100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavande;1451845 wrote: Speaking of Rocky, Bullwinkle, Sherman, Mr Peabody, etc - I have all those embroidery designs & sell a lot of T shirts, sweatshirts to people of a ''certain age group' :H MINE :H
    I watched R&B on b/w tv....just like everyone else

I did not win the lottery Byrdie - boo hoo.

Cable TV arrived in my town the year my daughter was born. I loved having it to keep me company om those long, long nights sitting up with a newborn.
    I used to be glued to Saturday morning funnies...I guess that explains alot! :H

Sorry about the lottery but I always used to buy Cracker Jacks cause I knew there was a prize in every box!
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Fly, it went out with more of a flop....I had taken the ole girl out of the drawer from a fresh wash and was putting her on...she just couldn't stand the load I guess and collapsed. Oh I tried resusitation (sewing it) but her old body just couldn't be fixed. She went to the Great Beyond, where NO Boob is too big to support! She was a good and faithful servant...I will miss her and so will the girls....(thank you for asking) B

P.S. Lav, she wasn't white, she was a mixed breed....beige....she fit in with all groups.
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1452127 wrote: Fly, it went out with more of a flop....I had taken the ole girl out of the drawer from a fresh wash and was putting her on...she just couldn't stand the load I guess and collapsed. Oh I tried resusitation (sewing it) but her old body just couldn't be fixed. She went to the Great Beyond, where NO Boob is too big to support! She was a good and faithful servant...I will miss her and so will the girls....(thank you for asking) B

P.S. Lav, she wasn't white, she was a mixed breed....beige....she fit in with all groups.
        Oii Bralady....... Tis time to let it go, she's resting peacefully as a twin hammock for baby angels.....ahhhhh

Comment

Ky...getting old....yep me too :H:H:H

Byrdie..chest ignore the funnies...everyone boobs sometime :H:H:H
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Bahahaha!!! Kuya and Mick! Resting in a hammock!!! Chest ignore it!!! Ehehehe....

It's nice to be able to let it all hang out, so to speak! Have a happy day! B
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1452127 wrote: Fly, it went out with more of a flop....I had taken the ole girl out of the drawer from a fresh wash and was putting her on...she just couldn't stand the load I guess and collapsed. Oh I tried resusitation (sewing it) but her old body just couldn't be fixed. She went to the Great Beyond, where NO Boob is too big to support! She was a good and faithful servant...I will miss her and so will the girls....(thank you for asking) B

:H:H:H:H:H

Comment

Hi all,
                I find nowadays that I don't have much more to say about alcohol as I have already said it,Its like I am all out of words and advice.Its especially hard when going through personal problems at home and in my life in general,I have always loved coming to mwo and do most days even just to lurk or say hello on the Army thread but really I don't seem to have much more to give.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Mario ..and i think that is one of the reasons Byrdie put this thread together..so that people could have a natter around things not necessarily alcohol based but general chit chat, ..As for not having any more to give...mmm dont think thats quite true...would probably agree with you when the time comes that people no longer drink alcohol...up till then ? I know what you are saying tho..there are only so many ways you can wrap the same old advice up,and you have been doing this shall we say for quite some time..me Im a beginner at it in comparison..but seriously tho you have a lot to give..and you are also a big part of the site mate so dont let it go!!
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mario.....you have no idea the impact your presence has.

When I first joined you were the first senior I noticed. I saw the length of time you had sober and you gave me hope.
                    I honestly sought out your posts and dissected each word hoping that absorbing what you wrote would make this task easier.
                    Even typing this makes me tearful remembering the terrified person I was then.

Even when it is just a hi....people read you and know that this is possible.

So don't you dare underestimate your importance here, ever.

Comment

Mario, that list you posted for the Steppers made a huge difference for me. I wonder how many lives you have changed? But at some point others need to take their turn. You need to move on with you life. I personally find it especially difficult supporting newbies because so many just disappear.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I think I'm getting to the same point Mario
                        I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that my Newbies Nest speech has burned a rut into my brain yet I know how important it is for the newest members to get that information & know that they too can beat AL!

I've come to love my connection to MWO & the warm feeling of fellowship here.
                        That is enough to keep me coming back, day after day
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mario;1452726 wrote: Hi all,
                          I find nowadays that I don't have much more to say about alcohol as I have already said it,Its like I am all out of words and advice.Its especially hard when going through personal problems at home and in my life in general,I have always loved coming to mwo and do most days even just to lurk or say hello on the Army thread but really I don't seem to have much more to give.
                          I've read your story and when I first came here you were such an inspiration to me. BTW, you still are!
                          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Mario, may I say that yours was among the first posts to welcome me! I know what you mean about having given all you've got, but I have a hunch there's a reserve tank in there ready to spring into action.

We were talking in the nest the other day about looking down the road...for the 4 and 5 year people here...do you say 'Forever'? No AL Forever? Or do you still say, one day at a time? B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1452924 wrote:
                              We were talking in the nest the other day about looking down the road...for the 4 and 5 year people here...do you say 'Forever'? No AL Forever? Or do you still say, one day at a time? B
                              For me, I say that I will not have a drink for the rest of my life because this is the lifestyle I have chosen. Period.
                              AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

I recently got a glimpse of my junkie thinking (does it never go away, I don't know).
                                I was in a lot of pain one day, and my mind wandered back to years ago when I was still drinking & had found that guzzling a bit extra really helped ease the pain of an injury I had at the time.
                                So here it is over 5 years sober, and my brain starts thinking about how I could use alcohol as a medication. It doesn't think about how nice it would be to have one glass of wine to enhance a nice meal... it goes straight to thinking that 2 bottles of wine will numb the pain.

Although it can get to feel like second nature most of the time that we don't drink...
                                we still have to be vigilant on taking swift action when the occasional junkie thinking sneaks into our thoughts.
                                AF 6 years
                                NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Working...
                                X