Clear All

Mod Squad 16 Oct

okay I will try it
    thanks
    Lila

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

Happy Thursday Mod Squad,

Finally have a few moments before bedtime to come and visit with ya'll. Deebs, thank you so much for getting us going on our thread. I, too, have a husband that travels quite a bit, though the trips overseas are few and far between. While it's nice to have the freedom (no one expecting a regular dinner, etc.) there's also far more temptation. It's on those nights I've explored nearly every thread on this site!! You'd think I'd plan more time with friends, but that's hard to do during the week with everyone's work schedules and set evening activities.

Vladders, what's with that finance department??? Tell them they'll have to come up with all those animations. What are they trying to do? Sounds like they're a little, well, too much into their numbers.

My church class last night was very interesting. We talked about "community" and I, of course, thought of all of you. I think we could teach this part of the course - we've got the community part down pat. Of course, I did not share all of this because, well, we're rather exclusive and we don't want just anyone knowing how much we used to drink!!

Finally, Lila, it is so interesting that you can feel yourself starting to slide. I think that shows you've got a very strong handle on yourself, your emotions, and your triggers. More people are in constant denial, which is why it takes some so long to get real with themselves. Anger is a legitimate emotion, just don't let it control you. Feel it, own it, then get rid of it. Usually money is symptomatic of something much deeper - could it be some anger/resentment that you have to do everything and worry about finances as well? Of course that sucks, but sometimes we just have to plod on with the cards we're dealt. Vent your heart out here (we can take it), haul out the gratitude journal to give you some balance, and know that the creator of the universe is in pain with you. Perhaps, if it gets overwhelming, you can do as Sunbeam suggests which is to turn your burdens over to the Lord. He knows you're struggling, you just have to open up the channels of communication so he can tell you how much you mean to him and how he'll be by your side every single moment. You're never alone. I suspect he may have helped you find this site precisely when you needed it just for a safe place to spill your needs. Wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, good luck unloading all those boxes. See everyone tomorrow!

Vera-b

Comment

Mod Squad 16 Oct

all of you thanks so much for listening to my complaining. I did the prayer, and maybe it did help. And reading the replies. Maybe spiritual puts things at more of a distance. It isn't me, it's just what's here now.
        It is definately time to get out my sunlight lamp.

Comment

Working...
        X