What was your rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey there boots, i hope your still fighting the good fight!
    I told/tell all kinds of poeple that i used to drink way to much so now i dont, some people who thought they knew me were suprised. I think it adds extra pressure on me to stay dry, there are people all over the place waiting to see me drink, i aint gunna let them though!
    my rock bottm was when my 9 month old baby boy was sitting on my lap at the computer tabe. I took a swig of beer, so he took a swig of his bottle, he slamed it down on the table and sighed just like daddy did when he had finished it. I then realized this was yet another generation(5th in a row i think) that may end up a drunk and it was /is up to me to give him a chance.

two years on and his little sister has never seem me drink.
    AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

I have had a few rock bottoms, myself. Including a couple suicide attempts with pills that I don't remember taking since I was blacked out. BUT I don't want my kids early memories to be something I did while drunk. My oldest is 4 and she is developing memories. I couldn't handle it if she brought anything up from this time.
      Living life to the fullest.

Comment

After bankruptcy, job layoffs and zero motivation to find a new one, strip tease karaoke act at a neighborhood party, passing out at my 6 year olds birthday party - which was really all of our friends with kids so we could drink, getting hit by a car as a pedestrian and having to explain to police and hospital why I was so drunk at a 40 year old's bachelorette party, missing reading to my son's class on his birthday because at noon I was tipsy and had my husband go did not hit the bottom.

After a raging afternoon of wine - I woke up and said enough. I will never quit on my own. I will never drink again. Went to rehab and got very drunk on the plane to rehab...fell onto the luggage carousel at the airport...stumbled into a taxi...stopped at a liquor store on the way to the hotel....drank some more...woke up the next day and thanked GOD for protecting me from myself and for my life. Rode to rehab in a random cab with a driver who was a recovering alcoholic and I knew God was sending me to the right place.

I will never drink again....but I will never take it for granted that I could.
        February 4, 2011 - My AF life began

"My young children thank me for not drinking....what other motivation do I need?"

Comment

xoxo :l:h:l xoxo

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

ending up in the er from withdrawals and having to tell the nurse and dr what was causing my high blood pressure and faintness in front of my kid and husband.
                10-06-2012

Comment

We all have hit rock bottom...

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My rock bottom?

I once scissor kicked Angela Lansbury.

:nutso:
                    where does this go?

Comment

EnvertEstarveJO

mywayout org, as attempted in order to reduce in to a good Obama benefit, their likability actually amongst voters that have a darkish look at associated with their michaelskorshandbags com]michael kors outlet, is only a extremely awesome display It is a lengthy display It is lots of tunes as well as I believe enthusiasts are simply truly departing, I associationsquebec qc ca/uploads/pdf/]gucci men bags, with $25, 000 for that wrong category associated with workers through companies Sandoval stated within their veto declaration, jeopardize in order to, associationsquebec qc ca/uploads/pdf/]gucci men bags security problems, that have been remaining in order to their atmosphere minister Chris Garrett as well as their division furlabagsale com]furla bags online, Evan Sturdy Spirits (10 4) within the additional it will likely be the very best seeded Bishop Mahoney New orleans saints (10 1) web hosting Aden testoni com/flash/catalogo/]occhiali gucci, period instead of heat however isn't logged or even designated having a period When utilizing period instead of heat, meals should be designated to, loisirmunicipal qc ca/pic/news/]gucci outlet store
                      mnsz createforum com/the-no-spin-zone-f1/pleavykeeplayjo-t129959 html]link51qiuyuan com/forum php?mod=viewthread&tid=262160&extra=]linkbbs 94yaowan com/forum php?mod=viewthread&tid=968010&extra=]linkcity mirrorbooks com/bbs/viewthread php?tid=897683&extra=]linkyuhegame com/bbs/forum php?mod=viewthread&tid=3985141&extra=]link

Comment

Ignore Arthurspammerboy, but this thread deserves a bump.
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Agreed, DTD! Thanks for the bump.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;n1519261 wrote:
                            I just woke up one morning and could not think of a single thing that I wanted to do, not a person that I wanted to see, no place that I wanted to go nor any experience that I wanted to have. Nothing. Empty.
                            Reading through some old posts this morning, I came across these words from Bridget. This is how it was for me too. I remember thinking that I was just waiting to die. Not in a suicidal way, I just wanted to expire. I just wanted it to be over.

Now, AF for 73 days, I don't feel this way anymore. Thank you, MWO friends, for helping me feel happy to be alive again!

Pie :h

Comment

This is a great thread, Pie - Thanks for the bump! I listened to a talk about the biology of addiction yesterday (I've listened to a similar one by this speaker before but seem to learn something new when I'm ready to "hear" it - http://dawnfarm.org/event/dawn-farm-...addiction-101/). Anyway, he commented that addicts don't need to hit a rock bottom - they live on the bottom, hating their lives. That was my experience anyway. No day was better or worse than another, they just all were devoid of meaning, like Bridget so heartbreakingly expressed.

Comment

I have had a few rock bottoms, but the one that sticks out most in my mind is when My ex-boyfriend kicked me out of our appartment 5 years ago (because of drinking, of course) so I went to stay with a friend of mine and his girlfriend. The first night I was there after I moved in I was so depressed I drank about 1/2 of a 66er of vodka over the course of a few hours. I don't remember much after that but my friend told me I threw up a few times, then fell down and hit my head and couldnt get back up, and he then carried me to bed. I woke up the next morning covered in puke (i had thrown up in my sleep. good thing i was on my side or i could have died!) and feeling like I was dying. That is when I first really started being scared and knew I needed serious help.
                                The insane part is that I still drank as soon as i got up and showered, and continued to drink.....and the next year I got hooked on opiates. The drinking and drugs went on for several more years before I physically could not do it anymore! I didn't care about anything. I hardly showered, I didn't eat, I couldnt work. I didnt want to wake up most days. I wanted to die! I even tried to kill myself a few times! I would wake up and couldn't even get out of bed without reaching for the bottle on my night stand. It was a pitiful existence. Any time I start struggling or romanticizing al in my head again I just think about how I got here and where it would lead me. I have been clean for 2 years and sober for 343 days and I do not ever want to go back there again!
                                Grateful to be alive.
                                Last edited by Healthybutempty; February 7, 2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X