100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lav and Skull...sorry to keep going back to this subject, but instead of ordering Seredyn, couldn't I just take Valerian, Passion Flower and L-Theanine? Seems like those are the main ingredients...and would be cheaper....and easier to keep in stock!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi, Jane. Thanks for swinging by...

NS - Thanks for the blogs. This paragraph spoke to me (I left it in the Nest as well):

To be addicted is to be an actor--a chameleon whose changing faces camouflage the centrality of the drug relationship and its growing consequences. The masks hide a thousand broken promises to self and others. They provide a veneer of normalcy and can exude charms that obscure one's growing capacity for manipulation and exploitation. They feign laughter when tears are flowing inside, and they project rage to cover our fear.

Pav

Comment

It is when I got to this point that he describes so well, that I finally looked for a solution and found MWO:
        Escaping this state of imprisoned imposterhood requires facing the terror of nothingness--the terror that nothing, or at least nothing of value, exists behind the masks.

Comment

Hey No Sugar
          I usually don't skip around here but browsed in and surfed into the blogs you posted, thanks a mill. Its hitting alot for me, sometimes coming across stuff like dat really drifts me back to my journey, where I've been and where I've come to. Sometimes when I lapse back into feeling small again, its impowering to get reminded what I/ we are taking on, one day at a time, it takes strenght, wherever it comes from, its in me and it makes me like me more, and din't feel so small anymore. I'm rambling but yes thank you
          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

So glad you happened to catch those links, SugarBeat. He articulated things I've felt but been unable to express. I'm not sure whether he had addiction issues but if not, he clearly understands.

Nice to meet you, by the way .

Comment

K9, I think the combination of the Seredyn Propriety blend with the magnesium & niacinamide that makes it work so well. They both help with anxiety & restlessness. I think you would have to be taking a lot of different supplements to get the full effect. Maybe try one bottle & see what you think. Some people get good results with Calms Forte made by Hylands which is relatively inexpensive, maybe think about that

Jane of the jungle - WELCOME!!!

Greetings NS, sugarbeat, Pav & everyone!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey kids good to see you all, it's been a while.

First I can't take credit for the line "If one then why not none?" I am sure I saw it somewhere and repeated it! Glad it stuck though!

K9 I drink chamomile tea before bed, and yoga really helps to slow down my brain too!

Happy Easter/Passover/Whatever you choose to celebrate. I am heading out of town to visit with my sister (the one who quit right after I did, love hanging with her!) My mum is mad because she wanted me to come to a family brunch here in town but I am being selfish these days and doing what suits me rather than trying to please others. Is that a sign of maturity? I hope so it's about time LOL
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

3J's, it's great to see you!!
                  I always want to ask you your date!!! bahahaha....you really ARE coming right up on that year mark...be SURE to hit the roll call that day so we can give you your Big Girl Panties!

I don't know what it is about this journey, but I have found that I don't have to please everyone else, either. It's a weight off my shoulders! Do we see more clearly now that we're sober? I know my loose lips got me into a lot of commitments I wish they hadn't, but I don't think that's all of it. Maybe it's that we have walked thru hell and back (addiction) and we appreciate life and we're not willing to waste anymore of it on CRAP. At the end of 2011, I stumbled on an article of 5 things NOT to do in 2012. I was struck with the notion, so I wrote them on a sticky note, and put them on my cork board here in the office. Here's what NOT to do:

1. Responding like a trained monkey.
                  2. Mindless traditions.
                  3. Reading annoying things.
                  4. Work that's not worth it.
                  5. Making things more complicated than they should be.

I tell you, this list set me free! Maybe this is what you are finding, too! I am my OWN person and only I am responsible for my own happiness! It's up to ME!
                  I stopped responding to the email bell like Pavlov's dog. I used to run over to it as if it were giving out money! I quit sending Christmas cards (mindless traditions)! I love getting them....HATE sending them!!!! What a burden it is to try and do it ALL over the holidays!! I quit reading stupid emails that my company sent out!! I stopped fretting over always 'getting it right' at work....sometimes close enough IS good enough.
                  Sometimes, giving a gift card is ok!! Everyone doesn't' have to have a special gift from Peru!!
                  I hear you! It is liberating to make yourself happy!!! Hugs to you, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey 3June!
                    This taking care of 'yourself' thing first is really awesome, don't you think?
                    It actually becomes habit with a bit of practice :H
                    I am glad the compulsory family gatherings are long over for me. All of the elders are long gone. I do not expect or demand any of that from my kids. I invite & if they say no, it's perfectly OK with me

Glad you have grown up too Byrdie :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi all - I hope everybody are having good holiday weekend
                      K9 - I used to take Valerian but now I switched to Lemon Balm - it is VERY calming. Regular pharmacy wouldn't have - I found mine in Whole Foods herbal meds section. And then YOGA. Did I mention hot yoga before? lol I am a huge fan - can you please a least give it a try? It helps a lot with the noise in your head like 3J said. It also helps to feel happier with no meds.
                      Today I am 180 days AF, I guess it makes it 6 months for me. I feel outstanding and really appreciate all support here. My husband is also doing fine.
                      AF since 10/20/2013
                      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                      Meat free since 09/20/2008
                      ---------------------------------------
                      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Hey Myluck, CONGRATS on your AF time!!!!!
                        It's makes such a huge difference, I'm happy for you
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Everyone! Congrats on continuing to extend your AF time.

The soil has finally defrosted, so I am spending more and more time outdoors, and less time here. My Kindle also decided to not allow me to access this site anymore, go figure. So to post I have to sit at our main computer, which feels like work, not relaxing time in my comfy chair.

Lav, I saw a great video of a young child hugging a chicken yesterday, on Facebook. Boy, they both loved the experience.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I saw that same video Sunbeam - extremely cute
                            Today I planted a couple window boxes with grass seed so I can just put them out for chicken snacks. I'm going to wait a week or two & plant two more so I can keep rotating them. I love to let the hens out to graze but it can be a hassle with the dogs & other predators. And it's just plain difficult trying to keep an eye on 30 of them all going in different directions :H
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Bengal Spice Tea

My new favourite, thought I'd share. My sister likes hers with a little honey but I am a straight up kinda gal.

Bengal Tea
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

That looks good 3June, I'll give it a try
                                I am currently hooked on a mixture of decaf green tea with some decaf chai tea - straight up :H :H
                                Funny, but that became my drink of choice when I gave up my previous drink of choice!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X