Mod Mob 13th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Mob 13th October

Deebs, was wondering where you where. Hope you get the website sorted! Anyway, I didn't choose to be a Christian, God chose me - He found me when I was at my lowest, something someone said about asking Jesus into my heart just twigged with me at that point - I was 19, obsessed with drink and had OCD on top of that - oh I shudder at the thought now. Just can't believe I slipped 10 years later, well I can - it only takes us to get complacent, let the devil take hold and BLAM! You're sat with a nearly empty bottle of vodka intoxicated on the sofa. The thing is, in hindsight I'd seen it coming for about a year, but refused to admit it, thought I could handle it - what's one little shot of vodka going to do? Sounded like the devil's voice to me. And we know he only wants destruction.

Sorry, you probably didn't want to hear my little preach there.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

I have given up with the website for today... there is only so much a girl can do in one day.

I loved your little preach Vladster. I am such a lost soul, searching and searching .... I feel the only way from here is to read, learn, feel and hope!

How are you doing otherwise - I would kill for a piece of your fruit loaf right now!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Doing OK - need to lose some weight though, LOL!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Ditto! Ducky is putting me to shame, I need to do some form of exercise.

Just bought some more veggie seedlings so a bit of gardening will be in order if the sun is shining tomorrow.... that counts as exercise, doesn't it??
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Hi everyone,
            Well, the guests are gone , the house is ours and quiet again.

Ducky, I also enjoy riding my bike. I ride to work most days when weather cooperates. It's anly about a mile, but I try to take a longer route home, about 6 miles. In the summer I just work part time, so on my off days I ride about two hours in the a.m. I love it! I also swing, usually two morning a week, walk a lot on my job, probably a couple of miles a day. Back strengthening and stretching exercise two mornings per week, walk the dog most evenings about 1/2 mile. I had hoped to lose some weight, but so far not.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Swing!! Now that is something I could take up seriously.

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Hi Sunbeam,

You have a great exercise plan. I read a while back that losing weight is 30% about exercise and 70% about diet, although the exercise is super important to maintaining your healthy weight.

I fear it is true because despite the amount of exercise I was doing, until I started cutting my portions I also did not lose. Makes sense when you think about it. You can eat the 500 calories you just burned on a jog with one nice fattening snack.

I have done lots of diets but what works best for me is to try to eat smaller portions and make healthier choices, leaving room for treats of course. I have thyroid disease, and that combined with age makes it harder to lose than it used to be but I am SICK of using that as an excuse!

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

I'm going to give up pizza. :upset:

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Eating my last today.

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Oh Vlad I could never give up pizza. I recently made a white pizza with clams (steamed them myself) and pancetta.

Just have one or two slices with a big salad!

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Oh, I'd have 3 slices cos I'm greedy.

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

and some garlic bread.

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Tonight's pizza is chicken, bacon and mushroom.

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

YUM

Comment

Mod Mob 13th October

Eaten pizza and off to my church worship group practice. Later all.

Comment

Working...
                                X