100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I miss Cherokeer, too. Hope all is well.

I actually really like beer, and my mouth can still water when I see a good one, or people are oooohing and aaaaaahing. That's why I stay away from NA beer - I think it would awaken the taste in my, and I don't think NA beer is supposed to be very good. I guess it is getting better and better, but I'll stick to my soda water. Thanks for the post, NS.

Night.

Comment

Interesting!
      I almost always just order water at night at restaurants, and I drink out of the big ole honking glass that it comes in. Apparently, in my old age, I'm getting really sensitive to caffeine, so if I have a diet coke, I toss and turn, PLUS (and this may be even more telling) I LIKE diet coke so I drink more and therefore, I pee all night! Drinking just water is sort of a deterrent for me, I don't drink so much and I can make jokes about it during dinner....'Better cut me off, or I'll be up all night!'

If I'm with a group and I just order water, I never get stuck with the check.

I am rather paranoid about this, if I were to get a drink with AL in it, I am spitting it back into the glass....I have worked too dam hard for my quit, and I'm not going to give Dick Head any leverage to weasel in. I may be able to survive an accidental sip, but this is not a gamble I'm willing to take. This is just me! I know how I operate! I can just hear my VOICE say....see? You can take ONE little sip and be ok...why not try the Rum balls? I hope everyone isn't like me, and would be ok, I'd sure like to think I could handle it, but then again, I never thought I'd be an alcoholic either....
      Paranoid? Yes. Sober? You betcha! xxoo
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
        Hi,

I miss Cherokeer, too. Hope all is well.

I actually really like beer, and my mouth can still water when I see a good one, or people are oooohing and aaaaaahing. That's why I stay away from NA beer - I think it would awaken the taste in my, and I don't think NA beer is supposed to be very good. I guess it is getting better and better, but I'll stick to my soda water. Thanks for the post, NS.

Night.
        Yeah, actually you are right now that I think about it..I know many beer fans who love craft beers and quality micro-brews and such and don't really get too carried away doing it...and I have had some really good ones in the past too..its really the NA beers that don't really taste that good to me..seem kinda watered down and bitter. Or it could be that my because mom drank cheap crap beer in excess while I was growing up (and still does) so maybe I'm just a little soured on the that stuff..but this is not a beer review blog, so I will stop there ...:happy2:
        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

:grouphugs:Hey friends, I have arrived.
          I actually sent cherokeer a PM the other day, she is doing fine and said she had been very busy..

Kinda on the fence with non al beers, when I drank beer I drank the heavier, micro brew, crafted ales. The non al ones really taste like ass in my opinion. I get that it gives us something to hold and fight off the never ending question of " how come your not drinking" ,, that and maybe I just have a bad memory of it, in some of my earlier attempts at quit,I pounded the shit out of non al beer. I feel it may have triggered my spiral descent? But I don't know. I have found the soda with a lime in a cocktail glass seems to do the trick for me.

I did find the blog that NS posted to be an interesting view on it.

Thank's everyone! Glad to be in the century club
          AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Welcome, Matt!

Early on in my fight against alcohol, I used to recreate the wine drinking experience with an AF beverage in a wine glass, but I don't do that any more. I'm happy with coffee or tea usually, I might have a soda in a restaurant. I'm done drinking and pretending I'm drinking.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Since we are still on the NA subject..1 drink I enjoy now occasionally (and even give to my kids ) is mixing cranberry-raspberry juice (fresh or frozen is fine) with lemon- lime soda (I use diet 7up) and serve over ice….I think they call in a Tornado Twist or something catchy like that…great punch for holiday parties, etc. too or even mix it with vanilla ice cream for kids...or yourself
              (Ok, honestly I used to mix mine with vodka in it in the past, but now I notice it’s even better without !...go figure :eek-new: )
              “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbeam View Post
                I'm done drinking and pretending I'm drinking.
                I'm with you there, Sunbeam. I'm not ashamed not to be drinking alcohol and I don't like soda or juice so tea, coffee, or water is fine with me and as it turns out, everyone around me.

Comment

Yo y'all,

Yes, where are you Cherokeer? Hope all's ok.

No non AL beer for me. That minute, pesky, irritating .000000001% of booze in it disturbs me big time, so i won't touch it. If it doesn't reawaken my physiology, i know it will reawaken my lizard brain thinking, and this game is far too tricky for any possible shenanigans.

Have a fab weekend everyone. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

WELCOME Matt! Great to see you here.

Yes, I don't want that .0000000001 % either. i like sparkling water (have one of those things to make my own), to which I add (if I have it) a touch of mango lemonade and a squeeze of lime. I actually have my whole family drinking them. STL - mine used to have vodka in them, too, so I wasn't sure at first, but not a trigger at all.

Happy weekend, everyone.
                    Pav

Comment

Welcome Matt and STL, i was itching to see what was on this thread but had to put in the hard yards before i even looked on here. I was like a kid at a candy shop and the waiting killed me.

I dont go anywhere near af al drinks. I know my brain would start thinking illogical thoughts which it seems to do anyways.

when i had a quit before i decided i would smoke pot instead of drink. Epic fail also so now its just non al drinks. Im not normal straight so stoned was sooo not good.

have a great weekend.
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

My favorite drink these past almost 6 years has been - decaf green tea- straight up!!!! LOL
                        Honestly, I drink it hot, cold, room temperature ~ whatever
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post

Im not normal straight so stoned was sooo not good.
                          Hehe.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hah, Ava. You conjured a memory for me.

My grandmother was a pretty bad alcoholic. She would be sober for a while, go on a bender, and then be sober for a while. Most of her bad drinking was when my mom was young. Later in life she smoked pot that my cousins brought her so she wouldn't drink, and eventually she started growing her own - two plants on the small balcony of her apartment. One time she was cooking and the kitchen caught on fire - she was so worried that she would be arrested for the pot that she ran out and hid in her car. The firemen couldn't find her and were worried about how the fire started..

I always just knew her as a character - I have heard and laughed at many stories about her, but she died when I was fairly young (and she was fairly young). I never felt the sadness of her alcoholism until looking back from a sober point of view.

Comment

Everyone HAD to smoke pot back in the early 70's. Fun it was but it messed horribly with my memory & I didn't like that one bit. My brother had some plants the size of Christmas trees, LOL
                              Glad we all stopped that nonsense
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey G, I am back. I was so busy with work and putting on a baby shower I barely had time to sleep. And of course Friday I started a migraine that stayed until I spent 6 hours in the ER then 7 shots later still could barley keep my eyes open. Misery!! But better today, shower is over. Of course I missed it since I was throwing my pancreas up in the ER. What a life!

Comment

Working...
                                X