Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

Ditto Lila, it's the other 5% of the time which leaves me gob-smacked! LOL

I love her to distraction but she does know what buttons to push. She forgets and forgives very easily so we are chommies again.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

Yes, us women of all ages are hard to deal with! I try to remember that all emotions are real and very powerful, even though what triggers them may seem so ridiculous! I am off to class, having taken a bunch of supplements - L-Tyrosine as well, to help with my at-risk-for-depression brain, put in my time by the sunlamp, and feel actually kinda good!

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

Vlad I don't know what project you had due, but congrats!

Lila, don't be embarrassed to ask for financial help for something your daughter. OMG I had to ask so many times for my boys! I could barely afford the boy scout dues and I would ask the older (or bigger) boys parents if they had "hand-me-down" uniforms I could buy from them. Of course they would always be happy to just give them to me. I sent them to summer camp each year by asking for scholarships. I understand your embarrassment but you can accept it graciously!

12 and 13 is a hard age with girls! My step daughter is now 19 and there were some crazy drama moments with her. Not nearly so much drama with boys! My heart goes out to you both! Like you said Lila, us women of all ages are hard to deal with! Just take me for example. I was perfect as a teen[ha, ha, ha, ha!!!]. Now this being 48 business! Oh man! I don't believe I had this much hormonal crap going on and affecting my moods since... well I don't think it was ever like this! God bless my hubby for putting up with me.

BTW, I have read recently (more than one source) that a peri-menopausal symptom can be alcohol cravings. There seem to be a bunch of us on this site in this interesting age bracket. I just wonder if part of my increased cravings in the past year or so could have a connection. Don?t get me wrong, I?m not making an excuse, I just want to consider all angles. Maybe I should start a thread: peri-menopause by peri-winkle! Now that?s funny!

Ok must get back to work.

peri-menopausal peri-winkle
        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

peri-menopausal by per-winkle... ROFL!!

Please to see on the boards today Peri!
          I take it you are at work still.... I have made a Tuna Salad for dinner so I'll leave the 'puter alone for a bit and go and bond with my daughter.

See ya later.

Where's Vlad? I'm missing you:-(
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

Hi Everyone,
            I'm home from work, nothing going on. Whew! The end of a busy week. Barely 50o outside - a little chilly, but much worse to come.

Between keystrokes I'm drinking coffee and eating Waldorf salad (apple, walnuts,raisins) with vanilla yogurt dressing. I find that coffee when I get home keeps me away from the wine. Its seems that on Friday night I'm just too tired to put the effort into moderating, and too often I've had 4 glasses. Coffee will keep me doing useful things for awhile, then I'll just crash early. I hope I don't eat much else because I had a bagle with cream cheese and a chocolate chip cookie at work today, in addition to my breakfast and lunch.

I need to be back at church early tomorrow to help out with a fundraiser. We may go for a drive tomorrow p.m. to get pumpkins and a grape pie. The pie I think is a local thing, made from Concord grapes.

You all sound like you are doing what you need to do. We have no kids, so I don't have much to say there. Lila and Periwinkle, glad you are still around. I'm glad some of you enjoyed the prayer, which my pastor shared at the Board meeting last night.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

oh dear, I am on my third drink today - kids are gone, so it is time to 'party'. Tomorrow I better start with the kudzu. I took all my supplements except for that one.
              I really think your prayer helped a bunch, Sunbeam.

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

Bonding with daughter is a good thing DeeBee!

Lila, hang in there! we are here for you!
                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

thank you!!!! I love the Mod Squad! I am an isolating type, so this is just very nice!

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

Lila,
                    I believe the prayer has also helped me. I have been wanting to get in an AF weekend. I have had no desire to drink tonight. The prayer just keeps going through my head on an endless loop. This is the meditation piece I had not yet added to my program.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

That is so great to hear! Tonight for me is...well, too many glasses of wine. But I did start again with the supps, tomorrow I won't forget Kudzu, and I will try that prayer again. Tomorrow will be a new day. Let me know how things go for you!
                      My dryer is working again, it was a problem in the fuse box. Oh, joy!

Comment

Mod Aquad TGIF 17/10

If you look, there are miracles everywhere! I sold my house, have a new one, and now interest rates are climbing. I really have to remember to trust. I was led out of my marriage, and everything has worked out, most of the 'suffering' has come from me worrying!
                        I will add that prayer to the program I haven't been doing!!

Comment

Working...
                        X