BLAMING OTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLAMING OTHERS

Many of us believe that all our problems are someone else,s fault. If others were
    more understanding, less critical, easier to love, we,ed be happier, we think.
    Buts thats not true, and were lucky its not. If our happiness were tied to others whims,
    We,d be happy far less often.
    To have more happiness & security in our lives we may have to change how we act,Thats
    not always easy. Old behaviors are like old shoes, comfortable, they fit. But when happiness eludes us too often, we must look to ourselves for the remedy.The changes we may need to make wont be comfortable at first, they may pinch the ego like a tight shoe pinches the toe,s, But by coming here and sharing what your thoughts & feelings are will help make the transition possible, What once pinched will feel comfortable in time.
    My happiness is up to me

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

BLAMING OTHERS

Wow, Mario, what a great post.....

So true, I do depend on others for my own happiness and I get so hurt when people let me down or treat me badly...I very rarely turn to myself to create my own happiness.

Phil used a quote the other day that really resonated with me "what others think of me is none of my business".

I need to stop worrying about others and their perception of me and stop trying so hard to be liked and getting so upset when people just simply decide that they don't like me.

I think I need to start liking myself more and then, when I master that, I reckon I won't care what others think of me..I am who I am and the people who matter don't mind and the ones who mind don't matter.....

Thanks for this Mario, I am the creator of my own happiness and I am gonna start working on this from today with gusto...

I think I have been so busy saying and doing things to please others and make them haoppy, I have forgotton about myself.

I needed this today so thanks so much for the apt post hon..you bleedin ROCK! xx
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

HAPPINESS

Happiness is not to be found with many efforts or will, but is here, nearby, in your relaxing and surrendering.
      Don't worry, there is nothing to be done.
      Everything that comes up to your mind has no importance because it has no reality.
      Don't conceive any attachment for it.
      Don't judge yourself.
      Let it be.
      Let it come up and down without changing a thing.
      It all vanishes and begins again, endlessly.
      Nothing but the quest for happiness prevents us from seeing it.
      It is like a rainbow that one is always chasing without ever reaching it.
      It is because it has no existence.
      It has always been here and goes with you all the time.
      Don't believe in the reality of experiences, good or bad.
      They are like rainbows.
      Because we want to grasp what is not to be grasped,
      We exhaust our strength in vain.
      As soon as we relinquish our hold, space is here, open, welcoming & comfortable.
      So, do enjoy it.
      Everything is yours already.
      Stop searching.
      Don't go into the jungle to look for the elephant that is quietly waiting for you at home.
      There is nothing to do.
      There is nothing to force.
      There is nothing to desire.
      And all comes by itself.

by Lama Gendun Rimpoche

I love that line I highlighted in bold!!

This was a message from Buddha Bless that I read on Saturday.

Many Blessings
      Phil
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Phil used a quote the other day that really resonated with me "what others think of me is none of my business".

I can't take credit for that one Oney. It was chill who posted that!
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Ilove this Phil,

Thank you so much......I am gonna write out that line and put it over my pc.

Funny how when you need something...throw it out there to the universe and something will come to you...just like the posts from you and Mario.

Thanks guys xx

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

hippie37;915370 wrote: Phil used a quote the other day that really resonated with me "what others think of me is none of my business".

I can't take credit for that one Oney. It was chill who posted that!
            Well from the Chilly and Philly show....:H

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

one2many;915374 wrote: Well from the Chilly and Philly show....:H
              :H We're on the spiritual airwaves 24 hours a day! tune in via your own conscious mind!!

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Hi phil & chill I try to tune in all the time ,but sometimes the frequency is a bit bad, :-)

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Hey Clare, keep twiddling that dial!
                  That interference you hear is your egoic mind, adjust the volume and turn it down then get quiet and you should be able tap in to your inner wisdom
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Will do chill thank you, love your posts your a great insperation for people to read and you have really come a long way,(i am a serial lurker)

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

one2many;915351 wrote: Wow, Mario, what a great post.....

So true, I do depend on others for my own happiness and I get so hurt when people let me down or treat me badly...I very rarely turn to myself to create my own happiness.

I need to stop worrying about others and their perception of me and stop trying so hard to be liked and getting so upset when people just simply decide that they don't like me.

I think I need to start liking myself more and then, when I master that, I reckon I won't care what others think of me..I am who I am and the people who matter don't mind and the ones who mind don't matter.....

Thanks for this Mario, I am the creator of my own happiness and I am gonna start working on this from today with gusto...

I think I have been so busy saying and doing things to please others and make them haoppy, I have forgotton about myself.

I needed this today so thanks so much for the apt post hon..you bleedin ROCK! xx
                      Blimey I think you are me Oney :H In describing yourself so well you have fully described me too.

Getting sober has really helped me to face these parts of my personality that I want to change and take action about them instead of hiding from them and thinking 'oh well, that's just me'. People pleasing all my life has got me nothing - creating scenarios in my head of what people must think of me, escalating small thoughts into unmanageable fears about people and situations....just crazy although I know I'm not alone.

I'm really starting to like me again. Just a couple more tweaks (getting back to work after 6 years at home raising children - getting driving again as haven't in so long) and I'll be well on my way to being a proper....(dare I say it......Happy person!)

Thanks too Mario and Phil and Chill for all your continued wisdom and insight that you so readily share here :thanks: :l I know I wouldn't be where I am today without MWO.
                      AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                      One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Why Blame others......make yourself accountable ! .....True Happiness. is when you make someone else happy ! IAD

"Make one person happy each day and in forty years you will have
                        made 14,600 human beings happy for a little time at least."
                        - Charles Wiley
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Thats a good read sheri and so important to remember,

if we want to be happy, lets be happy no excuses. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Sheri, it all sounds too simple but when I read that exerpt, yes it can be that simple wow! Am goin to have a happy day:thanks:
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

BLAMING OTHERS

Thanks Sheri!

I have my Worzel Gummidge happy head on today!

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X