coping with being af in social settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey D and DX, raising a large glass of sparkling water to you both and your celebration dinner! I am speechless with admiration for you.

I find that it's the first drink of the evening that is the "hurdle", if you want to think of it as that. After that, no-one even notices.

PS: D, what n/a wine did you drinkK Recommend it? I tried something here in the UK called "Eisberg" which I might possibly buy again in the future if my kettle needs de-scaling.

Comment

again thanks much y'all, yes I'm proud of my "baby step".
      this brand was called FREI and it was the white Zin version (the only one they had) so
      it was expectedly sweet. ironically I liked it better than the regular alcohol-containing white zins I've tried in the past...how very weird. maybe it's the campral? no idea but I'm not complaining. it was like an interesting fruit juice more than anything. speaking of which I've dusted off the juicer and made some neat concoctions....yummy and healthy.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

That just reminded me Determinator.. Haven't juiced anything for ages.. Celery, carrots and apples was one of my favourites....Hmmmm may do some later....

Hey, why don't you put a few juices on the recipe page???
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

jealous

i saw a guy go to a function and he was the only one not drinking. i was jealous for sure!
          he looked great, thinner and healthy looking.

I think problems with alcohol are actually pretty common. culturally speaking, it is easier in some countries than others to abstain.

Comment

true, the US culture seems to give alcohol this weirdly elevated status...oh well.

Victoria, what a sweetheart, thank you.
            and regarding juicing....problem is I'm completely schizo with the juicer...I just start cramming fruit and veggies in the thing until something acceptable ends up in the glass. But you have me thinkin' Irish. thanks all again....all most appreciated.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey D

Good to see you back and doing so well.

Be thankful you don't live in Scotland - the drinking culture here is .....relentless is probably the right word.

I too found it a bit weird the first time - but like others have said, the usual comment I get now is "Cool" or "Well done" when I say I have stopped drinking.

One of my friends has actually said he is going to join me AF next time we are out together!

Take care

Satori
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
              X