Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One revolution around the Sun

Hey Kate:

I just have to get down to Oz, and see that Southern Cross and constellations some day. The ones never seen from the northern hemisphere!

Lisa: I sticking around, because I'm gonna build me an anti-drinking battle tank!! Drawing up the plans, and doing my research even today.

Brigid: You came back!! Another full year compadre!! Sober is, as sober does is the mantra.

After CSI, I'm hitting the brain wave machine, and going into the "zone". Had a great exercise session today, and my brain is aching for a deep vacation from my day at the workplace. No time to let up now!!
    No laurels to rest on. Sober is, as sober does.

Neil

Comment

Bravo Mike, That was AWESOME !!! What a Beautiful way of expressing Niels Journey !!
      Congratulations Niel, what an inspiration you are. Im New here and I make it a point to read your posts, You give me HOPE !!
      And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
      ~Anais Nin

Comment

thrilled for you!

You have to have such a feeling of accomplishment--and I am thrilled for you! You are living proof that we have the ability to turn our lives around!

Kim

Comment

Neil hi, hello, cute new puppy picture.

I didn't forget this huge milestone in your life and I want to tell you that you have made a such a good and postive impact in my life - THANK YOU! I've been thinking of you all week knowing today as Mike so beautifully said is "One year revolution around the Sun." WOW this gives me even more wilpower!

Pretend I have some beautiful fireworks and I'm going to set them off just for you!! I had the graphic but can't pop it in grrr...

I would have been here sooner myself but...
          I just finished off a 12 hour marthon tyring to pull rabbits out of my hat in figuring the next 6 months stinking budget for a project I'm working. They like to wait until Friday mornings right near a holiday to drop these bombs.

Have a great night my friend!!

Big hug,
          spacie

Comment

Mike that was simply amazing. Thank you and Congrats to you Neil. I am glad to be here and getting to know you.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday, to you.....puff, puff, sorry, I nearly missed your party, and I must admit, I haven't even bought you a present.....home computer in Chrstchurch...Me in internet cafe in Takapuna...just in time...

I have brought a party popper though....a giant shooting star.....see it start off, small, sparkling...have I seen it, yes, there it is, growing bigger and bigger, travelling across the sky, increasing speed.......IT EXPLODES!!!!!! Showering sparks and twinkling debris...spelling out a message across the sky

ONE YEAR ON....AND I'M STRONGER THAN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Neil......I think we all appreciate Mikes beautiful piece as fitting for summing up a wonderful, wonderful achievement, Many revolutions more......The Awedmelonhead

P.s that party popper was the very devil to find I can tell you

Comment

Hi there Surrender, Kim, Spacie, and you are definitely NP!

edit: hey Weemelonhead! I was writing while you had that party popper!

Today was a strange one. I did take a good long look at the rising sun this morning. Weather has been very warm for middle of December. Need to ask Al Gore over there in Nashville about that maybe. (I have a beef with Al. When he was VP, his limousine motorcade held me up at an intersection for over 15 minutes. I was trying to get home in a hurry, and all these motorcycle cops and Secret Service guys made me wait until all his black SUV's and limo's got past! Good grief. I paid part of his salary with my taxes you know!) :H :H :H

I want my 15 minutes back! :H

Anyway, enough of that. A lot of people were out today at work, on vacation or what not. A production worker on the manufacturing floor damaged some brand new equipment worth tens of thousand of dollars. We just got this equipment brand new this morning, and I bought it!! That workers supervisors were out, and some guys in quality came to my office holding some of the parts from the equipment. They were wanting somebody to do something about the guy. So I went around looking for mid-level supervisors to interrogate, and they were all out. So it was left to me to go out and discipline the poor guy myself.

Cutting a long story short, I was very calm and controlled about the situation. The guy saw me coming, and knew he was in bad trouble. I have not had to discipline a floor worker in years and years. I finally went back to the Human Resources Manager, and told them that he needed to be written up for his actions. It was agreed to wait until Monday when the workers regular supervisor would return to work. I have some words for him too.

The point is that a year ago, I would have blown up, and thrown a hissy fit I think. Being sober is about being in control of ones self. I have grown up a lot, disciplining myself. We all make mistakes. Sometimes we make expensive mistakes, so I was able to handle the situation with a little more compassion and empathy. The poor guy is probably going to have a terrible weekend, because he is a hard and dedicated worker. He just messed up. A young fellow in his early twenties. He saw old gray haired Neil coming, and knew his world was coming to an end. Poor guy. I recommended some re-training in some essential procedures, so he will not get too severe a punishment.

Yes, a year makes a big difference. For any one out there that may be thinking, "No way I could do that", please PLEASE, know that you can do it too. Little steps. If you fall down, and I have fallen many, many times, always seek that deep inner child that cries to be happy again. Let that little tyke tell you what you can do, and I just know you can make the longer walk yourself.

Feeling pretty mellow now, listening to Elton Johns "Rocket Man".

"and I think it's gonna be a long, long time
                till touchdown brings me round again to find
                I'm not the man they think I am at home
                I'm a rocket man."

Neil

Comment

Working...
                X