Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17th January

Good Morning,

Paul - fantatsic ! 3 weeks, I think you were the one I first remember reading and connecting with just after Christmas (seems sooo long ago now). I'm so pleased for you. Keep at it. And you can call me Peebles if you like!

Dilayne, I don't know you well ,but I read something you said once about keeping it simple and taking it slowly, looking afteryourself and not trying to to it all too soon.. it struck a chord and when I'm about to beat my self up I remember..Keep it Simple! Thanks

Well done everyone else. Take care in Absville.
    Pebbles

Comment

17th January

You've got how many days abs??????? WOW!!!!!!!!! Thats great!

I just love it here! I'm inspired by all of you. Keep up the good work.

:h Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

17th January

Congratulations Flip and dilayne!

And I would like to post 7 weeks AF. Just now starting to accept that this is possible.

Capto

Comment

17th January

Well done capto on SEVEN WEEKS....what an achievement,,,Is'nt it wonderful when as you say you are now starting to accept and believe that it is possible...Way to go..

Louise xxx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

17th January

Hey Neil,
            Have you thought about having a "funeral" for "Drinking Neil"?
            I think it's time for him to go away and leave you alone! Don't do bodily harm to him...just TELL him he is history.
            Somewhere in my silly mind, I think that may be possible.
            I have a black dress I'll wear!

Nancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

17th January

You ALL are such an inspiration to us all who want to remain AF! Good job!!!!!! You really give us hope - and thank you for that.

Comment

17th January

Congratulations on the big 5-0 Flip! I, and I believe Capto will be there on Saturday. Great job on 3 months Di! It's so nice to see so many adding up the days here.

Comment

17th January

Gabby :flower:

Comment

17th January

Wow...late checking in today....my heart is so warm with all the well wishing! Thanks so much, and congrats to all of you! Getting ready to leave for work and the boss just told me I could work at home because we're about to get some winter weather...woo hoo!

Thanks again everybody,...and yes, keep it simple. I really believe that what you focus on will expand, so when I quit drinking (this time) I was very conscious not to focus too much on the 'problem' and to give my attention to the 'solution'..which means I've really tried not to dwell too much on the past, what I'm missing or what I'm sacrificing, but on the vision I have for my life..it's my life and I want it to be as healthy as possible...I don't want to expand the little alcoholic's ego by focusing on 'it'..it's a bit of a transgression from how AA works (which I admire and respect) which encourages one to 'remember' with the idea that it will help you not digress and also to help you help others, but there is a balance one needs to find. I don't know that it helps to focus ones identity around 'being an alcohol' when one could focus more on just 'being'. ...well, anyway, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.. AA does have the best saying though and it is the simplicity thing and to take it one day at time...
                    (hugs to everyone)

Comment

17th January

I agree with you, I am only on day 5 but every other attemp has failed on day one, mainly because i feel like i am losing something, this time i am focusing on how great i feel and how two hours of blur at night is not worth regret, headache, worry, aches, pains, dehydration, bad complexion, I am focusing on how great i am feeling as a runner, and as a beautiful person, and how i will be percieved now by others as opposed to how i thought they saw me before. I dont have to worry if the "know", because there is nothing for them to know. Just focusing on feeling like a healthy person makes a world of difference
                      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

17th January

irishlady wrote: Well done capto on SEVEN WEEKS....what an achievement,,,Is'nt it wonderful when as you say you are now starting to accept and believe that it is possible...Way to go..

Louise xxx
                        Thanks Louise. You're a big part of our success here, and being here helping us fight our mental demons and self imposed contraints is so comforting.:thanks:

Best,

Capto

Comment

17th January

Yes Capto...I agree
                          I love Louise....:h
                          Victoria xxoxxo

Comment

17th January

Well done Capto!! You're a champion!

:-)
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                            X