Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

hey, hey
    I see over in the roll call area Pav's got 180 days AF!!! yee hah!!

SL coming up on the 100!!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

here you go ...this is SL s today ...well done :goodjob:

From and including: Friday, February 21, 2014
      To and including: Saturday, May 31, 2014

Result: 100 days
      It is 100 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 3 months, 11 days including the end date.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Welcome to the club scottish lass! Also I think today is available's Day 182.5, (half a year), and tomorrow is Pavati's Day 182.5 and Rahul's Day 100. Good job all around!
        11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

I'm here!!! I made it! Unbelievable!
          Thanks Mick and Elvis
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Welcome, SL!!!

Comment

Welcome and congrats, Scottish Lass. I am thrilled to see all the recent achievement milestones. I reach 21 months this weekend.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

sunbeam ...well done you thats ace 21 months yeehah!!! :goodjob:
                [pre][/pre]
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Yay, Scottish Lass is in the house! Way to go! I have been stalking around MWO congratulating you on every thread. Glad to have you here...

21 months is awesome, Sunbeam. I love all the big numbers here.

I am at day 181 - for some reason I am super excited for Monday which will be 6 calendar months. I remember thinking on Dec. 2 how far away June 2 seemed - and how afraid I was of the journey to get there. Can't believe it is almost here. But I'll save my waffle for Monday...

My Memorial Day weekend was surrounded by alcohol - everywhere, all the time. I felt sort of exhausted by it all. Which leads me to my question (since I have all you pros around here, I'll just keep asking away) - is MWO your main sober community? If not, what do you do in person? If so, how do you go about cultivating friendships and relationships with sober people? I cannot name a single person in my immediate friend circle nor many circles around that who doesn't drink at least a little. Seems cultivating sober friendships would be worth while...

I agree, TJAF - I'm finding a part of my brain that has been covered for many years. Feels lighter and oddly also more grounded.

And please, everyone here, don't "grow up" too much. Humor is what keeps me sane (relatively, bwaahh), and I appreciate all of yours.

Happy Saturday!

Comment

Super happy for you, Scottish Lass, so glad you're here in the 100day Club Congratulations and welcome!!!

Pav, big congrats on 180 days!!! I hear you on how cool it feels to be at those nice big round numbers like 6 months. Monday will feel so good. Happy for you, my friend

As to your question- yep, MWO is my one and only sober community in my life. I am sure there are plenty around in any major city. If twelve-step/AA turns you off, I believe some sober folks find eacother with clubs such as can be found via meetup.com.

For me, MWO is enough, and I don't mind having almost all drinkers as friends, as long as they are not toxic drinkers or toxic people in general. And I just mean toxic in the way that might threaten my sobriety- that's where I'd need to draw the line. But so far everyone in my life has been happy enough to just live and let live, where eachother's drinking is concerned, so that works just fine for me. Most folks are mildly happy/impressed for me.

That said, I can see how finding some abstaining/AF friends would be beneficial and fun. There's lots of us out there.

Comment

SL, welcome aboard! I am so happy for you!!

Pav, MWO is my only lifeline, too. I don't have a single non-drinking friend (in person). My sister doesn't drink, but she is 6 hours away, so don't really hang out with her. Sometimes it is a drag to ALWAYS be the only non drinker, but that quickly fades as I realize I already drank my share....and I'd bet money I'll feel better than they do the next morning. MWO is enough for me.

Elvis, GREAT to see you!!! 199 days???? Incredible. How you feeling??
                      Hope everyone's having a great day! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Pav ..got to echo what has been said by both byrdie and skull...mwo is my only link to the refuse booze cruise...as for cultivating friendships with non al drinking people...look at it this way....do you smoke?if not do you have friends who do?..would you bin that friendship because they do?my opinion ..for what is worth is just accept the fact that they drink ..you dont, it shouldnt make any difference to the friendship and if it does ..think its time for a review its the friendship that counts...

Comment

Pav, I owe the place I am in today (happily sober and unhung on a Sunday morn) to MWO! I am also thinking of friends (for varied reasons) - we are not too far away from each other, maybe one day we should meet for a coffee??
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi all,
                            I am still hanging around and reading. I dont want to get complacent and fall off. I dont count days anymore and I am OK with that. I like me and how I feel so that is enough.
                            I owe this place a lot of thanks too. Byrdie stuck by me and encouraged me like many others did too. I belong to a few other "recovery" sites but this one has been the most supportive and I have felt the most at home here.
                            WOOHOO to us all for getting here and staying on track!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Glad you joined this thread, Scottish Lass!!! Cobgrats on your achievement.
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Welcome Lassie. 100 days was big for me...hope it is for you too. Pav, you are doing great. I'm on day 308. Getting excited about my reaching my first year goal.
                                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Working...
                                X