No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My day revolved around getting/consuming/recovering, also, Alpro. For awhile after quitting, I felt like the days lasted for about 36 hours each! It was hard to figure out how to fill all of them, haven given up so many friends and hobbies at the insistence of my toxic friend, AL!! Well, now that I do a lot of "stuff" again, I'm afraid the days are back to being a little too short - can't possibly accomplish all I want and need to do. On the other hand, what a gift to actually care about things again and to have goals and desires. It is shocking what AL takes from us slowly and insidiously so we're not even aware of all we're giving up. It is great to be LIVING again! I'm so glad you're free, too :love:.

Comment

Greetings 100 Day Clubbers,

Was on a tram today, and noticed the electronic sign inside with the date running across it was wrong - it read 30/12/2010....This made me giggle, and then I thought about the fact that I would not want to be back in 2010, when I was still drinking and making a mess of everything. Things are just so much better now!

Viva Sobriety! :yay:

Steady
      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hi, All:

I haven't checked in here in a while. I would have been mad if it went away before I got to 100 days. Maybe we should resurrect it? I have the same problem everyone else does... Time is NOT on my side.

El - so great to see you check in. I still can't believe you're living in China. What an amazing adventure you are on. Glad you got that teaching gig, and glad you're slowly adjusting.

I have been eating very poorly for the last couple of weeks, and my mood/body are letting me know that I need to make better choices. I look forward to getting a reboot on my health in January. I usually am better at moderating my eating but this has been a bad few weeks. I have been very busy and not cooking well, which was a bad way to lead into the month.

See you all soon.
        Pav

Comment

Heellooo!
          Miss you guys. Worked straight through the past holiday weeks with just a couple of days of rest here & there.

Today is 961 af days for me. All I think about is how GLAD I am I stopped drinking.
          Adjusting to my new life would have been impossible I think.
          I see the ongoing damage alcohol causes to my colleagues, incredible really. I am trying very hard not to judge but feel empathy as I know how difficult it is to kick this habit. And maybe even more so if you try to do it and are not experiencing health or other enormous problems that are impossible to ignore. Maybe for a lot of people it is just a situation of 'it would be better to quit but I don't have to....' so we continue.
          That was how I saw it while I was drinking.
          Now I see things quit differently.
          I see it as taking back my time, my thoughts, my life. Wow are we every lucky to have gotten rid of this habit guys! Big thank goodness on that one.
          Happy New Year,
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Happy New Year Everyone! Third consecutive New Year's day sober! Today is day 915 for me!

Comment

This thread is my goal!

Comment

We'll be waiting for you JKM!!! You will make it! :happy2:
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

HAPPY 2017 EVERYONE!!!

Apparently I forgot to get on the thread here to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Granny brain, ha ha!!!

Glad to see new 100 day members join the club
                  Great to see you Eloise!

Looking forward to celebrating my 8 years AF in March - Wow!!!
                  We can all do this!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy new year Folks, lets march on.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Halleluja pilgrims!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Jkm123 View Post
                        This thread is my goal!
                        go for it ..you can do it!!!! happy noo year everyone.....
                        Last edited by Mick; January 3, 2017, 05:23 PM.
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Yay - I have been looking for this thread and finally found it! I know, I should've asked someone and I know y'all would've pointed me in the right direction - I just never remembered to ask while I was actually on the site.

Anyway, I'm on day 164 and so happy to join this group if you'll have me. I've got to read back and catch up on the happenings but will do so pronto!
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

This thread was pretty active during my first 3 months, Wags, and I aspired to be here. I so wanted to be one of "them". But, I was so insecure and intimidated, I thought I wasn't supposed to even READ this thread. When I did, I felt like I did when I was a kid sitting at the top of the stairs spying on my parents when they had a party! I also didn't think I should read or participate in the Army thread (military only!), the southern hemisphere thread, the threads that seemed like a closed group of friends, and on and on and on! I had lost all the self-confidence I used to have and had reverted to being the people-pleasing, rule-abiding, good girl I'd been as a child. On the other hand, the re-emergence of perfectionism and over-achievement helped me stay AF so I guess that regression wasn't entirely a bad thing! Maybe we need a 1000-day thread around here :wink:.

Comment

Wags ...congrats on your 164 days...this is a big lump of alcohol free time...hope it has shown life in a different light for you..the realisation that you are in charge and not a bottle of falling down juice!!
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Wags. Welcome and Happy New Year's to all. I'm still chugging along...oops poor choice of words. Aside from a serious fall off the sugar wagon. (Christmas cookies are the bomb) I'm doing well. As all have heard. My son was in a terrible car crash that killed three others including my precious once and future daughter in law. He is healing and I'm still alcohol free. Surprised a bit but I really never gave it much thought until my wife overreacted when I offered someone a glass of wine at dinner. She was convinced I was on the verge of a relapse. So sorry that I broke her trust when drinking that she has to worry that I will relapse when there is stress in our lives. That is the price I will have to pay for the rest of our lives together. I'm sure others can relate. As for our new 100 day members. Congrats again. It's all downhill from here. You did it. You are past the physical stage so the only enemy you have is complacency. Never forget from once you came. Cheers all
                                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Working...
                                X