Mod Squad 15th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad 15th October

I wasn't in the car, it was parked on the street and looks like someone swiped it. Just a bit peeved because I had an accident just over a month ago and had to have it repaired.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad 15th October

Vlad,
      We are all concerned, hope you are OK.

Here's my thyroid question: I've researched the symptoms, don't seem to have the lethargy mentioned or other symptoms. But I eat pretty healthy and moderately (no fast food, lots of good food made from scratch with fruits, vegs, moderate meat). Ice cream is my downfall, but I've been quite good since school started. I really upped my exercise also at the beginning of September, but no weight loss. And there were so many calories in that wine I used to consume! I suppose it is just my mid-50's age, but should I check into thyroid?

Periwinkle: I love that color, and the flower. All flowers, really, and Colorado. The news you maybe already know about moderating is that it is a lot harder than quitting. You need to be totally honest with your drinks (1 serving wine = 5 oz., 1 bottle = 5 servings). Drink Tracker is a great tool for this. You need to learn how to drink much differently, pay much more attention instead of relaxing with drinks. Takes some of the fun out of it, actually. Moderate drinking is something I needed to try to see if I could do it. Now that I know I can, I want it less.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad 15th October

Sunbeam
        Over or under active thyroid? I have hypothyroid, and I take 90 mg of Armour natural thyroid, which I really love. I don't have all of the symptoms (I have very thick hair and tend to be thinner) if you do get tested, tell me your TSH levels.
        Lila

Comment

Mod Squad 15th October

Heloo Squad,

Have just a few minutes to say hello before I go to my class at church - it's a 4-week series titled "Why Jesus Makes Me Nervous". Should be interesting! Vlad, bummer about your car. Glad you weren't hurt, but oh the hassle of getting a car repaired. That is just no fun at all.

And Kay, you can actually use the cd's to increase you desire for exercise! On the hypnotic cd, you have a minute or two to "insert" a message to your subconcious. One suggested response is that you will not abuse alcohol, drink slowly, etc. Well, you can tell yourself "I find pleasure in exercise. I will do ____ daily/3x weekly/etc." Then, you are asked to visualize yourself doing your message, then asked to "feel" yourself carrying out your message. After that, the "voice" will talk about not abusing alcohol, so it's like a two-fer. Hope you were looking for a serious answer! Just realized it may have been meant to be funny. In that case, :H

Glad to see you joining in Lila and Peri. Know that moving can be very stressful. Do you really like living near a train track? Always thought they were noisy - but I guess once a day isn't too bad. Anyway, am sober as a judge and will get off to my class. See ya'll on Thursday.

Vera-b

Comment

Mod Squad 15th October

Sunbeam,

I had all the classic symptoms when I was diagnosed - itchy skin, fatigue, weight gain, etc. But all you need is a very basic blood test so I would not hesitate to ask your doc.

Good luck.

And I just turned 50 and agree that losing weight does get harder with age! Hang in there.

Comment

Mod Squad 15th October

diagnosed with hypothyroid?

Comment

Mod Squad 15th October

Yes, Lila, hypo.

Comment

Working...
                X