Mod Squad 16 Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Had a job given to me this morning with a deadline of 5.00pm. There were 11 items I had to create animations for. At lunchtime I'd only managed to create 1 of the animations (mainly due to the finance dept refusing to let me purchase the software I needed). I explained to the boss the deadline was inrealistic, so he's extended it to 2.00pm tomorrow. I thought that seemed better but then my computer decided it couldn't cope with the intensity of the work and kept crashing, so by the end of the day I only had 3 of the items finished. I now have 8 more items to complete between the hours of 8.30am - 2.00pm tomorrow. Impossible.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

sounds like you had a horrid day Vladster, and tomorrow doesn't look much better?

Take it easy tonight and enjoy church.

What a bummer about your car!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

How was your day Deebs?
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Plodding along.

Had a bit of a wobble earlier but nabbed the beast with a tablespoon of L-Glut and feel more with it now.

Hubby is over the ocean at the mo so there is no contact at all other than the odd sms for the next 10 sleeps. He is 18 hours ahead of me in Shanghai so it make communicating so frustrating... when I wake up he's having lunch

I WILL BE STRONG, I WILL BE STRONG!!!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Bacon, Baked Beans and cheese on toast for dinner - how sad!

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

I feel for ya deebers!
              And you vladders having a shite day at the office
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Aw thanks Starting!

I must make more of an effort tomorrow night... otherwise my daughter will start to complain :0

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Stay strong DeeBee!

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

DeeBee,
                    When hubby worked late or was gone (rarely gone) that had always been my time to overdrink. Was so easy to go through the whole bottle of wine in the early evening before he came home. He's gone on a rare trip this week-end coming up so my plan is to stay moderating as I have been and NOT blow it. I'm there with you DeeBee...let's keep each other strong!
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Hi all,
                      Another busy day at work, a couple of hours at home before going off to a church board meeting.

Deebs, hang in there. You should make yourself some special food - you deserve to indulge yourself.

Eve, glad to see you on this thread.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

hi all
                        I want to be kinda honest. I am sort of depressed and angry about something - I don't really want to put any details online, but it has to do with child support. I know things will get sorted out, but in the moment I am scared and angry about money, I don't work yet, am not able to, as I am in school, and a full time parent. At least I have primary custody and a house. I have a lot of blessings, really good things, but I keep getting lost in anger.
                        I just was reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I am a far cry from that! Still, I would like to feel secure. I was raised rather poor, cash poor, so maybe I get triggered this way easily.
                        if anyone has any words of comfort, or spiritual words, I would appreciate it.

Lila

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Maybe I will write all the good things, starting with my perfect health. Still, I have always had a weakness for depression, that absolutely preceeds this drinking thing.

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Hi Lila,

I wish I had some wise words for you. I also grew up poor and I think that no matter how successful you become you never lose the fear of going back there.

It sounds as though things will get sorted out for you. I am sure it is hard not to worry but I do like your idea of writing down what it is you have to be thankful for. It sounds like you can come up with a nice long list!

Hang in there.

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

thank you Ducky. maybe it is just the past, anyways, maybe I should start unpacking my supplements. I am feeling down and am getting afraid of having a depression. This stuff and the dark weather that is starting to happen.

Lila

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Lila,
                                You asked for spiritual words, and this is what I have to share this evening. It is called The Jesus Prayer. The words are meant to be repeated for 15 minutes, kind of a mantra:
                                Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have mercy on me.
                                I would end the prayer session by adding, And Bring Me Peace.

Peace was often what I was searching for when I was drinking too much. This is much better.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X