Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Hi, All:

Sam - missed your big day here, but posted on your other thread. Those panties are quite a pair. Maybe you could do yoga in them???

I practiced yoga a while ago but quit for 3 years as I didn't take the time to fit it in to my life. Since getting sober I have picked it up again, and I must say I agree with MyLuck - mindfulness, joining body and mind, sweat, exercise, etc - perfect detox for body and soul. I don't do hot yoga, though (and MyLuck, I hope you mean 105F and not 105C!), just regular.

I'm feeling good, but I seem to get sad/weird/disconnected on the weekends sometimes. I think I thrive on the structure of the work week, and feel a little unmoored if I don't have a schedule. I guess drink used to hide that feeling, and now I'm figuring out how to solve it sober. So many things that I used to bury or ignore...

Going to bed happily sober and will have 15 15-year-olds over for a party tomorrow. Lord help me.

xo
    Pav

Comment

Sure hope you have some help with the party Pav - sounds like a real challenge to me
      I think sticking to a healthy routine is good for us, keeps us feeling motivated & safe with our choices.
      I'll have to start looking for some granny style yoga, you never know
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pavati, yes I typed C incorrectly and now I edited my post to show F - for Fahrenheit. So sorry have a good time at your party buckle up! 15 teenagers! LOL
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Fifteen teenagers,OMG as they would say. Lots of luck, Pav.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Speaking of Yoga

I too have become a yoga addict. I go a least 4 times and sometimes 6 times a week. I do different styles, some are physically harder and some are mentally soothing. I know I have an addictive personality (doh do you think?) but this is an addiction I love!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

Pavati;1662192 wrote: Hi, All:

Sam - missed your big day here, but posted on your other thread. Those panties are quite a pair. Maybe you could do yoga in them???

I practiced yoga a while ago but quit for 3 years as I didn't take the time to fit it in to my life. Since getting sober I have picked it up again, and I must say I agree with MyLuck - mindfulness, joining body and mind, sweat, exercise, etc - perfect detox for body and soul. I don't do hot yoga, though (and MyLuck, I hope you mean 105F and not 105C!), just regular.

I'm feeling good, but I seem to get sad/weird/disconnected on the weekends sometimes. I think I thrive on the structure of the work week, and feel a little unmoored if I don't have a schedule. I guess drink used to hide that feeling, and now I'm figuring out how to solve it sober. So many things that I used to bury or ignore...

Going to bed happily sober and will have 15 15-year-olds over for a party tomorrow. Lord help me.

xo
              Pav
              Pav
              thanks for your thoughts today and the other day as well. Greatly appreciate it.
              Seems like everyone does hot yoga, never done it but my daughter enjoys it. Have fun with 15 YO's!!
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE everyone,

Haven't been on here for a bit; too much going on.

Congratulations MyLuck on your 200 days - the 100s are great milestones, nice ring to 'em! :goodjob:

I'll have a scroll back to catch up on the news.....

stay well everyone,
                love Steady
                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Pavati;1662192 wrote: Hi, All:

xo
                  Pav
                  I can relate very well to this, Pav. Even though my job is stressful, i need that structure in my days. And sometimes come the weekend i feel at a bit of a loss. Am still visiting my folks a lot, and have friends to catch up with, but i'm just not used to planning weekends. Alcohol used to dictate my weekends for me!

Good luck with the party!

Comment

Congratulations to Samstone on your One Year anniversary!

A couple of weeks is a long time on MWO, I wonder what else i've missed.

So sorry if i've missed others' milestones. Am struggling a bit at the moment. Doc's got me on valium - as a short term measure - but cautioned me that valium has an affinity with the same 'pathway' in the brain as al. So i have to be careful.

All the talk about yoga is inspiring. I did try "hot yoga" a few weeks ago; it aint for me! But will try some other form.

Comment

Hey Steadfast
                      glad you're back, hope you're doing better
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Samstone;1662367 wrote: Pav
                        thanks for your thoughts today and the other day as well. Greatly appreciate it.
                        Seems like everyone does hot yoga, never done it but my daughter enjoys it. Have fun with 15 YO's!!
                        Sam
                        I'm late to the conversation but thought I'd chime in and say that I'm going to be doing yin yoga a few times this week- a very passive, relaxed, soft, breath method of yoga, to offset my more intense weight training. I think hot yoga or hatha would be overtraining for me! I'm excited for yin, tho.

Comment

Hey Steady! Good to see you! Sorry to hear you are having troubles. When they come to me I have to think that everyone gets them, and it's just MY turn. I hope everything improves soon for you.

Skull, great to see you, too....I'll be the yang to your yin!
                          Hugs, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, all:

Just wanted to say - CONGRATULATIONS to Skull who has 200 sober days! I am stalking him all over MWO to congratulate him where ever I can (and now I'm talking about him like he's not here - shhhh).

Skull - so very cool. I've done Yin yoga only once - it was nice. Seems a perfect compliment to a big workout fest.

Byrdie - we'll have you doing yoga in no time. (can't paste the photo so I attached it...)

Great to see you pop in, Steady.

Good night, all. Attached files [img]/converted_files/2324223=7755-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thank you for the warm encouraging words, Pav, that made my morning to read that. You're a sweetheart

Comment

Pav, thank you for the visual on that Birdy doing yoga, you've got my proportions just about right! Bird legs and all!!!!:H:H:H
                                I've really been trying to watch my weight this week and it's working, I've watched it go UP .2 of a pound! :
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X