No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously Brydie... 16 months is a little hard to believe, huh? Oh, well... that said I miscalculated AGAIN and tomorrow is actually the 16th month. You don't have to congratulate me again :biglove:

We had a seriously nice horse ride in the duines tonight and I do not care if I am in crappy mood. It will pass, right.
    Yup it will.

Gonna focus on the fact I am almost headache free these days, that is something to be grateful for!
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Greetings everyone at this halfway point in September!!!
      Wow, time flies when you're busy doing what you're supposed to be doing

Byrdie, I sure hope your vision remains stable & you don't have to go thru what your Dad did :hug:
      Keep focusing on what's good today which is all we really have, right?

Rahul, glad to see you remaining strong in your quit. I'm sure you are gathering plenty of travel memories to put a good book together - some day.

Eloise, a headache free day is a blessing, yay!

Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

There is an interesting post about a person trying to become a forum member but cannot get on the site. Wonder if the admin will attend to the problem. Response to tech problems here are poorly handled. It is too bad as I have found MWO very prominent in my successful quit. Others may not be getting that chance which would be a shame.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I saw that, Sam. I'm afraid the administration is gone. And with MWO no longer coming up in Internet searches, there are no new members and haven't been for awhile. A couple weeks ago I noticed there were only 247 "active members" (whatever that means). Today it is down to 228. And no way are 228 people posting regularly! I stopped my paid subscription several months ago in frustration with the site but I've still got my pencil :wink: so they're clearly not keeping track of such things. Maybe they're just going to let it fade away. I'm sorry about that because I sure appreciate what I gained here. Fortunately, there are many active Stop Drinking websites that people looking for help should be able to find. I considered moving to SoberRecovery but it felt too big and busy and I realized that it is the people here that matter to me. Our ground up approach to fixing this place hasn't turned out to make much difference, I'm sad to say. The person in charge needs to actually care and be actively involved, I think, and that isn't the case anymore.

Comment

Hi folks. Haven't been on for a while due to anxiety getting the better of me, exhaustion too. Been waiting to feel better to post. (Which hasn't happened yet.) Anyway, very sorry to read that the site's got problems; would be awful if it disappeared. Posting from my phone. Hope everyone's okay. Will check back in on weekend from my P.C. so I can read back. Take care, peace, Steady
            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hey Steady, it's good to hear from you.
              Sorry to hear about your anxiety, I was reading another couple members expressing a similar situation. Remember, we are here to support you, and we are great listeners!

Hope everyone has a great day! B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Steady,
                ditto what Byrdie wrote. We be here for you.
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

NS, not ever sure if the powers that be are ever around either. People write here and there needing a response and get none, yet so far the spam seems to be at bay so someone must be minding the ship.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Something in the air with all this anxiety flying around.
                    Bizarre. I feel totally frenzied and panic - for No apparent reason.
                    I was doing it again tonight- 100 things at the same time. Trying to do everything all at once, afraid to forget something.
                    Had to stop myself. I feel the same early in the morning.
                    More yoga? Shouldnt 45 minutes be enough?
                    I guess I will force myself to sit down and breath every hour or so? I find myseld holding my breath.
                    Last edited by Eloise; September 26, 2015, 04:08 PM.
                    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I've been posting here since 2008, It would be difficult to post elsewhere.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Eloise
                        maybe a meditation to quiet the mind chatter?

Steady, I get it about posting here, I'm kinda on the same page. It is familiar and I have a comfort zone I can sit back in.
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello guys 'n dolls... long time, no type I got frustrated after the server/format change here but I'm gonna try again to poke my head in now and then
                          Less than a month away from 2 years... Not all is rosy, but no matter what, I'd rather deal with whatever comes up sober than in a fog. How are you all doing?
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hey Sunny! Great to see you! Congrats on 2 years! Have thought of you many times and hoped ypu were doing well! Stick around! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi sunshine. Little over 2 years for me. Not all is rosie, but that's the beauty of it all. If we go into this thing with the expectation that our everyday lives all of sudden become perfect we in for a big disappointment. Life goes on. Our families are who they are. Our jobs are what they are. Our neighborhoods remain the same. The only difference is that we have given ourselves a fighting chance at making positive changes. Alcohol only offers a mirage
                              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Eloise has 5 of those 100 days!!!
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X