I can't stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stop

i threw out the last glass and went to bed. yeah. i'm taking my topa and listening to cd.s with a vengance. thanks for being there everybody. have a good day. i will....

Comment

I can't stop

Hi Babs
      Hope u are feeling better. My doctor was not very knowledgeable about the Topamax being used for anything other than migraine headaches, but she was a big advocate of the Campral. She said that the Campral is very expensive though, and I have no insurance right now. She put me on Celexa, an anti-depressant, but she said just for a short time. She also gave me a little bit of Ativan (like Valium) because my blood pressure was still up and I was anxious. She also gave the Ativan to me because I wanted to go back to AA, but get too panicky. I know I need to make sober friends because I am often alone. So my plan is take the Celexa until I can afford the Campral. Take the Ativan Only when I absolutely have to because it is an addictive drug, and that is all I need. I am reading the MWO book. I will buy some supps when I figure out what I need. Right now, I just take a multivitamin, B-complex, magnesium, vit c. I also plan to stick around here. I hope u will too. There is hope. I can't believe I made it through the weekend. It feels so good not to have a horrible hangover today.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I can't stop

Oh stop it dolphin.lol. I am nothing special. Just a desperate drunk. I will jump into chat tonight. What time will u be there?

Comment

I can't stop

Forgot about the time difference. Hope u rest well. Hope to catch up with u in chat soon.

Comment

I can't stop

hi babs congrats you just made the 1st step yur talkin about it here lots of good folks here and as far as AA IVE BEEN IN AND OUT OF THERE FOR 10 YEARS some places arent for everyone gyco

Comment

I can't stop

I just spent a bunch of time on the Internet trying to figure out how much 2.3 units of wine would be and I've given up First of all there are conflicting numbers and secondly for the life of me I can't do the conversion to ounces or mL - can you give me the answer in one of those? Please? LOL...

Hi Babs,

Have a look at a website Drinkaware - Home it is really useful. You put in exactly the type of wine you drink as well as the alcohol content and the size of your glass and then it calculates the units for you. When I did it, it was an absolute SHOCKER and i dashed oud and bought myself smaller glassed and a lower AL wine, LOL!!

As far as talking to your Doctor goes, i didn't go to my normal GP exactly because of that same reason... I was also so ashamed, so i found myself a female GP adn spilled my guts to her. It turned out to be the best thing I ever did. I don't have all the answers when it comes to Topa and to be honest I haven't had side effects but maybe if you do want to persue it then you could look at getting your "own" GP like I did?
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I can't stop

I too am computer challenged. Would love to chat, but every time I click on chat, it says I'm in the lobby, but no one else is there. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

I can't stop

Hey KT, I can't get into chat either ((( I don't even get in the lobby!!!!! I am going to try again tomorrow.
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I can't stop

I thought it was only me!

Comment

I can't stop

Hi KTB,

If you are in the lobby then you are in the right place, it's just that no one is in chat at the moment. If you hang around somebody will soon join you.

Keep trying!
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I can't stop

You can stop.

Dear Babs,
                        You can stop. With a lot of help and with the support of this site. I am in the same situation. Please read the thread that sausage started .... the best times ......

I live in a community that offers alcohol at every occaison. And there is always something to celebrate. The cocktail hour is sacred. I just got fed up with my very bad habits and decided to quit cold turkey. Got rid of the last bottle of chardonnay by drinking it, fell and hurt myself, scared myself, and quit. Just quit. I am trying for total abstinence so that I don't kill myself. My family still drinks, but I am being strong for me. I also need to lose weight and be the designated driver.

Hang in there with me ....it ain't easy, but it IS possible. I am checking in to this site daily. There is heartwarming and life-changing support here.
                        Take care. L.

Comment

I can't stop

Babs,

I don't post a lot, but I do read a lot of the threads. I will say that like so many, for me, I'm not so much one that feels a "need" to drink, but once I start, for whatever reason that may hit me at the time, I really can't seem to stop at just one or two, maybe three, four or five, so on an so forth... - and I'm a wine drinker. After reading a lot of information from this site I did try the Kudzo - I can purchase mine from a local health food store, and I will say, for me, it works like a dream! I'm still kind of amazed at how this works, but I actually can drink ONE glass of wine and then be very ambivalent about the next, and definitley have not gone past three with the Kudzo. I find myself going for longer periods of time (during the week) that I just don't care about having any glass of wine or not. You might try it, because it sure has helped me, and it would be great if it could help you too. My hope is that if I can continue this pattern for a while, then I'll break the "cycle" or routine habit of just grabbing a glass of wine - we'll see.
                          Best of luck!

Comment

I can't stop

Going,

I am glad the Kudzu helps you. I tried it and it didn't do much for me but others here swear by it.

It is a safe supplement to try.

Keep us posted on how it is working for you.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                            X