100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Land's End jacket for my dog that looks similar to the photo. It really works to calm my dog down when I take her places. She doesn't go crazy and jump up on people when she has the jacket on. Also works when people come to our house to visit, she's not such a pest.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Holy Cow, where have I been all this time? I had no idea about these jackets!! I tell you, this site is something else!!
      NS, I will check out that movie, I'd heard of the cattle thing, but I did not know that it lead to other developments! Wow!!! Thanks, yall! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Hope y'all had a great weekend! We went to a wedding on Saturday (no alcohol served) and then my daughter went to a Grad party at the park on Sunday. I ate lunch and took a nap...and somehow I ended up here at work. HA I made it ALL weekend without smoking. My plan to quit on a Friday seems to be working (like I did with drinking)....might as well get days 1-3 AND the first weekend over with at once!!

Am I talking to myself here? :H
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1518013 wrote: Hi Everyone!

Hope y'all had a great weekend! We went to a wedding on Saturday (no alcohol served) and then my daughter went to a Grad party at the park on Sunday. I ate lunch and took a nap...and somehow I ended up here at work. HA I made it ALL weekend without smoking. My plan to quit on a Friday seems to be working (like I did with drinking)....might as well get days 1-3 AND the first weekend over with at once!!

Am I talking to myself here? :H
          I'm here! There seems to have been an a forum-wide defection -- All the threads seem pretty quiet.

Good job on the cigarettes - that obviously is a hugely difficult battle since you and Kuya, who both clearly are very strong people, find that to be so tough. I hope you can summon up your AL-killing strength and wipe out NIC, as well :H.

Have a good one, :h NS

Comment

Boy am I glad you're here NS! I was hearing crickets around here. LOL

Yeah, not sure WHY the cigs are so dang hard...I guess because they never got me arrested or made me wake up embarrassed over my actions...so they are easier to "overlook". That's how my addicted brain sees it anyway! I've made it 82 days smoke-free before, so I gotta get there..and beyond. But hey, I'll take it minute by minute!

The threads do seem pretty quiet right now...wonder what's going on?

Comment

Maybe there is a big party going on in a thread we don't know about :upset:.

Comment

I'll play with you!!
                My parents both smoked...I never picked it up, but always felt like an ex smoker for some reason. As if it were something that I had given up. Go explain THAT one!!

Watched 2 pretty cute movies over the weekend, Parental Guidance (Bet Midler and Billy Crystal) and Stranger than Fiction (Will Ferrell and Maggie Gyllenhall (sp). Not 4 star Denzel type movies, but cute and mindless!

K9, you should take up beading! You'll be hooked!! NoSugar is a masterbeader! :H:H:H xo, B, the average beader
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1518051 wrote: I'll play with you!!
                  My parents both smoked...I never picked it up, but always felt like an ex smoker for some reason. As if it were something that I had given up. Go explain THAT one!!

Watched 2 pretty cute movies over the weekend, Parental Guidance (Bet Midler and Billy Crystal) and Stranger than Fiction (Will Ferrell and Maggie Gyllenhall (sp). Not 4 star Denzel type movies, but cute and mindless!

K9, you should take up beading! You'll be hooked!! NoSugar is a masterbeader! :H:H:H xo, B, the average beader
                  Re: cigarettes - I'm not sure this was good parenting but it worked!: when I was 9 years old, I wanted to try my mom's cigarette. She said ok and encouraged me to inhale deeeeeeply and longgggg. Well... I thought I was gonna DIE. BUT, I was never even tempted to smoke (too bad my parents didn't drink and have me try that in a too much-too soon kind of way -- maybe I wouldn't have gotten myself into this mess!).

But if not for The Mess, I wouldn't have met my beader-buddies, Byrdie and Ann Carolina. They and all of you have been the surprise silver lining of all of this. :l

Early on Kuya told me that I would be a better person for this experience. I tried to believe her because so many of the other things she said turned out to be right but I sure wasn't feeling like this was anything but a horrible waste of years and an enormous source of pain and guilt. I'm still not glad this happened, and I'm not sure that I ever will be, but I'm beginning to accept it without so much judgement and am seeing a few things in myself that I like that have come about because I was addicted and have grown and changed getting over it.
                  So, Kuya, thanks for holding out that hope for me.

Well, I've filled up enough of the empty ether now --- maybe some of you guys are back by now! (And, Byrdie -- you are not AVERAGE in ANYTHING -- you seem to give 100% in whatever you do!).

