Long time without a drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is weird to be back on here ... but good too.
    I kept meaning to come back and post about being sober for a longer time when I got to 3 years ... that just passed on 29th April this year. Sooo I guess I must be 3years and 1 month. I don't even keep track of the months anymore. Just the once a year I add my year on and smile. Things are different for me now, some good, some bad. That's life. Shit still happens, just that I don't reach for the bottle any more .....

I suppose I don't tend to think about drinking or staying sober so much, and coming here made me think about alcohol every time I did.
    I even neglect my blog because of not thinking about alcohol ..... strange but true. I just don't think about it any more like I once did.

I won't come and say how spiritual I feel or how much I have grown ... I just don't think in that way.

I am coming to say don't give up giving up. Keep trying and you will succeed, I did.

(And yes I am still the bolshy, outspoken .tell you as it is Heavenly !!!:H )
    ?We are one another's angels?
    Sober since 29/04/2007

Heavenly/Diamond,

What a nice thing to post. This kind of thing gives those of us still in the throes of this addiction hope.

I hope Life Still Happens (my take on shit happens) means really good things for you forward.

You have been an inspiration and now, today, because of this post, still are.

Thank you.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

It is wonderful to see such tremendous will and success. I wish you continued happiness and sobriety!
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Wow be as outspoken as you like posting this has given me so much inspiration thank you x
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Heavenly, thank you for your post, and congratulations on the three years.

You sent encouraging thoughts and that makes me feel hopeful.

Best to you.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Great stuff Heavenly! Nice to see you. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hi heavenly, nice to see you & congratulations on 3 years +.hope you are keeping well.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Heavenly - thank you for your post. I love reading posts from people who have come as far as you have. Please check in again every once and a while to remind us that it is possible to get permanently free from AL. Peace.
                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hi Heavenly! Huge congrats on your 3 Years Living Sober!! Well, done my friend!

I understand exactly what you are talking about in regards to not thinking too much about drinking or not drinking. That comes with time....at some point, not drinking is just how we live. Thinking about alcohol is not foremost in our mind! The ups and downs of life, are just that and we deal with them.

Great seeing you!

xox Kate
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Thank you Heavenly, I understand that you have moved on and don't need to dwell on alcohol and stuff, but to people like me it is fantastic to hear of a true success story
                    Well done
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Just remembered my post !!!

Thanks all and good luck to you all of you still in the throes of actually giving up and continued success to those who are maintaining sobriety .....

Kate I must mail you (apart from the funnies I send you !!!) ... you know how it is .... :l

Tlrgs reminded me to come back today so blame him for me coming and being outspoken .... :h

I will come back and check up on you and make sure you are all staying sober (if not abstaining ... at least sober !!!)

Heavenly Diamond - thanks Cindi it has a nice ring to it ...... :goodjob:
                      ?We are one another's angels?
                      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Heavenly.........I've been shut out of my Face Book site....Trying to work it out. Glad to hear from you ! IAD.
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Glad to read your post that you are still sober and that life is going on for you! Sorry to hear that shit still happens though. Was hoping you would say otherwise! Congrats on 3-years!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Great news. I can relate to some of what you say. I am at the 7 month stage, at first I came here every day and needed to. After a while I came most days out of a sense of duty. Then I came to feel it was gloomy to dwell on drink issues that seemed to be in the past. I did not come by for about 3 months. In recent weeks the nice weather has has me thinking about drink again. I was always a park bench type alchi. So I am back to be reminded of how we are only ever a drink away from day 1. It is great you are strong but don't resist coming back if you need to.
                            I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

TsHope here just stopping in to say hello. I am now almost 8 months AF! Feeling good and since making it over thay 3 month hump,I have had no urges. Have had a silly thought fly through my head but it is in and out.
                              I might come in on Monday evening and post a catch up since my last visit here. Great place and loads of freedom and variety.
                              Hang in and be brave. X
                              TsHope. X
                              OK, I am starting all over. sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X