X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When?

Hello to all your old-timers!

When may I start posting here?

Tomorrow I reach my 40 days, and I am confident that the worst is over... Attended quite a few parties, going to restaurants (convincing them to stock up their bar with AF drinks, and I don't mean sodas!), and I am still the "barlady" at home... Temptation has been very kind to me, and urges surfaced only on dy 31, 32 and 33...

So, if I knew how much fun sobriety is, I would have done it looooong ago!

Take care all, much appreciation to MWO!

Filled with gratitude... xxx

Love from a very humble Solitaire

When?

Good for you Sol, it feels good doesn't it???

It is great to hear you sounding so good!

KEEP IT UP!!!!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

When?

Solitaire;911482 wrote:
      Couldn't you just kick yourself when it finally dawns on you that this sober lark is just great.

Keep it that feeling going,Sol.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

When?

Solitaire;911482 wrote: Hello to all your old-timers!

When may I start posting here?

Tomorrow I reach my 40 days, and I am confident that the worst is over... Attended quite a few parties, going to restaurants (convincing them to stock up their bar with AF drinks, and I don't mean sodas!), and I am still the "barlady" at home... Temptation has been very kind to me, and urges surfaced only on dy 31, 32 and 33...

Take care all, much appreciation to MWO!

Filled with gratitude... xxx

Love from a very humble Solitaire
        Hi solitare well done on 40 days, thats great,
        its great when you get to the stage that you just know yourself that you wont or need to drink again, for me its like this
        1st cant drink
        2nd wont drink
        3rd dont need to drink

It would be great if you started posting here as i find not enough long term abstainers do, hope to hear from you soon and dont quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

When?

Congratulation's Sol! Post away anytime!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

When?

Congratulations on 40 days, Sol! I too wish this area was more active - but I guess we all just need to post here. I think any of the ABs sections are just good positive places to hang out. See ya around!
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

When?

Sol, firstly, congratulations on your 40 days. Well done.

Secondly. I believe I have recovered (through a 12 step program) from the hopeless state of mind that I was in. It wasn't easy, but I do feel I'm in a place of complete neutrality today regarding my drinking. Just because I'm recovered though does not make me any wiser or better than anyone here who may have a shorter length of sobriety. Hence why I prefer to just post in General Discussion. I've always felt it quite egotistical of me to want to post in this section anyway! That's just my experience. Do whatever feels right for you.

Also when I come onto MWO the first thing I do is click on 'New Posts' on the horizontal blue bar at the top. It brings up all new posts in whatever section so I see most of the new posts anyway since my last visit.

Many Blessings
              Phil
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

When?

Hi all,

I click on 'new post's' too Phil when i log on. I remember one time there was a poster in some distress, and talking about moderation. I replied with my thought's on the danger's of thinking moderation in certain scenario's.
                I got myself in a bit of hot water, as i didn't realise i was posting in the 'moderation section'! :H (with respect to my friend's in mod's)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

When?

Mr G - I have never used "new posts" before and just did after Hippie mentioned it so I see what you mean, i just ended up in the mods section too! :H
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

When?

Don't take that as a sign Greg/Chill and let your heads do the talking for you:teeter:

You can't mod with just one post either of you. Before you know it there will be outright anarchy:bat in the mods section because you can't stop posting. You'll only have to face the consequences in the morning if you do; and no doubt find out you've posted in the "What We Believe":wings: section too with a post entitled "I believe in fairies" or "I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky". It's a slippery slope my friends. :nutso:
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

When?

hippie37;912288 wrote: Don't take that as a sign Greg/Chill and let your heads do the talking for you:teeter:

You can't mod with just one post either of you. Before you know it there will be outright anarchy:bat in the mods section because you can't stop posting. You'll only have to face the consequences in the morning if you do; and no doubt find out you've posted in the "What We Believe":wings: section too with a post entitled "I believe in fairies" or "I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky". It's a slippery slope my friends. :nutso:
                      Well, i woke up this morning, clicked on 'new post's' and now find myself on an exotic cruise ship somewhere, applying suntan lotion to Chillgirl! I'm not complaining....:H

Comment

When?

I've just clicked on "quick links" and my computer started dispensing pez from the CD drive. Bleeding weird this site innit? :H

Comment

When?

Whatever you do, don't click on "My Story". I entered a holographic 3D world where I had the experience of re-living my life for the past 40 years over and over again. I think Codemonkey is some ethernet shaman existing in the realms of time and space beyond this www.reality. I shall be making complaints to the moderators ASAP about this site!! Then again, I had forgotten about that skinny dipping experience in Wales with some rather lovely people back in the mid 90's!!! Mmmm. I may hold back a while!!

Comment

When?

I think its good to be able to go to certain areas, like Long term abstainers or any other section that you like,
                            There have been some really great posts posted in the general section only to be washed away with an avalance of newer posts, and thus an awful lot of people dont see them, also its nice to know that there are people here who are long term free of alcohol and there goal is to stay that way, it can give the newbies some hope.imo, :-) it did me.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

When?

Hippie you're scaring me! It sounds like groundhog day :H
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X