Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Hi, all:

I am back to loving my af life right now. I never really stopped, but I was feeling a bit flat and agitated. I got lots done this weekend, including a lot of needed hiking in the fresh air and some quality time with my family.

Congrats, MyLuck, and good to see you stop by, 3J.

Happy week, all.

Pav

Comment

Good for you Pav
      Moods come & go for all of us. Protecting our quits, anyway we can is the way to go!!!

Myluck, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :bday7:
      Hope you have a fabulous day!!!!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Birthday, My Luck!!
        Hey Pav, glad to see you back in the pink! There are sure peaks and valleys along the way on this journey. I still get them from time to time. I try to remember that if I wertr plotting this on a graph that my lowest points now would come nowhere close to my low points when I was drowning in AL. I'll take that. I'm glad you are feeling better!

Hope everyone has a great week, we have some really big numbers on these boards now...I can't remember a time when we had so many long termers!! Maybe we are tracking it better, not sure, but it is great to see! Keep up the hard work everyone! It is an investment in YOU! XO, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1669891 wrote: There are sure peaks and valleys along the way on this journey. I still get them from time to time.
          I always think of the climate change/weather maps. There are a lot of short term ups and downs but if you look at the overall picture, things are going up (good in terms of AF living, not so great for the temperature of the planet ).

And like you said, Byrdie, the down points are nothing like they used to be; a bad day now in many ways is better than a good day just a couple of years ago.

Comment

Thank you for Birthday wishes!!! Glad to have AF bd!!!
            AF since 10/20/2013
            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
            Meat free since 09/20/2008
            ---------------------------------------
            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

it is mighty quiet over here..... too quiet, Sheriff.
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Howdy, Sheriff!
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey - I just noticed we have a Friday the 13th coming up this week. Should we do something special? Throw a party? Does anyone really have friggatriskaidekaphobia ?? :H :H :H
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

oh no!! Friday the 13th comes on a Friday!!

Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Big BBQ tomorrow. (You're all invited! ) It's a tradition we've been doing since the end of high school, so over 20 years now I guess. It's usually at my buddy's house, but he can't host at his house year because his father is sick, so this year he's hosting at my house instead.

Anyway, I went shopping for the BBQ tonight with some friends and one asks what beer I want. So right there in the middle of the supermarket, I came clean to my friends and said that I no longer drink alcohol. Been hiding the secret too long. One said, "Really? Why?" about 30 times, and I just said, "I don't. Haven't had a drink since last November." Then he said, (hopefully, jokingly! :H) "Should we even buy beer this year?"

Feels good to get that secret out. Now I won't have to worry about explaining away why I'm drinking soda all the time anymore when we get together, or hoping no one questions the "non-alcoholic" in tiny print on my beer bottle. I just don't drink alcohol anymore. That's all.
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Hey, good for you Elvis!!!!
                        You never know, you just may influence your friends in a good way
                        Hope your BBQ is fun.

I am having a small family gathering tomorrow. My son usually shows up with a few bottles of beer for himself & his Dad, no one else drinks anymore
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Elvis, have a good time at BBQ - I totally see how this confession can make you feel better. I will do this too when I have a chance. Way to go!
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Congratulations on "coming out" Elvis! Feels good eh? I think it's easier to say once you have some time under your belt. It's been a year and still I find people who don't know I've quit asking me why. I just tell them I was drinking too much and I didn't like it. That once I quit for a while I liked it so much I decided to quit forever!
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Great job, Elvis! So good to hear that you are thriving!
                              It is truely inspiring that just this one action of quitting drinking affects so many other things in a positive way.

Just back home and settling in and doing the wash. My dog was so happy to ge home she was jumping around and hurt her ankle. Poor baby. I have her on the heating pad.

Hope everyone had a great Fathers Day! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

fathers done been and gone and now it has become hot, that drenching hot where I can't drink enough water. I feel like a bloated fleshed line aquarium in the evening when lying down. We don't have AC so the fans stir the hot air around till it finally cools off at night. I'll never forget years ago when I worked a night at a print shop. It had been one of those humid triple digits deals for a week. Came home about 3 am and everyone in a town I passed through seemed to be out on their porches... coolest part of the day!

So how's everybody faring these day here in Spamalot? Hoping this too shall pass.

Elvis, so very well done there friend. Saying aloud really affirms your position! I was at a recent wedding and friends said I was on the wagon, left me alone about it. But a part of me wanted to exclaim, "on the wagon hell, I'm in the driver's seat!". They left me alone so I let it alone.

Hope everyone is doing well, enjoying whatever season it is where you is.
                                Sam
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X