Long Term Moderation Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunbeam;288384 wrote: How long have you moderated (without increasing)? Please include only time without meds or supplements.
    I always like research ideas but the variables of not allowing meds or supplements may make this one a tough one Sunbeam as MWO program was designed encouraging people to take meds and/or supplements.
    The way you have it written I can't really be a part of your research group as I have bought L-glut and Kudzu and although I don't take them daily I have been known to pop them on a day I think I may be drinking and on rare occasions when cravings have really set in when I've popped an L-glut. So, based on your specifications I wouldn't quality as I can't say I've modded without meds or supplements.
    However, even though I don't qualify 100% I have accomplished great harm reduction by substantially decreasing my intake of AL with the use here and there of the supplements and with the help of the board and *drinktracker* which has been one of the biggest helps.
    Eve11 :heart:
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Eve,
      I want a long term plan, and don't want to take meds or supplements long term, so this is what works for me. But one could really argue that I don't belong on this site at all, I don't fit in many ways.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

You're like the round peg in the round hole!

Sunbeam;581489 wrote: Hi Eve,
        I want a long term plan, and don't want to take meds or supplements long term, so this is what works for me. But one could really argue that I don't belong on this site at all, I don't fit in many ways.
        The WHOLE thing is so subjective Sunbeam isn't it? Modding for one person is not the same as successful modding for someone else. No hard and fast rules about that, that's for sure.

I got confused today because I thought this was a brand new post but then realized it was an old post that had been bumped up.

It's always been a question on my mind too as to how many people can really moderate successfully. To me the variables of whether they pop an amino acid or not doesn't matter. I guess one could argue certain vitamins make a difference as well. I've always been more interested in who can mod and how many are able to as opposed to the fact that so many people with drinking problems are deluding themselves if they think they can moderate at all. To me that would be a more interesting study.

I guess in many ways I could claim I've been modding without drugs (for sure about that one) and with limited supps as I forget to take them most of the time. So, since Sept 08 I've done remarkably well with maybe 2 times of going overboard but overboard without the consequences that I had in the old days. We're talking a headache as opposed to "What did I do last night?!!"

This last month of March has been my most serious month with completely honest posting (if I went a touch over in the past I would conveniently forget to post on the drinktracker and then couldn't honestly remember the amount!). So with the help of a few pm friends I'm being as honest to myself and to others that I can be and feel I am doing a great job at present.

However, that could be debateable - haha - back to subjectiveness as I still enjoy my 2 drinks every week-end so some would argue I'm not a true moderator. That's okay-at least I'm a great harm reducer and darn ... I still do enjoy that glass or two of fine wine.
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X