Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Ummmm... that sounded dodgy.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Ooh, the UK have 37 vehicles and Russia have 18.
      Fascinating stuff eh?
      Nyet.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

I am here! I did something very bad to my mac last night and totally screwed up my wireless network. A little impulsive clicking through an update when I really wasn't sure about the choices. Took hubbie a while to get me back on line.

Hi to Boozehag, Vlad, DeeBee, gyco, bossman and Sunbeam, and anyone I have missed.

Pilates this morning on almost no sleep. Maybe a bike ride after my cleaning but no 20 miler today!

Vlad I love borscht. I use a great recipe from Emerile Lagasse that has some beef. It takes a long time to make because you first roast the beets then grate them but it is SOOOOO good.

Sunbeam, happy to talk thyroid any time. Vlad, do you have a fast one? Mine is VERY slow. I gained 15 pounds in one month before being diagnosed. The thing that stinks is that even with the proper level of meds, you will never burn calories at the same rate you used to, so you have to work even harder to lose. One of those life is not fair things...

DeeBee, stay strong - you can do it!

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Ducky!!!! Glad you're OK and it's just the Mac that's not, LOL!

Borsch - I grate them and fry them in a wok.

Yes, I had a fast one, lost a stone in a week and had the shakes like you wouldn't believe. I struggled to walk down stairs they were so bad. There were lots of other horrid symptoms too - I felt so ill, so exhausted - thought I was dying. And because I was a drinker, was worried it was my liver failing, LOL! I kept looking in the mirror to see if I had yellow eyes! It prompted me to abstain from AL for Lent that year. Was on carbimazole for 18 months and beta blockers (for the shakes) for the 1st month. Wasn't allowed to drink whilst on the beta blockers. I was glad, I was that drugged up, I woke up with a hangover every morning anyway!

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Hi all
            I would like to join the Mod Squad, if I may. I don't feel too honest about being on an AB thread. I am drinking a bit too much, but don't feel ready to give up anything that is a comfort, but would like a little less comfort.
            I just moved, and was off line for a few lonely un-MWO weeks, and just got internet again yesterday.
            Lila

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Hi Lila and welcome to Mods!

Moving can be stressful for sure. I hope our little group will be a good place for you to work on your goals.

It's kindof quiet here this afternoon. Several members are across the pond so they may be sleeping by now.

Look forward to learning more about you!

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Welcome Lila!

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

It is good to be here. I am, to sort of introduce myself, a single mom with three lovely kids, we just moved. I am a little sad these last few days, a few little things gone wrong, like suddenly the dryer doesn't work, so much to do...but it is just so wonderful to have a house! Oh dear, have to get my little one from school...but Mod goal, two or less drinks per night. That's still a lot, isn't it?

Lila

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

The little things like the dryer not working can make you crazy! Hope you get settled in soon.

As for what is mods it really varies person to person. I am happy if I have some AF nights here and there, and if I keep it to a couple of drinks other nights. I try not to go over 3 glasses of wine max because I know I will feel crappy the next day. I have not been perfect but have been drinking quite a bit less that I used to so feel I have made progress. And I hope to continue making more progress.

I know many have much stricter goals here but that is what works for me right now. Each person has to set their own goals, keeping in mind of course that the ideal is really 7 drinks per week for a woman I believe.

It must be hard to take care of three little ones alone.

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

yes, the dryer!!! I have always been the caretaker of the kids, but they are amazing, and maybe a bit more independent because of all this, dysfunctional life, then divorce. And lots of love. I was raised in such a chilly house, no hugs, nothing. Now I see my daughter hugging her friends goodbye. I love it. 02m, are you going to go trick or treating?? I love all this Halloween stuff here!

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Just stopping in to say HI...My work has gotten absolutely nuts because people are in a panic over the econemy...Between my Brother and my clients, I Feel like I have no time for ME AND HUBBY these days...This has got to stop and stop soon...or we will have to run away from home or play hooky...Miss speaking to you all.
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Hi to Evie and One,

Lila, in my family we do the pat, pat, pat. Do you know that one?

Hate Halloween because the doggies freak.

My niece is 4 10 and I tease her a lot. I am a lofty 5 2.

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

no - I don't. I am 5'4', but I am too shy to trick or treat. What is everyone going as?

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Is this an exclusive "club"? I'm trying to figure out if / where I fit in. I don't know if I'm Monthly modder or not, only been here a little over a week. I hope to mod but konw that the plan may have to change. For now, I'm not AF but I have cut down big time.

I just wanted to tell someone that today is my grandson's b-day, he's 5 today! I know you are all thinking that I'm too young to have grandkids (LOL) but I started young! :H

periwinkle
                              Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Tues 14/10 Mod Squad

Evielou,
                                Sister! I do miss our connection on the Peace Corps, but I'm not sure where to look for you.

I wish I could play hookey with my (retired) husband. We had hoped that maybe I could work part time next year, but no chance of that now with our investments having gone south. Oh well, I am still very fortunate to have a job with decent pay, doing work I enjoy.

Lila and Periwinkle,
                                Welcome! All are welcome here, wherever you are in reaching the goals you set for yourself. All progress always counts. I've been limiting my alcohol mostly to one evening per week, and would like to achive an AF weekend this one coming up (Oct 18/19). I would love to get off a drinking schedule, and become just an occasional social drinker.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X