100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey SL, haven't had a chance but been thinking of you, such a great milestone, a big time congrats to you!!!!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MWO is the only source for me - for advice, information, and a lot of support - I give thanks for this site!

Sorry to be a sook, but three major areas of my life are horrible at the moment - work, my elderly parents (Dad's now in a nursing-home; he refers to his room as his cell) and my partner is unsupportive and has is own issues with cannabis, which he smokes every single day (as well as drinking.) I have been giving serious thought to leaving him lately, but it's a hard decision to make when my folks are in such a bad way.

Sorry about all this negativity; I'm sure things will get better eventually. And I remain Steadfast in my resolve not to drink - 400 days today. So that means 400 days for my quit buddy, Little Beagle! :l

Still at work right now so better sign off.

Keep on keeping on everyone,
      love Steady
      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Steady
        so 400 days for you and LB, that's like 4 X 100 !!! Very and most excellent!!
        sorry to hear of your father's condition. It is a hard thing to do and have to see. As I age I begin to sometimes wonder how the end game will be. I don't dwell on it or anything, but I had to take care of all that with my parents as well. Watching and having to act for them can be mentally very demanding. It is really great that you are maintaining your quit through it all!!
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Steady,

The kind of challenges you are facing are what worry me. Sobriety has been relatively easy in part because I've not had to deal with any life crises over the past several months. It is good to hear how strong your commitment is when I'm sure the easy oblivion of drinking might sometimes seem desirable. I keep in mind that Byrdie made it through the death of her beloved father and son-in-law without giving up what she's gained and here, you're doing a similar thing. I appreciate the role models. As I've said to you before, it is wonderful and I think you'll always be grateful that you were able to be there for your parents when they needed you.

I hope you have support from someone with your parents. It is a shame that your partner isn't providing that. I'll be thinking of you :l.

Congratulations on 400 days! Love, NS

Comment

Dottie Belle, GREAT to see you!
            Work has been eating me alive, so I haven't had a good chance to read around the boards, I thought you posted in the Steppers Thread, so I knew you were in good hands!! Thank you for the kind words, I am just thrilled that you broke the chains! I am just amazed by you and all the new things you have taken on since becoming AF!!! You are a new woman!!! Stay connected!!!

Steady and LB, 400 DAYS???????????? Are you kidding me?
            inkele: inkele: inkele: inkele:

Wow, I'm so proud of every singe person on this thread! To overcome addiction is MAJOR but we are only halfway there! It takes maintenance and vigilance! Keep it goinggggggg!! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Steady:

Wow I am so impressed. To have accomplished what you have under trying times is amazing. I have a mom who also thinks she is in prison. No easy answer. but I have brothers and sisters that carry the bulk of the load.

To be honest, I don't know how you are doing this alone. I came clean to my wife months ago and its been a difference maker in my resolve. I don't know how well I would be doing without her continued support. Do you have a close friend or other family member you can lean on? MWO is a big part of my success but having that face time, with a close family member looking over my shoulder, that's been the glue that's held me together.

Keep at it. Just keep telling yourself that you are amazing and relish what you have accomplished. Wow is all I can say.
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Congrats to Little B. And SF on 400 days. In my own turn I must say LB is my quit buddy who picked me to provide support when I was in the nest - new to my quit and shaky. She was there for me when I had tough times and aged also helped me to deal with my DH issues. Think you!
                AF since 10/20/2013
                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                ---------------------------------------
                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Greetings *insert regal wave*

Just popped in quickly and want to give Steady a :l.
                  My dad passed away this Feb and lots of other unpleasant things went on around the same time. I believe the ONLY thing that got me through without totally losing my marbles, was being and staying AF. My thoughts are with you. And, you're probably right... now is not the best time to make huge life changing decisions. Wish you all the best!

And that goes for the rest of you lot, too :l
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi, all:

Thanks for the answers. I like my drinking friends, and don't get any pressure from them - and for now MWO is really all I need.

Steady - Don't be sorry and you're not "negative." I think that posting, thinking, contemplating and discussing feelings, good and bad, is what this community is all about. My aging parents are not quite in prison, but I see my dad losing his memory rapidly. I wonder what is next for them. You are amazing to stay so STEADY through all of this. And incidentally, you are one of the people whose nest welcome I remember, so I have been following you ever since.

So happy to celebrate 400 days with you, and with the gentle and wise Little Beagle. And TJAF - I'd be getting excited, too. Great stuff. I, too, have the confidence and support of my husband, so I DO have some face to face accountability.

Love this thread! Is Elvis in the building?

xo
                    Pav

Comment

Thankyou so very much for your replies, Samstone, NoSugar, Byrdie, TJAF, Myluck, Sunshine_gg and Pavati - you have no idea what it means to me at this time. I have friends 'offline', but when i'm feeling low i find it extremely difficult to initiate contact.
                      I'm crying as i type this; I'm so grateful for your kind words of support. :upset:

It certainly is worth remembering how much WORSE things could be if i was to drink al. I did have serious thoughts about it over the weekend, but i know from what i've learned here on MWO and my own previous experience, that it wouldn't be "a couple of drinks, just for today." Slipping back into alcohell (because that's what would happen)has no appeal whatsoever.

best wishes to all, and heartfelt thanks,
                      Steady
                      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

I haven't thought to stop in this thread lately & I'm missing a lot!

SL is official now - wonderful!

Steady, sorry you are dealing with so much on your own. As nice as it would be to have loads of live support we are actually equipped to handle it on own - even if we don't know it at first. I found all that out myself & was surprised. Wishing you all the strength you need to keep moving forward.

Greetings to the rest of the long termers here
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

What's everyone up to? Probably out enjoying nice weather, working in the garden & other normal stuff like that
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lavande, you are right! The weather is nice, although it is a bit muggy here in Virginia. Garden and pool tomorrow. Today we have a graduation party for my daughter that we are doing it together with one of my daughter friends, at that friend's house. 100 guests will stop by between 11-3. Wish me luck and I still have homework to do for my school today is 229 days of my AF life and I love it.
                            AF since 10/20/2013
                            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                            Meat free since 09/20/2008
                            ---------------------------------------
                            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

It's gorgeous here. I'm heading out to the garden centre for perennials and veggies. I love the fact that I was out with friends last night and up early feeling great on a Saturday instead of all dragged out and shitty. What a difference a year makes!
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Hey Myluck - a double graduations party sounds like tons of fun. Hope it all went well for you & the graduates. Great on your AF time

3June, I love no hangover life too!
                                It's enough to keep me going forward, honestly! Gets better every year, honestly
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X