100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9Lover;1493620 wrote: She's making dinner....her fuck rants will have to continue later.

(Yes, Kuya...rants)
    Man...now I'm going to have to stay up late to see what's going on!

Comment

K9Lover;1493620 wrote: She's making dinner....her fuck rants will have to continue later.

(Yes, Kuya...rants)
      A husband comes home late from work to find his wife sliding down the stair rail. "What are you doing?" He asks. "Keeping your dinner warm" she replies.

( I'll get my coat)

Comment

kuya;1493625 wrote: A husband comes home late from work to find his wife sliding down the stair rail. "What are you doing?" He asks. "Keeping your dinner warm" she replies.

( I'll get my coat)
        :H:H You're nasty, but I'll remember that one. :H:H

Comment

OMG!
          I'm still trying to imagine wattle tattoos kuya :H:H
          I suppose it would be easier to just dye their feathers different colors :H:H

I actually worked with someone years ago who refused to do the Santa Claus thing & the Easter bunny thing with her kids because it was lying. Poor kids
          My kids actually learned the truth about all that at the school bus stop - that's where kids learn all the important stuff about life
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yep Lav, everything important I learned in life, I learned at the bus stop! LOL

Well last night I stood in the kitchen, in the dark, shoveling down a piece of pizza...I thought "this is just wrong"....no more juice fasts for me...healthy eating ALL day long from now on!!!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi K9,

I did two separate fasts last year before I got sober. I chalk it up to my "abuse my body into recovery" approach. They are awful for sugar-sensitive people, which I think all alcoholics are. Protein in some healthy form, regular meals, keep yourself out of sugar crashes, limit that sugar, and the pounds melt away. Be sweet to yourself.

Hope that pizza was good! It is one of my favorite foods.

Cat
              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Dam...I didn't ride the bus, so that explains a lot!

K9, what a visual! A pizza binge! Those are never pretty. I imagine there is a support forum online somewhere you could join...Juice Fasters Anonymous.... Faster's Anon Times...FAT, for short. Try and pick up the pieces (not of the pie) and move forward, hunny. We are here thru thick and thin! xo, B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Byrdie! I knew you'd be here for me. FAT sounds like a good club for me. LOL

And Cat, no the pizza was not all that good. It was left over from the day before and a bit hard. I dipped it in Ranch Dressing though, so that helped! :H

I marinated some chicken and cooked it in the crockpot last night with about a POUND of fresh garlic thrown in. I am having my morning portion right now along with a hard boiled egg. Let's just say that when I sweat in the sauna tonight, all the vampires will leave.

Comment

K9Lover;1493969 wrote: Thanks Byrdie! I knew you'd be here for me. FAT sounds like a good club for me. LOL

And Cat, no the pizza was not all that good. It was left over from the day before and a bit hard. I dipped it in Ranch Dressing though, so that helped! :H

I marinated some chicken and cooked it in the crockpot last night with about a POUND of fresh garlic thrown in. I am having my morning portion right now along with a hard boiled egg. Let's just say that when I sweat in the sauna tonight, all the vampires will leave.
                    You can NEVER have too much garlic!

I have been following the Allan Carr method, large amounts of fruit in the morning, then whatever I want ( which for me is small amounts of meat/fish) and loads of salad or veg and I feel great and am continuing to lose weight gradually.
                    What I like about this method is not having to 'control' anything apart from breakfast....I eat what I want, if I want cake I eat cake.....that freedom means I actually usually WANT good food.

Comment

Which Alan Carr book are you using kuya? I have been following Slimming World which used to work well but this time has been hopeless.
                      AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

spiderwoman;1494055 wrote: Which Alan Carr book are you using kuya? I have been following Slimming World which used to work well but this time has been hopeless.
                        It is called easyweigh, not much academically but like his smoking book it seems to shift your mindset.

How are you Spidey? Good to see ya

Comment

I must have been a hardcore case.....
                          I read the Alan Carr smoking book & thought it was just stupid
                          BUT I am glad to report that I am 47 month smoke free today :yay:
                          Nicorette lozenges & pure, determined attitude helped me
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It is odd that different things resonate with each of us.

In my first week sober I had a dream where I was sipping a drink and suddenly realised I was drinking poison.......I never desired a drink after that.....something clicked in my psyche.

The Allan Carr book switched my brain from thinking it was difficult to not finding it hard at all......but LIKE drinking one puff and it is day one again.

Also with both I think there is a wave that one catches and you get a momentum that allows enough time to make lapsing too much of a loss. For me it was reaching three months sober.......also by then most of the habitual rituals and triggers are overcome. I am glad to have had Xmas just after that period.

Comment

Congrats, Lav on your smoking milestone (or nonsmoking). That is headline news!!

Ku, I agree wholeheartedly....the investments we have in our quits makes the loss too much. The Risk/Benefit ratio definitely comes into play. After I hit that 13 days mark for first time (after REPEATED 3,4,5 days...and even 12 days twice) I knew that it was too precious to ever risk again. Each time I started over it was HARDER, not easier like rational thought would dictate. 'I've done it before, I can do it again' It just didn't work that way. I guess that's why addiction is such a different animal, it defies rational thought. It makes us think black when we clearly see white...we know we shouldn't...yet we do! I think the turning point for me was when I admitted to myself that I was an alkie. In previous thinking...'I have a little problem' or 'I gotta cut down' just perpetuated it. Even calling myself a problem drinker didn't get thru to the white meat of my brain. Only when I faced the A word head on did 'a little drink' NOT sound like a good idea. Once I had that diagnosis, I could accept that one drink is lethal for me....because it's never ONE drink. But until I actually faced the music, I was going in MindCircles....I could justify 'one more weekend' or 'just this once'. I had to put a 'stop payment' on that account, and admitting I was an alkie did it for me.
                              Maybe I should do a poll on this?? Let me give that some thought......
                              Have a great Friday!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

You HAVE been lagging on the polls lately Byrdie!

Comment

Working...
                                X