What was your rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Havent hit any lows in a long time, But i keep reading this thread and others to keep me on the straight road.

Comment

clare;1084968 wrote: Havent hit any lows in a long time, But i keep reading this thread and others to keep me on the straight road.
      Stll going strong.

Comment

:bump::agreed::fingers:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I just read this entire thread for the first time - and it hit me just how little I seem toc are about whats going to happen to me. I had what should ahve been a rock bottom 3 years ago when i woke up in a hospital bed with no clue how I got there, a drip in my arm, my mum telling me to stay sat down or they'd make us pay for a taxi to get me home. I was so ashamed, I'd wet myself, I'd done disgusting things, tried banging my head against the rail on the side of the bed. I was a mess - and then that incident made the man I loved realise he loved me - and I kept right on dirnking because I'd somehow managed to gain the most important thing in the world by nearly losing my life. I ahve nearly lost my fiance time and time again, I have made a fool of myself, ruined parties, passed out drooling on the bedroom floor... how far must I go before I stop and say enough? how logn before the voice in my head falls silent?
          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

InChains,

Your name seems to reflect how you are living and feeling. Do you like to read? Please try reading "The Power" by Rhonda Byrne.
            Your life doesn't have to be "in chains". It sounds like you have a wonderful fiance, and that he alone would be worth making small sacrifices for. But more important, do it for yourself. You still have a lot of living to do and a lot of happy times to share.
            It wold be great to change your name to "free bird".
            THOUGHTS become THINGS
            choose the GOOD
            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

My rock bottom was when I thought I was going to die. I had bad stomach pain and I thought it had to be from my drinking. I hid the pain for weeks. I couldn't hold it back anymore. It was a day from hell. We had 6 or 7 men in our house redoing all of our floors (new carpet and hardwoods). All but one was Hispanic. I only say that because I had to find the foreman to tell the ones in front of the bathroom door to get away from it so I could go in and throw up.

My hands started tingleing after throwing up several times during that day. I thought I was having a heart attack. My sister had to come and take me to the ER because my husband couldn't leave the men in our home alone. He did come once they left.

Several ER visits later, test etc I found out that I has Gastroparesis. (Slow to empty stomach). It is caused when I eat things high in fiber and/or greasy they stay so long in my stomach that I get bezors. The way bezors were explained to me is like a hair ball in a cat. Anyway I do not know how I got this. Most people that have this have diabetes or have had sometype of surgery and have scar tissue. Neither is the case for me. Drinking may have been the cause, I don't know, but it scared me enough to make me rethink my drinking.

After having lots of going back and forth from drinking to not drinking before this, I finally quit.

It's almost 2 years now and I can't see me going back to drinking. My sweet dog died almost a year ago and it didn't even make me want to drink. Yet I know, I am one drink away from starting all over again so I pray I never do.
              AKA: April Moon
              AF since September 24, 2009

Comment

Well done starN,and thanks for sharing your rock bottom story.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Yeah,
                  I'm another one who's decided to stop before reaching rock bottom.
                  It's just been a quiet but 'felt' realisation that I'm fooling myself thinking I can control the amount I consume. If I go back on the wine today I wouln't drink a bottle or more but within 2/3 months I'd be doing it almost every night. It's really hit me hard recently that abusing alcohol is just another way of killing yourself and I guess I'm just not that relf destructivre at the end of the day. I love life and I want to live it to the full -without drugs!
                  T
                  AF since 11 July 2011
                  You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

Just hit mine - wine night at my sister's house last night and I ended up staying over cos i was too drunk to get a taxi, didn't let my husband know so god knows what he thought had happened to me (he isn't speaking to me) and I pulled a wardrobe over trying to find a way out of the spare room and then peed on the carpet when I couldn't find the door, i am beyond ashamed and disgusted with myself and if I ever touch a drop of alcohol again may the god i don't believe in strike me down :upset:
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

If that is your rock bottom mauri don't feel so bad, I used to hit that rock bottom a couple of times a month, I guess I felt I needed to dig a little deeper! I can't count the amount of times I have peed where I shouldn't have.

My rock bottom might not seem bad to some, but it was during my last detox and realizing I could never be able to control my drinking if I kept drinking.

I would also like to help you mauri by changing your little saying,

If at first you don't succeed, take daily action until you do....there is no such thing as trying to be sober.Have a great day and remember you can make it happen by taking action today!

Comment

Thanks

Supercrew;1189788 wrote: If that is your rock bottom mauri don't feel so bad, I used to hit that rock bottom a couple of times a month, I guess I felt I needed to dig a little deeper! I can't count the amount of times I have peed where I shouldn't have.

My rock bottom might not seem bad to some, but it was during my last detox and realizing I could never be able to control my drinking if I kept drinking.

I would also like to help you mauri by changing your little saying,

If at first you don't succeed, take daily action until you do....there is no such thing as trying to be sober.
                        Have a great day and remember you can make it happen by taking action today!
                        Taking it ODAT

Comment

StarN;1152093 wrote: My rock bottom was when I thought I was going to die. I had bad stomach pain and I thought it had to be from my drinking. I hid the pain for weeks. I couldn't hold it back anymore. It was a day from hell. We had 6 or 7 men in our house redoing all of our floors (new carpet and hardwoods). All but one was Hispanic. I only say that because I had to find the foreman to tell the ones in front of the bathroom door to get away from it so I could go in and throw up.

My hands started tingleing after throwing up several times during that day. I thought I was having a heart attack. My sister had to come and take me to the ER because my husband couldn't leave the men in our home alone. He did come once they left.

Several ER visits later, test etc I found out that I has Gastroparesis. (Slow to empty stomach). It is caused when I eat things high in fiber and/or greasy they stay so long in my stomach that I get bezors. The way bezors were explained to me is like a hair ball in a cat. Anyway I do not know how I got this. Most people that have this have diabetes or have had sometype of surgery and have scar tissue. Neither is the case for me. Drinking may have been the cause, I don't know, but it scared me enough to make me rethink my drinking.

After having lots of going back and forth from drinking to not drinking before this, I finally quit.

It's almost 2 years now and I can't see me going back to drinking. My sweet dog died almost a year ago and it didn't even make me want to drink. Yet I know, I am one drink away from starting all over again so I pray I never do.
                          WOW, I LOVE that line! Thanks for the reminder
                          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1070900 wrote:
                            I just woke up one morning and could not think of a single thing that I wanted to do, not a person that I wanted to see, no place that I wanted to go nor any experience that I wanted to have. Nothing. Empty.
                            I could have written this myself.. and i am tired of feeling that way so very very tired. I want my life back
                            caper
                            AF since Sept 2013...
                            :alf:

Comment

I have had a few rock bottoms but the most devastating was my daughter witnessing my stupor. I don't remember it but she mentioned it in her own way. Deeply regretful I vow to not drink again. I do not want to be known as a drunk mom. So ashamed.
                              'You might not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you!' - Walt Disney

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

Comment

Many rock bottoms

I have hit many rock bottoms, 1 dui 10 years ago, landing in the emergency room with
                                colon hemmorage 3 years ago. Fainting from dehydration and exshustion from drinking one year ago. And crashing my car into a parking sign and fence three days ago. I have tried everything but am now day 3 AF and reading the Vale book. The time is now, I am stopping.
                                I have two small children and a very loving but embarrased husband. We have also told my Inlaws, I feel the more that know, the more I have to prove I can do this and have their support.

Comment

Working...
                                X