X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am here now with just 85 days AF!!

Hi everyone !

I would do whatever it takes to me !
    I would stay sober at all for the rest of my life.
    I am with you all fellow.
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Let just be known me how can I do as per you all here !!

dix:new:

Comment

Your doing great dixon :-) You should be very proud.But I don't think we can begin to truly grow into a successful, lifetime, AF plan until we have managed to make the shift in our thinking from the "Deprivation Mode" to the "Gratitude Mode."

In Deprivation Mode, we think alcohol is a good thing that we are being deprived of. We are sad, and grieve the loss of what had felt like a friend to us. We consider it a treat that we never get to give ourselves again. We are envious of others who "get to drink."

In Gratitude Mode, we recognize that alcohol is (for us, because of our brain structure, genetics, physiology, etc.) a toxin, a poison, something that nearly destroyed us. Mentally, physically, and spiritually. We recognize that we have the most amazing opportunity to rid ourselves of something that makes us very sick in all those ways. We recognize the craziness of voluntarily damaging our brains, minds, bodies, families, jobs, futures. We are really, really grateful for that opportunity, and we guard it and cultivate it carefully.

Most of us start a recovery program in deprivation mode. Some people stay there forever. Those people tend not to be able to create a consistently successful program, or life, of freedom from alcohol and its devastation. Some of us transition into gratitude mode.

For most of us, Gratitude Mode does not just happen all by itself. We have to make it happen. If we want to shift into gratitude mode, we learn to cultivate it. We cultivate it by being careful about our thoughts, and about what we notice. If we find ourselves thinking about how wonderful it would be to have a drink, we deliberately shift attention away from this train of thought, and we deliberately choose to think about how good it is to know we will never humiliate ourselves with alcohol again, never again have another horrible hangover, never disappoint our children again with the way we are when we get drunk. We notice alcohol advertising, pay attention to how it makes us feel, and detach from the message by noticing how distorted the message is.

That kind of thing is crucial. We literally can BUILD a new way of thinking and feeling about things. And I think that's something to be grateful for, in itself!
      Keep moving forward dixon you can and will do it :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mario,
        Its a very analytical post in short.
        Of course,there are only two ways for an alcoholic like us ,continue it and destroy all the life not troubling ourselves but greater to the people living surrounding us could be family,friends,relatives,neighbours etc... or give up it feeling tired of it or can say in returns of big losses we have done in the past .
        I think I am also at the gratitude mode cause ,I just hypothetically think of AL and try make me to go PUB,Restaurant etc . but all the organs and a part of my brain restrict me doing so.

Now, I am feeling such a positive changes in eating , drinking,making friends and so on...finally displaced a thought of non worthy living the whole concern is now how to regain my life back...
        I am thankful to God who made me a versatile ,constructive person and then insane alcoholic , I felt the second one is for my ordeal , because of it I am going to a long life sober living..
        Thanks God,thanks friends like you and MWO..
        Muwaaaaa !!

Dix

Comment

Dixon!!! :yougo::yougo: I haven't been around much this summer and am SO HAPPY to come here and read about your almost 100 days sober!!! YAY!!!! I'm so glad you didn't give up. This just PROVES that the only way to fail is to quit trying, right?

I hope your life just keeps getting better and better.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggy,
            Iwas really looking for you.Nice to seeing you again.Welcome back!
            I still remember how much you helped me out last time!
            You had really been following my ,hope to get the same support again.How are you these days??
            .thanks
            Dix

Comment

Hi Dixon! This summer has been pretty hard. My father was very ill for a long time and he passed away at the beginning of July. Even though it was a blessing on some level because his suffering was finally over, it's still a difficult life event that we have to just get through. Then a couple weeks after that I had some oral surgery and am working on getting over that.

The important thing about this story is that life is sometimes good, and sometimes not so good. That is just life. The miracle about my summer is that I didn't drink AND it never even occurred to me to drink. 5 years ago when life got difficult, I just got drunk. Heck, life didn't even have to get difficult for me to get drunk.

So keep the faith. I found it very challenging to NOT PICK UP THAT FIRST DRINK for a long time. But with time and perseverence, it gets easier. I have faith that it will get easier for you too, and that your life will continue to get better - even the rough patches will be better because you will be dealing with it sober.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Doggy,

I am sorry to hear your loss !! . Anyway we have to bear all of the ups and down as you have already cofessed that it is a life .I am sure you will feel better with the passes of time with your long sober mind.
                Our thoughts are with you in this difficult situation .Wish you for your speed recovery as well.
                I remember ,how you were supportive when I was nearly ready to finish my life. Now, I know its all because of Alcohol.Now I am feeling better and still stuck with two problems.
                - I know nobody is rich enough to buy his/her past but cant get out of it .I think I must regain my self esteem back and have to work hard to achieve that.
                -Solve all the current problems like financial,family,social ,mental health etc.
                Now becoming committed to address them and will be here as soon as I get an extra time.
                Thanks,
                Dix

Comment

Doggy Girl sorry to hear about your father,my condolences also hope you get better as as. x you where missed here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Doggy,

How u doing these days ?

Mario,

have you got any long term planning for your sobriety mate ?
                    I wanna to make a plan so you can be of help to me , if you wish I will PM you ??
                    Thanks
                    Dix

Comment

was here on 85 now 109 days !

OMG !

109-85 = 24 more AF days !!
                      Time is flying well.
                      Dix

Comment

I am driving up 85 in the kind of morning that lasts all afternoon just stuck inside the gloom
                        asp.net live project training in ahmedabad

Comment

Hi Dix, Congrats on all these AF days you are gathering!

Hi cpetrict , sorry to hear that you are stuck inside the gloom, whether its real or figurative. I hate gloom too. Hope it will pass soon! FF
                          . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Dixon, you have done so well! Keep it going!
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                            X