100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Untuck those feathers and get your little butt in here Sanchy! Showing up early just means you're excited and have no doubt you'll make it. So how many more days do we have to wait until the BIG DAY?

Byrdie, Lav, NS and 3J - You guys keep me inspired! Sometimes when it's been a while we forget the hell we came from and how good it feels now. That's why I continually help the newbies, because their struggles reinforce my decision for ME...and hopefully I can help them just a bit too

Is it Friday yet?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1582028 wrote: Untuck those feathers and get your little butt in here Sanchy! Showing up early just means you're excited and have no doubt you'll make it. So how many more days do we have to wait until the BIG DAY?

Byrdie, Lav, NS and 3J - You guys keep me inspired! Sometimes when it's been a while we forget the hell we came from and how good it feels now. That's why I continually help the newbies, because their struggles reinforce my decision for ME...and hopefully I can help them just a bit too

Is it Friday yet?
      Thanks All! I used to be the last one to leave a party, not the early arriver! :H What a 180for me!

K9, I have 9 more days to hit the 100 mark! I read in one of your posts your advice to not ever forget what that hangover feels like. So true! Thanks all for your support and inspiring posts. Love this place!

Comment

K9, that's exactly the reason I stay in the nest, too. I've seen complacency take down folks that I'd have sworn would never drink again. NN keeps it real for me. We are all one drink away from misery. That and I like to talk a lot! You know really, everyone on this thread helps in the nest now that I think about it!! Lav, you'll never know how grateful I am to you for finally getting me sober. What took you so long!!???? Dam, I nearly died! :H

Sam, the visual of you looking for a poster named Susta!!! Bahahahah! You are such a gem! I always enjoy your posts! Rock solid advice everytime I see your mountain avatar!

It's almost Friday K9!! Hang on, I can smell it!!
        Hugs to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good to see you sanchez keep doing what you're doing cause it works!

I am off to see my sister this weekend. I remember the first time I went there after I'd quit, it was for a baby shower. I was absolutely petrified because it was my first outing where there would be AL. A little birdie gave me her contact info and it was as if she was right there with me cheering me along. I got through it unscathed (well I seem to remember an awful sugar hangover from the AF punch I made) and now my sister has quit drinking too! What a difference we make in each others' lives.

Staying on MWO is what keeps me grounded I think. I have learned so much here, and will forever be grateful.
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Byrdlady;1582123 wrote: K9, that's exactly the reason I stay in the nest, too. I've seen complacency take down folks that I'd have sworn would never drink again. NN keeps it real for me. We are all one drink away from misery. That and I like to talk a lot! You know really, everyone on this thread helps in the nest now that I think about it!! Lav, you'll never know how grateful I am to you for finally getting me sober. What took you so long!!???? Dam, I nearly died! :H

Sam, the visual of you looking for a poster named Susta!!! Bahahahah! You are such a gem! I always enjoy your posts! Rock solid advice everytime I see your mountain avatar!

It's almost Friday K9!! Hang on, I can smell it!!
            Hugs to all, Byrdie
            Alright I have to admit. I was looking for a susta too. Even did a google searc when I couldn't find a handle on this site... thought it might be an acronym. Guess that makes me a big dumb musta.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Btw I have to stop trying to post using my kindle. I cant get through a post without some typing mistake or an auto correct gone wrong.
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

I too have a hard time posting via my kindle. Takes forever and tons o typos! Usually at night I just read and maybe a lil post like this one every so often.

Comment

TJAF;1582188 wrote: Btw I have to stop trying to post using my kindle. I cant get through a post without some typing mistake or an auto correct gone wrong.
                  What the heck is with auto correct. On my phone it drives me a little crazy. I like playing with speelling of words, and it gets correctd or another word put in the placebo of.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Samstone;1582233 wrote: What the heck is with auto correct. On my phone it drives me a little crazy. I like playing with speelling of words, and it gets correctd or another word put in the placebo of.
                    Cute, Sam :H. If you go into Settings, you should be able to turn it off and then your verbal creativity can shine on through!

Comment

Autocorrect is just STOOPID!

Hi Sustas and Mustas....Happy Freakin' Friday!!!

Comment

Samstone;1582233 wrote: What the heck is with auto correct. On my phone it drives me a little crazy. I like playing with speelling of words, and it gets correctd or another word put in the placebo of.
                        :H:H:H

I like to speak in Southern FoNetiCals....so you can imagine the time I have with autocorrect! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Is there an option to choose which language you speak, such as "Redneck" or "Hillbilly"? How does the dang thing know what yer tryin' to say?

Comment

I like the rockabilly option
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

My Kindle changes the word color to Colorado every time unless I change it, go figure. Sometimes it can be helpful though, so far I haven't turned it off.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I turned off the auto correct feature on my iPhone & iPad - I have no patience for that nonsense :H
                                Although I have to admit it did help me with my dyslexia problem :H
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X