100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Thanks Byrdlady for reply. In times of despair I reach out to myway out !!
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hope you're feeling better these days Rahul. Always good to see you friend.

100 days here today! Once more i am back. I can say this time around i'm feeling a little excited about this milestone. I only have today, so i'll make sure i look after that. Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You’re back where you belong, [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]!

Look who’s in the 100 Club now: me & Mr. G!
        Last edited by Slo; December 21, 2018, 08:23 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slo View Post
          You’re back where you belong, [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]!

Look who’s in the 100 Club now: me & Mr. G!
          Right on Sister Slo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glad you both are here, [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Don’t ever leave :hug:.

Comment

Welcome Slo and G, i remember so wanting to peak on the 100 day thread before i had 100 days and when i did hit the 100 it was a pretty special occasion. Keep up the great work
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

William and Kate decided to get married on my 100 day milestone, :haha: It WAS a big day! So proud, G and Slo, keep up the great work!
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

I forgot about this thread, but I do remember how excited I was to post here. Way to go, SLO and G!

xo

Comment

I remember early on in my recovery journey listening in awe to the people who reached 100 days sober talk about their successes. I was no less elated when I hit my 100 day milestone when I expected I would be healed and then and prepared to "fly the outpatient nest". The thought of graduating the program after 100 days actually terrified me as yes, by then I had confidence to say no to alcohol but I was not yet prepared to say yes to a sober life under my own power. I am glad I spent another 80 days in the program and flew the nest at 6 months and landed on fairly solid ground. Today I have 228 days and my resolve and confidence only gets stronger each and every day I live life sober.
                    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                    Watch this and find out....
                    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

It sounds like you found a fabulous, supportive program, [MENTION=5134]4theboyz[/MENTION]! Was it a particular type of intervention? It sounds to me like you are no longer doing this for your boys, but also for YOU :smile:.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        It sounds like you found a fabulous, supportive program, [MENTION=5134]4theboyz[/MENTION]! Was it a particular type of intervention? It sounds to me like you are no longer doing this for your boys, but also for YOU :smile:.
                        No intervention or no easy clear-cut answer either NoSugar all self directed by myself but my wife also put an ultimatum on the table as well. Yes I am doing this for myself primarily so I don't die and further alienate the loved ones in my family. If I did not stop last August by now I would surely be in really bad physical/medical shape as I was in a nose dive ready to crash and burn. The last 2 years of drinking were incredibly destructive and were on top of 15 plus years of addictive drinking habits. Safe to say I have learned a LOT and a lot more about the "why" I drank than I ever bargained for. A TON of moving parts right now, a LOT of reconciliation with my previous attempts. I feel like I was blind being led by the blind as far as my sobriety and recovery and trying not to get overly frustrated about it all. I finally read a good chunk of my thread here and really got upset and depressed by it all and trying to "see the light" as to what I can do differently that won't allow my sobriety to be jeopardized in the months to come.
                        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                        Watch this and find out....
                        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

4, it is a lifelong party and we got an invitation. It does take daily vigilance and support. I'm so happy about your 228+ days, and I really believe that this battle is fought one day at a time. I try not to look too far down the road, but celebrate each day that I win over AL. That's all we can do. Keep up the great work and stick with your support! Even at 8 years, I come here every single day....I never want to forget what AL did to me. Great job! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello Freinds,

YIPIEEEEE !!!!!!!

Today is my Sober Birthday ... I dont know if this is the right word ... but today I completed 6 YEARS of Sobriety !! WOHOOOOOOO !!!!

About 6.5 years ago I was sitting in a hotel room after gulping 6 bottles of BIG Bottles of high strength BEER .. and work up at 3 AM with a dry throat, loads of guilt and logged on to MWO ...

I came here saw so many posts and people struggling. and THANK GOD that I made an account on MWO and committed by self to read everyday. I got so much here ... I got life ....

