Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hi Lila,
    I guess I'm a moderate moderator. My goal is to just be an occasional social drinker. For the past few weeks I've been drinking mostly just one day per week, on the weekend, and I want to drink less. I had planned to go AF two weekends ago, but I was not successful. Last weekend we had houseguests for 4 days, with wine at each evening meal - I was restrained in only having wine two days. Now I again want an AF weekend, and I believe that this time I will be successful. I keep all of my drinking data on Drink Tracker, for the world to see. I use honest glasses, 1 drink = 5 oz. wine.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

You sound like you are doing really well, Sunbeam. I am going to try that prayer again today. I just put up most of my storm windows, planning to get my reading assignments done today. Tell me how things go for you.
      Maybe I will also listen to the CDs, if I can find my earphones. Did they work for you? Are they a help?

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hi mod squad! I slept in today, and didn't get to the computer right away. I'm in mtn time zone so it's later here than for most (all?) of you. It's just 10am here.

DeeBee mentioned peri-menopausal peri-winkle. For any of you who might have missed that it was a post I made yesterday about this whacky hormonal time for me. It's worse than puberty or being pregnant! I really cracked myself up for the rest of the day though when I said I was going to start a thread and call it peri-menopause by peri-winkle.

Boozehag (I love that name) it sounds like you had a wonderful time with the girls and congrats on your moderating.

Well I must get off this forum now. I have birthday gifts to wrap and a special little boy's b-day party to go to today. How exciting!

I love this squad by the way, it's fun to oget to know people.

peri-??? :H
        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

hi Peri, and anyone who is around - how old are you, Peri? I am just curious because I am almost forty. I am having kind of a boring day, just reading for school, and every time I finish a chapter, I look at the site. Lonely day for me today. Things I have to do that I am only half doing...

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hello Squadron!

Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good weekend. After work yesterday, my boss and I went to an art showing by a fellow church member. She's in her 70's and the art is ok, but the greater thrill was her appreciation that we showed up to support her. It was at the clubhouse of the condo complex where she lives, and it was so nice to see her feeling so proud of her art. We bought one painting for the office (I work at the church). Low key day today. Did some much needed cleaning in the attic - feels like I need to really tackle some closets next. Amazing how much stuff we tend to accumulate.

Hubby is cooking steaks on the grill tonight, and have a new cabernet to try. One of the things I have found with modding is that I've become very particular with my wine. I drink my glass or two very slowly and want it to taste really good. Before, the taste didn't matter so much. After the first glass, I didn't even notice the taste. I think it works that way with food, too.

DeeBee, sounds like you're doing very well with hubby out of town. The performance sounds like it will be so fun. And Lila, I strongly recommend the cd's. They were a big part of my working the "drinking brain" to form new, healthier habits. Still use them from time to time. You mentioned you're going to school. Are you working on a degree? Are you near the end, or just starting out? I remember working on my MBA at night when I was first married. It was so hard to discipline myself to study when hubby was relaxing on a weekend.

Anyway, hope everyone - Starting, Sunbeam, Vladster, BH, Deebs, Lila, and Peri-menopause (I mean winkle!) has a terrific weekend. If I've missed someone, my heartfelt apologies. :h

Vera-b

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Lila, I'm 48 and have been doing the hot flashes for a good year or two now. I often wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet cause I've been sweating. The good thing about it is that I don't get cold when we go camping at 10,000 feet anymore :H.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be watching the Broncos tomorrow.

peri who?
              Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

That sounds so lovely, Vera, steaks on the grill, hubby, all that! And that mod is working for you. I have noticed my big trigger is being alone. But I have always craved being alone. Maybe I need people more than I thought. Peri, yikes, how is the menopause thing? Yes, good you can camp!
                I did half my reading, will keep reading into the night...Sarah Palin is on SNL tonight. I am planning on watching it. Last night I watched Into The Wild. Has anyone seen it? I thought that kid must have had a psychological problem. As much as I totally respect what he did, up to a point.
                Anyways, I unpacked more boxes, and at least one room in the house looks like a normal room, all respectable, not like a tornado just hit.
                Maybe later I will go into chat.
                Lila

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hi all,
                  We are back home from our outing - a lovely but cool day.

Lila, I never got around to ordering the CD's, though I believe that a meditative piece is important in order to regain control over drinking. I have used prayer, but never had the right words. I think this kind of mantra prayer is just the ticket for me, just keep saying the same words over and over again.

Deebs, we got the grape pie and some beautiful gourds. Concord grapes have a skin that is easily removed by squishing them, so it's easy to use just the insides to make the pie. Removing the seeds is more difficult, which is why I don't make these pies myself. Actually I don't bake much at all right now. I have in the past, and may again in the future.

Vera and BH, Periwinkle, and anyone else I've missed, glad to have you back here with us.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                  X