Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geez! I'm actually doing this sober thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting's all,

Don't know why, and seemingly for no apparent reason, i've just had this beautiful thought, or reflection.
    I'm actually living a sober life. I'm finally doing this. Feck! Best thing is, i'm really enjoying it, mostly. Still get a bit 'wobbly' now and then, with thought's of the old lifestyle, but i know this is normal, and it's okay. I'm actually happy, and wow, anything is possible. I'm still not saying i'll never drink again, (and definately not for me right now) but i'm not interested now, or in the near future, as i'm more interested in seeing what i can do in life. I am enjoying life so much without alcohol though, that i suspect i'll just keep going, and going. And no, i'm not intending to drink tomorrow, or in the near future, and as i say, probably never again, but cause there is that little door still open, i know i need to be vigilant, but i'm not worried. These little thought's will probably disappear completely in my 3rd af year, as the af benefit's really speak to my befuddled, still slightly in shock at being af mind. :H
    Having said that, i feel strong, relaxed, committed, and full of possibility, and absolutely loving where my life is taking me now.
    I gotta say, This is a very interesting journey!
    Stay positive folk's. Anything is possible, and love the one you're with!

Thank's for allowing me to waffle on........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

me too! I am continually thrilled with that feeling of realization that sober is my lovely, comfortable, natural state of being!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thank you G and Greenie,

I'm so glad you guys are my cyber-friends. I learn so much from you.

Comment

Mr. G. I am so happy that you have recognized in yourself what so many of us clearly see. You exude joy and happiness in your correspondence with the other members of this community. Your fun loving nature is not lost on many. The dedication you exemplify toward your sobriety is evident. However it is your selfless caring about the sobriety of others that resonates the most. Thank you much for being you as I feel myself a better person for knowing you. Peace.

The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours. Ayn Rand
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

You ARE DA man G... its great!

Comment

Nice one Mr!!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

What a lovely post
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks G...very sweet and inspirational
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Guitarista~

I know why and for reasons apparent I am having this beautiful thought~

Your reflection offers many- strength, comfort and a renewal of possiblities that await to fullfill.

Waffle away for your words are an anti-beffudlement antidote.

Appreciate you so.
                  :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

:yougo::yougo::yougo:

Your post sure made me smile!

Sober living rocks.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

ahhh yes... I know so well that feeling. ...it's like, for no apparent reason, having a feeling of ultimate gratitude wash over you. We experience the pure joy of being alive... being the person we were meant to be. A calmness comes over us, and although there may be chaotic events happening in our life at the moment, we are able to see the big picture & embrace the miracle, the precious gift that life really is.
                      This is the door that my sobriety has opened up for me.
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Yep, and through this befuddlement, i now see the light!
                        Sober living 24/7 strips away the bulldust, and there we are, raw, naked, real. Overwhelming for me at first, but now, having put in some solid af time, the fog truly lift's, and magic is there at ya finger tip's. This sober lark can take a while to stick, so being patient and quietly chugging along at my own pace has been the way for me.

Oh, Hallelujah! he sing's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Guitarista
                          Thanks for sharing. I love the positive thoughts. It reminds me as well of how lucky and happy I am to be AF after so many wasted days, weeks, months, and years. Hallelujah...I am so grateful.
                          Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Guitarista;888214 wrote: Greeting's all,

Don't know why, and seemingly for no apparent reason, i've just had this beautiful thought, or reflection.
                            I'm actually living a sober life. I'm finally doing this. Feck! Best thing is, i'm really enjoying it, mostly. Still get a bit 'wobbly' now and then, with thought's of the old lifestyle, but i know this is normal, and it's okay. I'm actually happy, and wow, anything is possible. I'm still not saying i'll never drink again, (and definately not for me right now) but i'm not interested now, or in the near future, as i'm more interested in seeing what i can do in life. I am enjoying life so much without alcohol though, that i suspect i'll just keep going, and going. And no, i'm not intending to drink tomorrow, or in the near future, and as i say, probably never again, but cause there is that little door still open, i know i need to be vigilant, but i'm not worried. These little thought's will probably disappear completely in my 3rd af year, as the af benefit's really speak to my befuddled, still slightly in shock at being af mind. :H
                            Having said that, i feel strong, relaxed, committed, and full of possibility, and absolutely loving where my life is taking me now.
                            I gotta say, This is a very interesting journey!
                            Stay positive folk's. Anything is possible, and love the one you're with!

Thank's for allowing me to waffle on........
                            lovely post mr g, well done

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Rock on Guitarista,

The journey is difficult at first but so worth it. To live life on life's terms and to be fully present 24/7 is the best!

M3
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!
                              :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X