I would like to share today is a special day for me. Exactly 6 year ago today I committed myself to change the path of my life to a totally new direction. I decided to embark on a journey which would lead to a personal victory. We all have deamons and bad habits to conquer. We all know about something we know we do is not good for us or makes us less than what we are ... It was today I committed myself to change, re invent my life towards a new path. The path i chose was to change my life style and embrace sobriety as a way of life. For me it was not "giving up" it was not "will power" it was wanted a change for good. Its been 6 years since I have not have any alcohol in any nor have had a smoke. This brought about a significant change in me which I cant describe. My food habits improved, I started eating heather food. Started reading, starting spending time with people whom I really enjoyed and not just because I enjoyed a drink with. I became an early riser. Tremendous health benefits : 4 year about I started cycling. I became an athlete. Did 3 x 21K run (Marathon). Started cycling. As per STRAVA I have ridden 11,103 Kms since last 4 year with longest distance of 178 KM non stop.
                            As i think of each of these destination I go back in time when i chose the fitness activity over hanging out at *Bar or eating food* hence going back in time.
                            I have biked in following places (X= number of times):
                            *USA*: Chicago (2x), New York (6x) ,
                            *Germany*: Dusseldorf(6x), Colonge(3X), Bonn(3X), Mainz, Krefeld, Koblenz, Berlin, Munich(2X), Hamburg (2X)
                            *Holland*: Amsterdam(3X)
                            *Italy*: Milan
                            *Switzerland*: Zurich(3X), Ruti(3x), Rapperswil(3x), Montreux(3x) Laussane(3x), Nyon(3x), Geneva(3x),
                            *Croatia*: BOL(2x)
                            *Denmark*: Copenhagen
                            *Spain*: Madrid
                            *Middle East*: Dubai
                            *Singapore*
                            *France*: Evian - Len - Bains
                            *England*: Southampton
                            *Goa* (5x).
                            *Delhi* (Cant count !)
                            *Hiked* almost 10 peaks in Switzerland.
                            -------------------
                            *Ran or Swim*:
                            *Spain*: Madrid, Barcelona
                            *Americas*: Phoenix, New York, Chicago, Mexico City, Penn State, Las Vegas,
                            *Switzerland* : Zurich, Rapperswil, Montreux, Laussane, Vevey, Lucerne, Interlaken, Wengen, St Gallen, Zermatt,
                            *England*: SouthHampton
                            *Germany*: Colonge, Dusseldorf, Bonn, Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Aachen,
                            *India* : Delhi,Amritsar, Ludhiana, Chandigarh, Goa, Banglore, Mumbai, Vadodara,
                            *Sri Lanka*: Colombo, Negambo
                            *Singapore*
                            *Thailand*: Phuket, Samui, Bangkok, Hua Hin
                            *Malaysia*: Kaula Lampur
                            *South Korea*: Seoul
                            *Nigeria* : Lagos
                            *Middle East*: Dubai, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi
                            *Italy*: Milan, Genoa, Florence,
                            *Holland*: Amsterdam,
                            *Belgium*: Brussels, Antwerp, Leuven
                            *Taiwan*: Taichung, Tainan
                            *Korea*: Seoul, Anyang
                            *Denmark*: Copenhagen
                            *Croatia*: Spilt, Bol
                            *Greece*: Athens, Mikanos
                            ---------------------------------
                            I was on to Cholesterol reduction meds, borderline diabetic, sinus issue, chest congestion all gone !

Embraced Gratitude & started noticing + appreciating small things : Smell, sound, rain drops, blue sky, flowers, beauty (not just pretty women), kids, family, bed time stories!

It was not will power at all but genuine desire to be more .. to get a kick from REAL stuff in life : be it sports, travel, work, family, meeting interesting people and not artificial substances which gives superficial high : food or drinks. I didnt give up anything just opened eyes to SEE so much MORE ! I cant explain it by words but I feel found and super grateful to have you all around and also being able to share.

I late so cant sleep with feeling of joy as I went past each and every place in my mind I have been in last 6 years. The Life as a journey goes on .....
                            Rahul
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                            Rebooting ... done ...
                            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Congrats on 6 years Rahul! :congrats:

Comment

Thanks for the update, Rahul! It sounds like you are enjoying and appreciating your big, busy, and exciting sober life. :hug: NS

Comment

Working...
                                X