100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I'm just chuffed that I'm finally starting to understand the Irish, Scottish, and English English :H !

Comment

It certainly has been an education NS :H
      I absolutely did not know what I was getting into when I signed up :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

If you stand on yer head while you read that thread, it helps.....:H
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1547570 wrote: If you stand on yer head while you read that thread, it helps.....:H
          I found it easier to just to turn the computer upside down
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Yeah - it's not pretty when all the blood rushes to my head Byrdie & Sam :H
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

The Aussies are some wonderful people, if this site is any indicator!!

Gosh, I'll tell you, I have a MASSIVE thought come in yesterday regarding VODKA! It is absolutely amazing that the thought came out of left field, took a seat, and started to play ball! It was frightening at how my old brain enabled it, too. (yeah, just take a day off, it said!). I practiced what I preach and glued myself to this site and pushed it out of my head, but it is amazing the ferocity of that thought! I seldom have them at all anymore....I was just taken a little off guard with the planning that took place so quickly in my head as to how to make it happen. I am so glad I was armed with the tools I needed to fight it off. All is well now.....

Never let your guard down. Complacency is the enemy at this point. Stand your ground and fight!

Have a happy Sunday everyone, thanks for listening! Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Geez Byrdie, I know the dumb thoughts still come & go. I have an automatic response thought in place - No F___ing way!!!!! It works
                Then I turn on my gratitude thinking, also very helpful. I saw this today:

flickspire - Gratitude – Louie Schwartz at TED
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Brydie
                  that's a weird one.... had a moment the other day, I stopped in a store that was one of my old stops for beer. I just stopped there for no reason, habit... went by the beer aisle had to wonder what am I doing??! got a lemonade instead, thank goodness, but it was a little overwhelming, the temptation, the "call".

What the hell is that all about? I haven't wanted anything for awhile, enjoying being sober. That thing is still lurking, only briefly, but in a very pronounced way.

Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Lavande;1548253 wrote:
                    Then I turn on my gratitude thinking, also very helpful. I saw this today:

flickspire - Gratitude – Louie Schwartz at TED
                    Your call to gratitude has been in my head and heart since I met you, Lav, so I think of you every day . Thanks for taking the time to remind us over and over. This is a beautiful video.

Comment

NS, I have been a member on this website for many years - I think you would like it too:

The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies

You can do lots of great reading free
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lavande;1549128 wrote: NS, I have been a member on this website for many years - I think you would like it too:

The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies

You can do lots of great reading free
                        Somehow I missed this until today but it turns out to be good timing because I am in a very ungrateful funk .

I'll take a look around the site. Thank you, Lav. NS

Comment

An ungrateful funk, huh? Well, scooch over, I'm in one, too! I will check out this site also!
                          Sam, yes, those thoughts are powerful....thank goodness they get less and less. I was reading a friend of mine had one the other day after 4 years. That's just not funny anymore! Leave us alone, I say!
                          Hugs to all, grateful to have my friends here on this site. Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening friends,

Boy I'm glad you posted that stuff about random thoughts popping up. A drink is the last thing I want, but every once in a while that damn thought comes out of nowhere. It feels like a dirty secret, but it's probably better to let it out here. I still don't even make "eye contact" with the beer in the supermarket. I just don't want those associated thoughts. It feels healthy to acknowledge it and remember that I'm an alcoholic, then go back to my day.

NS, hope you're feeling better soon!
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

An important point to always remember -
                              A thought is just a thought, you don't have to act on it. Just push it out of your head the moment you recognize it & you'll be OK

Hi there NS, Byrdie, Pinecone & everyone!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi friends,
                                I'm back home from our Alaska trip, it was amazing. There was alcohol everywhere on the cruise, including two bottles of wine in our room, but I didn't want any. I'm looking forward to celebrating my af one year anniversary by spending more time outdoors.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X