100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those drinking thoughts certainly invade my reasonable brain from time to time. But I haven't had an urge I couldn't fight since my quit date. I do live with some fear that I will give in to an urge sometime. Hopefully that fear is my friend, it will continue to give me the strength to fight.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

FallenAngel;1452946 wrote: For me, I say that I will not have a drink for the rest of my life because this is the lifestyle I have chosen. Period.
      I have to say that I'll never drink again because I truly believe that it will kill me if I do...and I am so in love with life now that I'm sober! I'm planning on sticking around for a long, long, long time to enjoy it!!!
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Sunbeam;1452849 wrote: I personally find it especially difficult supporting newbies because so many just disappear.
        I feel the same way Sunbeam. I've had to take a step back from getting too involved with newbies. When I care about your quit more than you do, you're trouble. And no amount of talk and PMs from me is going to make a difference.

I really admire those of you still posting who have years of sobriety behind you. I don't know how you do it.

Comment

Byrdlady;1452924 wrote:
          We were talking in the nest the other day about looking down the road...for the 4 and 5 year people here...do you say 'Forever'? No AL Forever? Or do you still say, one day at a time? B
          I personally say no alcohol forever when I think about my future. Just like I know I won't ever smoke cigarettes again and I'll never try heroin or any other drug.

Comment

Hippyman;1453010 wrote: I have to say that I'll never drink again because I truly believe that it will kill me if I do...and I am so in love with life now that I'm sober! I'm planning on sticking around for a long, long, long time to enjoy it!!!
            Thanks Hipster... I forgot to add that point!
            You are so right about lovin' life now that we're sober,
            it rocks! :h
            AF 6 years
            NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

It really is like getting a second chance!! I sure wish I could have done it sooner and/or listened to others, but I always have to learn everything the hard way! At least I am here NOW!! And LOVING it!! B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

mario;1452726 wrote: Hi all,
                I find nowadays that I don't have much more to say about alcohol as I have already said it,Its like I am all out of words and advice.Its especially hard when going through personal problems at home and in my life in general,I have always loved coming to mwo and do most days even just to lurk or say hello on the Army thread but really I don't seem to have much more to give.
                Hi Mario
                I know exactly where you're coming from. I had to step away around 3 years ago. I was finally comfortable in my sober skin, felt burned out from talking about alcohol, and really needed to go out into the real world & live this new sober life to the fullest. And that's exactly what I did.... and now I have more positive experiences that I can share.
                I found myself wandering back here recently due to the fact that I'm having some physical ailments & needed to feel like I could be of some kind of use.

Recently I have met a member here that has welcomed me into her world & we have become good friends in a very short time. I'm lost for words to describe how wonderful it feels to help someone in their time of need. I truly feel blessed for this opportunity to reach out & pass on what I have learned, & am still learning on this journey.

Take care of You first Mario, and in turn, you can then take care of others. :l
                AF 6 years
                NF 7 years

Comment

Byrdlady;1453024 wrote: It really is like getting a second chance!! I sure wish I could have done it sooner and/or listened to others, but I always have to learn everything the hard way! At least I am here NOW!! And LOVING it!!
                  Ditto on everything you said!
                  AF 6 years
                  NF 7 years

Comment

Byrdlady;1452924 wrote: We were talking in the nest the other day about looking down the road...for the 4 and 5 year people here...do you say 'Forever'? No AL Forever? Or do you still say, one day at a time? B

Hi byrdladyand everyone else thanks for all your feedback

I dont think about drinking anymore I have just accepted that I dont drink and never will again,I do sometimes play alittle mind game with myself in which I pretend to wake up with a hangover and dread the thought of moving from the bed and then smile to myself and jump out with a buzz It works for me.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Sunbeam;1452849 wrote: Mario, that list you posted for the Steppers made a huge difference for me. I wonder how many lives you have changed? But at some point others need to take their turn. You need to move on with you life. I personally find it especially difficult supporting newbies because so many just disappear.
                      Lavande;1452889 wrote:
                      I think I'm getting to the same point Mario
                      I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that my Newbies Nest speech has burned a rut into my brain yet I know how important it is for the newest members to get that information & know that they too can beat AL!

I've come to love my connection to MWO & the warm feeling of fellowship here.
                      That is enough to keep me coming back, day after day
                      This I agree with

Comment

Hi all,

My first post of the 100 day thread. It has all my favorite people here. I, too, am at a loss how the seniors give so much. I'm hoping as time passes and I have more solid ground behind me, I can help more in that role. I know that K9, Byrdie and Mario were the first to greet me, then Lav, Kuya, Lolab and Slay gave amazing advice in the nest. I miss the nest, but mostly for the people.

I think this is the most powerful group support system around, and will always be grateful.

Thanks again.

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

We are so happy to have you here Catbuddy!
                          I am sure you are already helping people here but just don't know it yet

We do have a wonderfully powerful support system!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi catbuddy ;=)

Comment

Hi Catbuddy! Nice to see you here! :yougo:
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

I just noticed that cheer girl has blinky eyes
                                They are still my fav
                                :yougo::yougo::yougo:
                                :notes:
                                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Working...
                                X