The Gravy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gravy

Being in the here and now for myself and my family.

I love it, and so do my hubby and daughter

AF is real life, drinking is virtual reality.

Cashy
    xxxx
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

The Gravy

Cashy,

Drinking wasn't even as good as virtual reality!

Real life is AMAZING in comparison!
      Didn't know how much I was missing for the last 20 years or so - wot a prat Eh?

Satori
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

The Gravy

You are not a prat Satori ! - but I know what you mean - all those times that could have been spent smelling the roses instead of throwing up on em!!

Cashy
        xxxx
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

The Gravy

Hi Deidre and all,

This is an amazing thread.

My gravy is just about all of the above......errmmm except the gym/trainer bit...still to work on that.

But, yes, at the moment just simple sober life is my gravy.

Comment

The Gravy

I want Gravy

Hi I am new - pls forgive me for posting here I do not belong in long-term yet but I will soon - I WANT GRAVY SO BADLY.

Day 1 here for me. All your messages give me hope.

MaryA:new:

Comment

The Gravy

Hello MaryAnne and welcome to MWO,

First of all you have nothing to apologise for... you can post where you like on this forum... If your intention is long term abs then I wish you all the best, but the choice is yours... So have a look around and make yourself at home, start reading the posts and then maybe you will post and tell us a little about yourself, but all in your time...

Take care, Louise xx
              A F F L..
              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

The Gravy

I want some gravy too (been eating everything else lately).

I was AF for 72 days, then went away for the weekend. It's been a week, and I keep saying "one more day". In actuality, I am moderating quite nicely. But when I was off the booze, everything else was falling into place. Exercise, eating, weight loss (almost 18 lbs in 10 weeks). Everyone was patting me on the back and I was feeling great. Now I'm scared to death to get on the scale and have become delightfully adept at avoiding both the gym and healthy foods.

I want to go back and need to pick a day and start again. Now everyone is telling me "wait til after Easter" cuz we all know what a big drinking day Easter is:H ! I started the CDs again, which I know is the key for me. I have some topa but was doing great without it. I also have some Campral that I never got into.

Thanks for listening. I have to take some kind of action even if it is just to make a whiney post.

Comment

The Gravy

Great post Deirdre. Thanks for starting the positive thread.

Gravy mmmnnn
                  lots and lots of sleep....catching up on decades of lost and restless sleep. I was utterly exhausted in the beginning but now feeling way more energetic
                  Like others have said I wake up now with a clear head.....no heavy head that took till lunch time to feel better and by dinner time the pattern started all over again and always failing at trying to give up. Thats gone.

All the secret hiding part.....pretending I did not have a problem....convincing myself that I was ok when clearly I wasn't a bit ok. Sometimes when I am tempted or crave a glass of wine or ten I try to convince myself that I can have one drink....then something deep happens inside where I know its not possible because I know I can take it or leave it....taking it means trouble for me and leaving it represents a new freedom.

Take it or leave it. Thats the biggest change. I am leaving it and my gravy is freedom....and it tasts good!

Good evening to all at whatever part of the journey you are on...day 1 or more. Keep trying and good luck.

changing.

Comment

The Gravy

This is an amazing thread, great idea Deirdre.
                    All I can say is Ditto to all the wonderful things I am enjoying in life now.
                    Barb, we all have been there. After Easter you will be back in the saddle, and doing well again.
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

The Gravy

Wow!! Welcome back Deidre, I remember you!! Mona, long time no chat!! Great to see you too. Although I am in mods rather than ABS, I can certainly say that the gravy is all of the above, lovely mornings, saved dollars, more social actually b/c I don't have to run home to have my nightly fix. Better relationship with my husband as he is doing mods through example. We actually talk now instead of coexisting in some haze.

Comment

Working...
                      X