Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for my monthly check in, ha ha!
    Welcome to the new arrivals with 100+ AF days, very nice

Congrats on the weight loss Elvis, great work!
    I never lost an ounce when I quit either & actually gained 13 lbs. because I quit smoking around the same time. Wow, it has taken some time & some work but I did get rid of that!
    At this point I just want to be healthy & not focus on what the stupid scale says

Welcome aihfl! We are happy for you & your steady progress.
    The longer you are AF the easier it becomes to let those thoughts just pass by. Thoughts do no harm & can actually serve as reminders - 'I don't do that anymore'!

Wishing everyone a fun & safe July 4th!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome, aihfl, and congrats on your 100 days. I still have thoughts of a nice cold glass of wine on hot days, but it isn't something I actually want. Life changes, that's for sure. It is just a memory for me.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Aihfl and Laeot, so glad you are here!

We always have to be vigilant and never lose sight of what we worked so hard to achieve. Yes, 'those thoughts' still come from time to time, but I dont give them a chance to get legs! Staying close to support is the key! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

For you, Lav
          image.jpeg
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm visiting my cousin in California for a few days and I wasn't looking forward to coming up with excuses, and finding new ways to say "no" every time he offered me a drink. Debating whether I just wanted to get it over with and tell him, and have the whole Q&A session that would surely follow. We don't see each other a lot since he's moved to the West Coast, but he's not just a cousin, more like a brother to me, but he also was an old reliable drinking buddy when I needed him to be. He'd understand and support me, but there would be questions.

Anyway he picks me up at the airport and he starts going over a list of his plans for us for the week and what supplies he needs to pick up to make my stay more enjoyable, and he says something like, "Because of my medication I don't really drink that much...." and before he finishes the sentence I say, "It's ok, I no longer drink anything anymore at all" and then I realize what I said waiting for the third degree, and he says "Ok, good, that makes our supply run easier" and moves on to the next thing. So I got stressed out over nothing. It's funny how life gives you pleasant surprises sometimes.

Have a great day everyone!
            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

What a great story, Elvis! Your cousin's excuse is one suggested often around here. Maybe he also realized he had a problem and like you, has gotten that millstone off from around his neck. Maybe somehow it will come out that you've both been down the same road and that would probably bring you even closer together. In any event, I hope you have a great trip and a special time.

Comment

Ha! Maybe... though his medicine appears to be weed, so that might have something to do with it. Not my thing, but he says it helps, so I'm not judging. He says he used to drink a lot, but now hardly touches it anymore. We do share some alcoholic DNA on that side of the family, so who knows? I didn't want to press it, at least not tonight.
                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Three years today...feeling pretty good! Just saying
                  Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

TJAF!!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

TJ happy 3rd birthday what a wonderful job you are doing. Have a happy day today you deserve it. x
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Elvis, what a wonderful story! How did I miss that? I hope you had a good visit. So true, mostvof what we worry about never happens.

TJAF, wow, Three Years! That is amazing!!! I am so happy for you! I always look forward to your thoughtful perspective! Keep up the great work!!!
                        :three:
                        Hugs, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Way to go, TJAF!! So happy that you popped in to share your milestone with us.

Comment

:welldone: CONGRATS ON 3 AF YEARS TJ :yay:
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Sunbeam, I just saw your world chicken pic, thanks!,
                              Who knew???? Ha ha
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

It made me smile and think if you, both good things.

Comment

Working...
                                X