Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Christmas party hurdle...

Mike,

I just read your post - wow, it made soooooo much sense!!

I am just on day 3 of abstaining and my path is so grown over but I sure want to see that view!! Tonight being new years eve many will try and get me back in that trench, including my husband who will not understand my decision not to drink. He will say c'mon, it's new years eve, stop being antisocial, you are ruining the night etc, as he thinks I have no problem, or more to the point, would not want to admit I have a problem.

So I will think of that view and look forward to getting up clear headed tomorrow morning and going for my walk when others are dusty. And I also agree I do think something clicks and you just make a simple decision.

Lucky for me that click happened and I googled alcoholic and found this fantastic site where I recognised myslef in so many stories and knew I was not alone.

Thank you everyone,
    Louie

Comment

You are all sooo inspiring. LOVED reading here tonight. Loved reading the successes and the imagery of the path. Thanks to all. I feel blessed for having read your posts. Thank you!

Comment

Dear everyone,
        It is wonderful to read your brutally honest journeys, it has taken me a reeeeeaally long time to get some help. I feel as if I have been living underwater for many many years now and I just have to become connected to Planet Earth again or my brain is going to turn to mush. Is anything as wonderful as waking without your tongue feeling like a cocky's cage? Of opening your eyes and bursting into "oh what a beautiful morning?" with a song in your heart ? of driving your car and feeling totally present? not hazy and grumpy?
        I stumbled onto this site today and will be checking it daily to get the courage I need to just feel that 'click' and leave the evil twin behind.
        It does me no favours, and the relaxation and confidence it once gave me has turned in on itself as I now prefer drinking alone; the bottle is my 'boyfriend' and has never let me down!
        Time to dump him.
        Hey maybe if I dump him I'll find a real one!
        Thanks for the great inspiration.
        MM

Comment

Working...
        X