No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, dang!! I missed this.... a big congrats there Pav and wishing you many more!!!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
      All good here, too! My 4th sober holiday and they get better each year!
      I am so thankful for my sobriety and My MWO friends! B
      Wow, I didn't realize that Byrdie! Congratulations on your 4th Holiday Season, see... it can be done guys!
      :flowerspop::flowerspop::flowerspop:
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the unpickled blog excerpt NS. It's a good one. A reminder as Pav says, that we have other things to work on aside from just stopping drinking. For me this means growth, and growing/becoming the man i am meant to be, or at least my best, and taking care in how i become that man. i.e. Not allowing myself to get too overwhelmed with growing, change, the new me and all it entails. It also means for me at least, not taking on too much, but taking on enough to grow and challenge myself.

Geez, the word 'grow' turns up there often don't it?! :welcome:

Have a great weekend y'all. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
          Hi all,

Thanks for the unpickled blog excerpt NS. It's a good one. A reminder as Pav says, that we have other things to work on aside from just stopping drinking. For me this means growth, and growing/becoming the man i am meant to be, or at least my best, and taking care in how i become that man. i.e. Not allowing myself to get too overwhelmed with growing, change, the new me and all it entails. It also means for me at least, not taking on too much, but taking on enough to grow and challenge myself.

Geez, the word 'grow' turns up there often don't it?! :welcome:

Have a great weekend y'all. G
          kinda grows on you, don't it?

happy 4th Byrdie!!!
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings everyone & happy Tuesday!
            How's everyone doing with their holiday shopping, wrapping, baking, decorating, etc??

I need to get started, LOL
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

This is a great thread I just want to say HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks, Dan, this is a nice thread. Congratulations on your 2 AF years.

Well, Lav, I'm not ahead of the game, I'm afraid, but I'm enjoying making a few things for some people - sewing, food gifts, jewelry. Some recipients want the easy but boring gift card - hard to put too much love in those but it does appeal to my practical nature (and dislike of shopping). With all your grandkids, surely you've begun!!!

Comment

baking, wrapping, shopping, what's going on???

April Fools??
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi Dan, don't think we've met! Congrats to you on your two AF years & glad you found us

NS, I only have three grandkids but it sometimes feels like a lot more, LOL
                    I am finished shopping for them & even wrapped their gifts. Now I need to finish for the adult kids, they all got gift cards last year & at this rate just may be getting them again this year.

Sam, so what did you get me for Christmas? Ha Ha!!!
                    I may even decorate the chicken coop this year ~ maybe
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning Lav
                      I don't know, haven't decided what to get you, maybe a fancy bee hive! Your tip on the light for the chickens btw has helped! Thanks!
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello Everyone, hope the holidays are going well for all. :egad:

G, your post hit the nail on the head me. I have just decided that its now time to work on myself physically and get back into shape. I didn't worry about it the first few months purposely as I tend to over-commit and over-extend myself until I crash and burn. For the first time in a couple of years I am starting to care about how I look and feel.

I thought the holidays would be hard. Nope, I enjoyed cooking Thanksgiving dinner and actually being present with my family. I laughed and enjoyed my grown children. One of them brought out their old Nintendo and games from when they were quite young. They played their hearts out, yelling and screaming obscenities at each other. I laughed so hard at their rowdy back and forth. I enjoyed every precious minute. I missed so much drinking through previous holidays. Never again.

Comment

Hi friends,
                          Dan, welcome to this thread. I find myself posting more often on the gratitude thread. It's such a great tool for maintaining my sobriety.

I think we will be visiting a model train display today in the big city. It is a year-round display of local terrain, but feels like a festive seasonal outing.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi, All:

Welcome, Dan. Two years is great.

I have NO desire to shop, and no time to make/create. I wish I could skip the holidays and just give throughout the year. Well I guess I could to that second part... Hard to do the first with two kids. I wouldn't mind making gifts - I'll have to find my creative streak this year.

I would love a decorated chicken coop. Do the girls mind?

Pav

Comment

Pav, my chickens seem to appreciate anything I give them or do for them
                              A few days ago I tossed them my un-carved pumpkin (left over from Halloween). They spent the weekend pecking that thing apart until there was nothing left but the skins. They are very food-centric, Ha Ha!!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, perhaps I was a chicken in a former life, because I am very food centric, too! As I re-incarnate, it's good to see I'm moving up in the pecking order!

Dan, it's great to see you! 2 years is stupendous! Were you able to do that on your own? My hat is off to you if you did. I tried for YEARS before I found this place, and even then, it took a year to get all the noise out and finally get sober. We're glad you're here!

Hoping to catch up on some administrative work this week....online courses and crap I've been putting off...need to clean out my emails, etc. I want to play hooky but I don't have anyone to play with.

Have a great day, everyone!! I'll be learning about Conflicts of Interest and Anti Bribery. uke: (I'd rather do math equations!!!) YUCK! XXOO, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X