Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think i qualify as a long term abstainer at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a very special lady from this site reminded today how long an bloody hard ive struggled on an on, still in my mind convincing myself,it will b different this time an i can control it!! what a joke, its been plainly obvious for years but i finally admitted it,accepted it and dont want to ever pick up a drink and take myself right back to the chaos that one drink will bring me,
    today ive can say honestly that IM ACTUALLY ENJOYING BEING SOBER!!! 7 months, i was sober till aug 2011 then met a lad and was drawn back for 1 last night out,yeah ops i moved into my own rented place, got into debt, violence, and really hit the bottom, lost the house an back to mums where i drank ,passsed out an drank,
    i got into deto for 4 weeks, and completed 3mths in residential rehab,i wish i could of heard and acted on the advice of some senior members of mwo, thank you all,i guess it wasent my time then,i needed to struggle a bit more! ive have been going to aa, and started college,horticulture and have started work in a small area of woodland, which is very enjoying and it hopefully will become a project thats going to benefit a vast range of people,
    for the 1st time since i gave birth to my son i feel at last ive got some hope and purpose in the future, my dear son has stuck by me he s 15 now,and im very proud to say despite me he s an amazing lad, big hugs hellos an thank you s to any members who remember me! sorry!! big hello an hope to all xx:thanks:
    if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got!

Well sorry for not "remembering" ya, but you should be VERY proud of what you have done. AL is a sneaky little devil...one we cant usually see no matter what anyone tells us. Once you have it out of your life, the fog seems to lift.....doesnt it?

You are doing great, hope you continue on your path to success! :goodjob:
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Well done Trying......or should we now call you 'succeeding' ! WTG girl

I can't wait to be you......you have worked hard for this .....enjoy and never look back:h

Comment

Trying:

Great post and congrats! Thanks for sharing!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
        X