No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunbeam, that is horrendous news, and all of us are/were subject to that fate. It is so sad when addicition claims a life, I conisder myself extremely fortunate to be sober.

Eloise, wishing you well over there and hope thatcrelations improve between you and your hubs.

Laoet, we will be here to celebrate with you when you hit that year!!! THAT is a great feeling!
    Staying sober is 1000 times easier than starting over! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

That's terrible Sunbeam but unfortubally not at all uncommon. Last year my cousin in London in his 50,s died from alcohol, he sat in his room for years just getting up to go to work in st Thomas hospital London, When he started feeling unwell the dr told him he had cirrhosis of the liver & there was a slight chance if he stopped they could do something to help, his choice was to keep drinking & he died six months later, this only last year.

Must say the denial of my family & his that he even had a drinking problem was annoying to me ( if that's the right word) as he was always in work.

RIP to them all & aren't we all so lucky to be here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Had to drive up and back for work today to my old home town of Dublin. This used to be an opportunity for a driving pub crawl on the way back stopping at 3 or 4 towns on the way back down south. Today I settled for sweets and orange juice driving home through those same towns ...

I've come a long way ...
        ------------------------------------------------
        AF 17th March 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Laeot View Post
          Had to drive up and back for work today to my old home town of Dublin. This used to be an opportunity for a driving pub crawl on the way back stopping at 3 or 4 towns on the way back down south. Today I settled for sweets and orange juice driving home through those same towns ...

I've come a long way ...
          you have indeed and well done to you..good trade off
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good work laoet, you must be feeling great & proud of your self, and rightly so.

Comment

Hello, you undrunk people. I have 937 days today. ODAAT. Thanks to all of you for the help. I can't do this thing alone.

Comment

Congrats to you, ALpro! There is nothing like alcohol freedom.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi guys....

992 days af today. I am back in Europe traveling, doing fine, cold but happy to be home.
                  Internet works, what a pl a Sure!
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi Everyone

After being a member of this forum for a few years, I have finally reached the big 100!

I am so very grateful for the support I've received over the years.

This time is different, I have no desire to try and moderate.

Why would I want to? I feel free!!

YNo x
                    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Congratulations, YNo. Never look back :hug:

Comment

Welcome Y-no.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome :-)
                          AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Originally posted by Wine-no! View Post
                            Hi Everyone

After being a member of this forum for a few years, I have finally reached the big 100!

I am so very grateful for the support I've received over the years?

This time is different, I have no desire to try and moderate.

Why would I want to? I feel free!!

YNo x
                            I call myself a slow learner, also posted here a few years before quitting for good. Congrats on your success!
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Awesome YNo - congrats on the century mark!!!
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi all 331 days here.

I still have the uncertainty of a possible DUI hanging over me like a cloud ands it's driving me clinically insane. My life feels like it's on hold..Still sober though...
                                ------------------------------------------------
                                AF 17th March 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X