Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

MyLuck - congrats on your 200 :wd:
    Isn't it great how the cravings & thoughts become so few & far between? Great job!!!

The 'thought' of hot yoga makes me sweat :H :H
    No way could I do something like that! Makes me a bit jealous because I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds or 20
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Great to see everyone doing so well! MyLuck, 200 days is EPIC!
      :chef:

We are all flipping over your success! I tell you, NOT having those obsessive thoughts is worth the price of admission. I thought they would NEVER leave my head, that I'd just be 'one of those' who had to white knuckle it for the rest of her life. It is a GREAT feeling to get to the end of a day and think...gosh, I didn't miss AL ONE BIT. Or to get thru that witching hour on a Friday after an impossible week, and realize that your go-to solution for relaxing was NOT AL. It is a blessed relief!

So happy to see everyone's achievements here. It IS worth the hard work in the beginning! It is MORE than worth it. I was just reading about a member who has been trying and trying....if ONLY that person could see past a craving and ride it out. IF ONLY they could feel how peaceful our minds can be. I wish there were a way to communicate that. I guess when things get BAD ENOUGH they will find a way to stop the madness. It really IS madness. That's just what it feels like. I had to learn that I could get thru a craving...that it wasn't going to win. I hope this person can learn that, too. It's a shame that it takes years for some of us to learn this....we look back at things and realize we are no closer to quitting than we were all those years ago. Getting sober is like being pregnant....you are or you aren't. I hope folks can get off the hamster wheel and start living!

Happy Mother's Day to all!! XXOO, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

"Getting sober is like being pregnant....you are or you aren't."

now there's a way I hadn't thought about things... I might need to go see a doctor and the editor of the National Enquirer!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

:H:H:H
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Pavati;1659485 wrote: Way to go, MyLuck! I don't know how you do hot yoga - I do yoga in a warm room (because of where it is, not intentionally). So much sweating already! So cool on 200 days.

Glad you stopped by, Sunni. Hope that trip to Germany was ok. I'll check out your thread.

I had a good no sugar week, passing by many, many temptations. Not sure about finishing that ice cream in the freezer tonight, though. It is usually my Friday treat...

I'm feeling better about saying to people that I quit drinking. Many are curious, ask "forever?" I just say - forever is a long time. I'm not drinking now. Seems honest and about right.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and grandmothers.
            xo
            Pav
            Myluck Congratulations on your 200 days. Nice accomplishment...only a matter of time before Byrdie hands you your big person pants. You do Yoga...I do too just getting out of bed...not sure if that counts.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

MyLuck
              a big well done on 200. It is quite a feat!!!

Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

:H:H:H

Sam, you are killing me!!! I just love your sense of humor! You have really blossomed! xo, B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Byrdie, it has been a great pleasure getting to know you as well. You are a rock here!
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thank you everybody I love you all! Now I am intrigued to find out what big pants are and when they will be given to me???? Please tell me!!!!
                    AF since 10/20/2013
                    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                    Meat free since 09/20/2008
                    ---------------------------------------
                    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Myluck,
                      Byrdie has her famous prize closet.......now I just have to get her attention
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

These are the Prize for One Year: Prepare to be amazed!

:grannypants:

Yes, the coveted Big Girl Panties!!! Available in ALL sizes for ALL genders!! I have no doubt that these will be yours in no time, well, 160 days, give or take. XXO
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

HEY! Did y'all notice that Sam hit 1 year on Mother's Day???

Congratulations, Sam! It has been great to do this with you. :l

Comment

Here we are talking about the Big Girl Panties and we have an owner of them right here!!!

Sam, wear them loud and proud, my friend!!!

:grannypants:

Gosh, you are just amazing! I'm so glad you're here with us!!!! Congratulations!!! B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Big, awesome, rock star congratulations to MyLuck and Sam on such awesome milestones... you both are doing fantastic!

Comment

Thanks Byrdie for the big girl panties!! They will come in handy for my ongoing pregnancy!!
                                Thanks again for everyone's support, you all are a wonderful bunch.
                                Sam
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X