Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit past a year

Hello,

I'm new to this site....sort of. I think I found this site a few years ago....during one of my attempts to moderate or cut back on my drinking. However, now it looks like I'm here for good this time.

I quit a little over a year ago, due to a 2nd DUI. I'd been posting on a different website, but it got rather quiet on there. This one looks to me more active.

For now I seem to be re-arranging my 'keeping-sober' activities. For the first year it was DUI classes, AA meetings about once a week, posting on the other website, and therapy sessions once a month.

After the year hit I wasn't going to AA as much and started to question if I still need it and therapy. Most of the AA relapse stories start with 'I quit going to meetings, got complacent, and found myself having a drink'....this I'd learned recently since I've been going to meetings daily for the past 10 days. However, I've hit a wall with AA.....the religious aspect is hard for me and the 'do it my/our way' people.

So, I'm trying some new things, a Buddhist 12 step meeting and this website. And I'll keep with my once a week AA habit and once a month therapy visits.

Hope everybody out there is doing OK.
    Soberity Date - 7/11/11

A bit past a year

Hi Sammynorm, :welcome: sounds like your doing really well! It's a shame that this section doesn't get much traffic... If you post in the General Section you might get more responses. Take care, Choice

Comment

A bit past a year

Thanks for the advice. I'll check out the general discussion forum.:thanks:
      Soberity Date - 7/11/11

Comment

A bit past a year

Hi Sammy and congratulations on your AF time!!!!! Your instincts about getting support is great - it sure helps me.

For whatever reason, a lot of Long-term Abstainers actually post over in the Monthly Abstinence section. There are several threads there including a Daily AF, an AA, a weekly thread....you get the idea.

Come join us...you'll fit right in!
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

A bit past a year

Hi sammy norm well done on your alcohol free time so far, great work by you on you.Keep posting but as been said already maybe post in the general thread as you will get much better responses and support,hope to see you there.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
          X