Comment

I'm here too

Glad you mastered those first few days K9. Quitting smoking was incredibly hard for me too. I still think about the darn things all the time but I really don't want them back in my life. I was determined to never let my grandson see me smoke or drink - so far so good

NS, we are better people now. We have proven ourselves, each & every one of us!
                    I have read over & over that we need to be grateful for all of it or we wouldn't be the awesome folks we are now. I can live with that

Tired of all the rain around here this past week - even had a tornado watch on this afternoon.
                    Luckily nothing that bad happened.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

A few more days of no smoking and I should be over the "hump"...sometimes I forget I don't smoke anymore so my mind fast fowards to going outside and having my "reward" cigarette, and I can't wait...until I realize I don't do that anymore. LOL Hopefully my brain will catch up with the rest of me soon! My lungs are clearing out, they always ache for a few days as they clear out the gunk, but I see this as part of the healing. Now to focus on N.O.P.E.: Not One Puff Ever!

Byrdie - I'm sure I would get hooked on beading, which is why I have never taken it up. All I need is one more addiction...I already have the gym, the thrift store and crochet. I'm running out of time for all my vices. LOL

I am expecting a call today to invite me to another interview...I am trying to get a job at the jail. I will be the person to intake/fingerprint/photo the new arrivals. Sounds interesting, no? LOL

Comment

This is just a gross story, but I had to tell someone.
                        As I've been trying to drop a few pounds, I've really been watching what I eat for dinner. I've been having a flat bagel with a small amount of peanut butter on it in the evenings. It's yummy and it really hangs in there all night!
                        Last night I toasted my bagel, got the peanut butter out, grabbed the knife and I remembered I'd forgotten my napkin, so I got up to get one. Returned and nabbed the knife and got a blob of peanut butter and I noticed it was moving. There must have been hundreds of ants inside the jar of my Peter Pan! I sat there in dejected disbelief! How could it be that this holiest of holy food had been contaminated by such vermin? The crunchy aspect of the butter itself being mocked by an army of toothless beasts? I crammed the bagel into the jar and shut it (much like locking the barn after the horses escape). My countertop was teaming with them. I grabbed the 409 and squirted them good. I bet I've cleaned that counter off 50 times since. I can still see the dam gluttonous things moving about in no particular direction. It was awful.
                        Thanks for listening. Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

K9, after 4 years smoke free I still find myself thinkg...I'll go have a smoke
                          I admit the thoughts are happening less frequently but they are still happening.
                          If you get that job at the jail I am going to ship a few Stellas out to you ~ feathered bodyguards :H:H

Byrdie, I have had a huge problem with ants the past few weeks too, yuck!
                          The best remedy is a product called Terro Ant Killer. It's a thick, clear liquid & you just put a few drops on the little squares of cardboard that are supplied. It's made of borax so I don't have to worry about the kids or the dogs getting hurt. I just placed a few squares near the places where I saw the most ants (kitchen windowsill, near the door, etc). I haven't seen a single ant since the day I placed the squares
                          My condolences on your peanut butter :H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

K9Lover;1518460 wrote:

Byrdie - I'm sure I would get hooked on beading, which is why I have never taken it up. All I need is one more addiction...I already have the gym, the thrift store and crochet. I'm running out of time for all my vices. LOL
                            Hey K9

Hehehe - new (and good!) additions that replace the old, bad ones. Interesting to know who else has taken up new ventures, hobbies etc that has in some ways replaced previous addictions. Although when I joined this site I did run and was gearing up for my first marathon, if I had continued to drink I don't think a) I would have continued as full-on as I have b)I would have improves as I have c) that I would have joined a local athletic club (paid up member as of last night) ... (I NEVER in the month of Sundays would EVER have seen ME join an athletic club :H:H) d) have run the races so regularly and e) have met a fellow runner through MWO - the lovely anon (whizzy) - and joined her at a marathon race last month...

This is one new addiction I don;t want to give up

In fact running is definitely an addiction that helps to keep the old drinking habit at bay , despite my occasional rants and strops! The last thing i want is to wake up one morning and feel a little too groggy for a run.

Good luck in getting over the no smoking hump - like your NOPE! And did you get an interview for a job?

Comment

Lav, thank you for the condolences! Mr Byrdie had some of this Terro potion in the garage and has dispersed it in my cuppords.
                              I still have the heebeegeebees. (do you have anything for that?).
                              If I had taken a bite it'd have given a whole new meaning to crunchy peanut butter....oh the HUMANITY! brrrrrth! :bonkers:
                              B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, I think you need to hug a chicken :H
                                My mood always changes when I go out & spend a few minutes with the girls. They are funny, make me laugh & forget about whatever was pissing me off :H

Hi RC - glad to hear you are sticking with the plan

K9, I am sorry about your foot!
                                Maybe you should consider giving up pole dancing
                                I hope you heal quickly, take it easy, OK?
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X