100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I would like to join this thread....
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

oops... wait a minute. I think I need to make 100 days and then join?
      I thought it meant you are making your next goal 100 days AF?
      Anyhow, I think it is a nice thread either way

Comment

Eloise;1679243 wrote: oops... wait a minute. I think I need to make 100 days and then join?
        I thought it meant you are making your next goal 100 days AF?
        Anyhow, I think it is a nice thread either way
        You're well on your way to 100 days, Eloise ! See you SOON!

Comment

Well, we almost got rained out of seeing James Taylor, but Hurricane Arthur finally moved out an hour or so before the show. It is an outdoor venue, we had lawn seats. Everyone cheered when the sun peeked through for a moment. It was a great show. He has performed at this location for 20 some years. He was relaxed and in the moment. We are most familiar with the older tunes, but it was nice to hear his current musicians and how they influence his mix.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

i like your sobriety tool link Sunbeam. I am going to add it to my signature so I have it in a pinch. Thanks!

Comment

Eloise, that list gave me the ideas to not just quit drinking, but how to change my life. I wish you great success.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hey Eloise
                stop in any ol time... you're getting closer everyday to the magic #... by the way, I clicked on your link at the bottom, which is the same as Sunbeam and got an error page. Thought you might like to know. How goes it in the land of windmills?
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Brydlady

Life good when Strom passed away. For me a bit of storm is on now a days. We have been supplying a product for 4 years to a customer and suddenly its not working. It just dont make sence but its happening. Last 24 hours and more have been a night made. Found not sleep this night here in bangkok. Not worried but anxious and worried. Not this a feeling which I am not used to but here it is. Its 7 am here a business meeting at 10 am.

Let's hope storm for me passes away this week
                  Rahul
                  --------------------------------------------
                  Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                  Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                  Rebooting ... done ...
                  Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Rahul, I hope your storm passes soon. You have the backing of your whole company behind you. Try not to worry until somebody tells you to. Try to sort thru your feelings, this is a test for you...I know you can do it! Your company will figure out how to handle your crisis. The best thing for you is to keep your head clear!! Please keep checking in and let us know how it goes. I believe in you! You got this! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Rahul, stay calm no matter what goes on.
                      Knowing that we just cannot control everything & every situation takes most of the pressure off. At least it does for me
                      Let us know how you are doing. Better days are ahead!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Have not slept for about 30 hours. Now going to bed. Tomorrow will be a better day I hope so. Than ks all for the support. Please there is zero attraction towards alcohol.

Picture this came to Thailand met the owner of the company who is in same like of business as we are but maybe 10 or 20 times bigger. So the Merc S class, just back from playing golf met him for coffee then lavish lunch shark fin soup and more exotic dishes. Open dinner and drinks invitation but refused as I dont drink ! He was surprise d u are 36 ... U want to live longer ? (The owner of this company was 73 years old).

And me struggling with my work related problems and then my mind which is not going to peace. Keep thinking thinking ...

Tomorrow will be a better day.
                        Rahul
                        Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Rahul, so good to hear from you.
                          I know that your work is stressful at the moment, but having a clear head is surely helping you sort thru it all. I know it is with my job. If you imagine us as old people sitting on the porch reflecting about our lives, I bet this blip we are having at work will not even register....in a year from now, will we even remember it? Hang in there. We all hit some crap in life and it's your turn, but it doesn't have to mean a total derailment (losing our quit). We are thinking of you....try and get some rest!!! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Rahul, so glad this big stress isn't giving you any reason to turn towards alcohol. (Have an ice cream )

I just heard something on the most recent Bubble Hour podcast that got me thinking. A woman raised the issue that many mid- to long-term sober people seem to have a line drawn somewhere that they know they won't cross but that there are particular crises that they think, if they have to face, might be overwhelming enough that they'd allow themselves a drink. I would like to think that I don't have a line like that but since I sometimes worry about how I'll handle the death of someone I love or something like that, it made me wonder if there is a line somewhere there in my brain.

I've appreciated some of you such as Byrdie sharing your experiences as you made it past big crises sober. Its good to have role models. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting thing to think about. If I do have a line hidden back in my brain, I want to get it erased!!

Hope everyone's having a good day!

Comment

NS, that line you speak of.......
                              Since I quit AL my husband of 37 years walked out (for unknown reasons other that his own chronically dark mood). I didn't drink.
                              My older brother passed away 1 year ago today at the age of 67. I didn't drink.
                              My husband returned (for unknown reasons 6 weeks ago) shortly before our 41st anniversary. I did not drink.
                              All I can say is I took the option of drinking & smoking off the table almost 5 1/2 years ago. I do not drink

It's always a choice & I choose each & every day not to drink.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks all ! Slept well and still feeling sleepy but feeling lot better. Today is another day ...
                                Rahul
                                Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Working...
                                X