are stories by bereaved parents who have suffered the ultimate loss: The loss of their precious child. Read how addiction, whether it be drugs, alcohol or gambling, destroys not only the addicted person, but their entire circle of friends and family. No one escapes the tentacles of addiction. Like an octopus it reaches its deadly arms around us and squeezes the very life out of all of us. Our society is affected in ways we never imagined. Read excerpts from middle school students on the peer pressures they face today. Read the stories of parents who have gone through hell, sacrificing their very sanity trying to save their child. The profiles of these children will change your mind about what kind of people do drugs. GOOD KIDS DO DRUGS TOO!

There is a great little story written just after the 'forward' written from the perspective of the disease of addiction talking to you about itself. I found it very powerful. It actually had me quite angry in parts when it talked of family; and kids especially. Got the old fighting spirit motivated again I can tell ya! Been procrastinating over my step 9 recently but this has really motivated me this evening reading the excerpts from this book. Thanks again Mario for posting.

Peace and Love
                Phil
                xx

Hi Phil,

Wonderful, stiff words,provocative tale !! Thank you for finding it and putting down here .
                You guys are too wonderful!
                Dix
                A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

mario;672280 wrote: I hate meetings, I hate higher power. I hate anyone who has a programme.
                  To all who come in contact with me, I wish death and suffering.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the disease of alcoholism, cunning, baffling, and powerful.

Ive killed millions, and i'm pleased. I love to catch you out with the element of surprise.
                  I love pretending i'm your friend and lover. I have given you comfort, have I not ?

Wasn't I there when you were lonely ? when you wanted to die, didn't you call me ? I love to make you hurt - I make you so numb you can neither hurt nor cry.you can't feel anything at all.
                  I will give you instant gratification, and all will ask of you is long-term suffering.

I've been there for you always, when things were going right in your life, you invited me. You said you didn't deserve these good things, and I was the only one who would agree with you.

Together we were able to destroy all good things in your life.

People don't take me seriously. they take strokes, heart attacks, and diabetes seriously. fools that they are, they don't know that without my help these things would not be possible.

I'm such a hated disease, and yet I don't come uninvited. You choose to have me.

So many have chosen me over reality and peace.
                  more than you hate me; I hate all of you who have a 12 step programme. your programme, your meetings, your support,s , your communitties - all weaken me and I can't function in the manner I am accustomed to.

Now must lie here quietly. you don't see me, but I am growing bigger then ever. when you only exist, I may live. when you live I only exist.
                  but I am here ... and until we meet again, if we ever meet again,
                  I wish you death and suffering.
                  Mario,

You are lovely and your words here too !!!
                  I put a brick up on my sobriety ..Wow !
                  Dix:yay:

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Sunnyvalenting;980701 wrote: Interesting thread,
                    I now consider myself a long term abstainer. I am at 9 months today.
                    I am your disease is an interesting way to phrase it.
                    I believe this is a disease of a normal brain!
                    Our brains have adapted for survival and to do so we have centers of delight and passion. For food, procreation, protection, etc.
                    Unfortunately there are now substances in our environment (addictive drugs and alcohol) which seem to be able to usurp these same pathways toward more and more use of that substance in spite of the harm it does to ourselves and others. It is not a "devil" out there it is the "devil" inside! Sort of like a virus that uses our own cells to make us sick and make more of itself to make us sicker!
                    The "cure" is abstinence which is hard at first but gets easier. It seems to be my true nature now and I feel so free of this disease. I know, however, that just one drink would diminish my judgment and risk all that I have accomplished. So I say: go for abstinence all the way and get (or stay) out of jail free!
                    Good luck to all
                    Dear,

I catch the red line up in my mind .Thanks,
                    Dix

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Cinders;1086565 wrote: Thank you, Mario. Our disease wants to call us. Recovery wants to save us.

This is the follow on. I want to wrap myself in the love.

Cindi
                      Me too Cindi !! Thanks
                      Dix

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Thanks Mario starting this post !!.enjoyed reading out .
                        Lovely.
                        Dix

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

I love this. It's the first time my disease has been honest with me about what it's up too

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Thanks Mario!
                            Even EXTRA thanks Cindi!
                            The truth is what saves us!

Bicyclesurfer

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Bump.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Love reading this.

Comment

Working...
                                X